What game series do you want to come back?

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope Sony makes another Wild Arms game, it's been 15 years since Wild Arms XF, give us Wild Arms 6 already!!
and instead of Street Fighter 6, Capcom should've just developed Street Fighter Alpha 4, making a comeback after 23 years could or might have given the game some huge hype.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Klonoa.

Yes, i am well aware of (and very excited for) the Phantasy Reverie collection bringing back the two mainline games in all their glory, but i really hope that the collection is the start of Namco giving the boy a second chance considering how the Wii remake of the first title was going to be followed by more entirely new games but it didn't sell well enough afaik. The existing games are great (and the GBA ones are decent yet different) and it definitely deserves a second chance.

Reactions: Takokeshi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Klonoa.

Yes, i am well aware of (and very excited for) the Phantasy Reverie collection bringing back the two mainline games in all their glory, but i really hope that the collection is the start of Namco giving the boy a second chance considering how the Wii remake of the first title was going to be followed by more entirely new games but it didn't sell well enough afaik. The existing games are great (and the GBA ones are decent yet different) and it definitely deserves a second chance.
In case you missed it then nice GBA level editor dropped a while back
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rom-hac...el-editor-for-klonoa-empire-of-dreams.555877/

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Duke Nukem
F Zero
Midnight Club
Die By The Sword (not a series, but a stupid fun game)
Conkers Bad Fur Day needs that damn sequel
Diddy Kong Racing
Turok
Phantasy Star Universe needs a proper revival

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Duke Nukem
F Zero
Midnight Club
Die By The Sword (not a series, but a stupid fun game)
Conkers Bad Fur Day needs that damn sequel
Diddy Kong Racing
Turok
Phantasy Star Universe needs a proper revival
Diddy Kong Racing Better then Mario Kart. Recently Beat it again. David Wise is a musical genius.

Reactions: Kioku

codenameTOSTR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codenametostr.com
XP
Country
United States
Guitar Hero. I heard there was some talk of how Bobby Kotick wanted to bring that series back or something after the whole Microsoft - Activision acquisition. I want it to go back to the claysick GRYOB 5-fret roots, with no micro-transactions or a battle pass or something dumb like that. And an actual good setlist; no trying to play dubstep on a guitar. (Thanks, GHLive)

Reactions: bonkmaykr

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
we need a new timesplitters
While I was never a fan of the franchise (just one of those games that on paper I should like but reality says no) there have been some notable events on it in the last few years you might have missed
https://gbatemp.net/threads/deep-silver-announces-plans-for-new-timesplitters-game.588726/
https://www.engadget.com/timesplitters-new-game-free-radical-design-deep-silver-141535072.html
https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-4k...found-inside-homefront-the-revolution.586699/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be 100% honest, Megaman Battle Network. I'd kill to have some type of remake or port.
In case you missed it or someone else reading missed it then the previously Japan only Rockman EXE (the Japanese name for battle network) 4.5 game on the GBA got translated in late 2020
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5114/
It it is a bit of a different game to the whole numbered battle network titles, though if you burned out on 3 through 6 (one of my favourite review scores for a later BN title ran something to the effect of "8/10 but take a point for every previous BN game you played" and to be fair they were not wrong, though for me now it has probably been long enough to be fresh again) then might actually be enough of a tweak to note it.

Also traditional question at this point. Star Force on the DS (something of a spiritual successor) is by no means a perfect drop in replacement but is there something that turns you off from it?
Related to that is also https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5979/
the readme said:
MEGA MAN STAR FORCE DX
Version 1.2.2
26 February 2022

Official discussion topic:
https://forums.therockmanexezone.com/mega-man-star-force-dx-t16546.html

INTRODUCTION

Mega Man Star Force DX is a mod for Mega Man Star Force 1 that completely
modernizes the game. It includes many new features, changes and tweaks
throughout the entire game that bring the game up to speed with MMSF2 and MMSF3.
This mod aims to create more gameplay depth and replayability, unify all three
versions of the game, reduce the reliance on multiplayer, and much more.

FEATURES

* The font has been changed to that of MMSF2/MMSF3, with all text in the game
updated to make use of it.
* Star Cards have been added - these replicate the effects of the
Japan-exclusive Wave Scanner peripheral.
* All touch screen inputs and minigames can now be done with just the buttons.
* A new difficulty setting, Legend Mode, has been added.
* There are now two save slots, and saving speed has been increased.
* The Lunar Knights crossover scenario, Brother Band and Battle Cards have
been restored from the Japanese versions. Lunar Knights Brother Bands can
be obtained in single player.
* You can now obtain Power Up data, which was originally obtained from the
Japan-exclusive Wave Scanner peripheral.
* All three Star Force transformations can be obtained in a single game, and
have received unique new abilities to set them apart from each other.
* All version-exclusive Satellite admin bosses can be fought.
* All version-exclusive Giga Class cards can be obtained.
* New side quests have been added, and you can now take on multiple at once.
* A new EM Database feature allows you to track the battle data and location
of all viruses and bosses.
* The event-exclusive Andromeda card and Legendary Master Shin Brother Band
can now be obtained in the game.

And much more! For the full list of changes, see: "All Changes (SPOILERS!).txt"
For all Legend Mode enemy changes, see: "Legend Mode enemies (SPOILERS!).txt"

lj_reflet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you missed it or someone else reading missed it then the previously Japan only Rockman EXE (the Japanese name for battle network) 4.5 game on the GBA got translated in late 2020

It it is a bit of a different game to the whole numbered battle network titles, though if you burned out on 3 through 6 (one of my favourite review scores for a later BN title ran something to the effect of "8/10 but take a point for every previous BN game you played" and to be fair they were not wrong, though for me now it has probably been long enough to be fresh again) then might actually be enough of a tweak to note it.
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know ! I was completely unaware. I've gotta check this out sometime !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1