Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:
But in the context of the thread (well, people being silly aside) a hero is just someone you look up to, admire, and/or even just have a great deal of respect for.

I know, that's what I was talking about and still no one. TBH, anyone that hangs around a site that's all about video games, and a majority of "modders" with the population, shouldn't be considered a hero by anyone. Yes, that includes me, not that anyone has listed me yet.

k.
You're my hero now.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:
But in the context of the thread (well, people being silly aside) a hero is just someone you look up to, admire, and/or even just have a great deal of respect for.

I know, that's what I was talking about and still no one. TBH, anyone that hangs around a site that's all about video games, and a majority of "modders" with the population, shouldn't be considered a hero by anyone. Yes, that includes me, not that anyone has listed me yet.

k.
You're my hero now.

Paradoxes like that make my head explode. Seriously, I truly think no one on this site should be considered a hero, given what this site is all about. I mean no offense, as I'm on this site regularly.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:

k.
You're my hero now.

Paradoxes like that make my head explode. Seriously, I truly think no one on this site should be considered a hero, given what this site is all about. I mean no offense, as I'm on this site regularly.
That's a silly argument.
What if it's a person you know personally or even in real life that you consider a hero? Literally or figuratively.
And then they also happen to frequent this forum?
Should you no longer consider them a hero?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:
Xuphor said:
Hells Malice said:

k.
You're my hero now.

Well it's more about "who you respect most" than "who's your hero". If it were the latter I would say no one.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
That's a silly argument.
What if it's a person you know personally or even in real life that you consider a hero? Literally or figuratively.

Given the context of the OP, that's NOT what they are asking, they are only refering to people they don't know RL on GBATemp.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xuphor said:
Zarcon said:
That's a silly argument.

Given the context of the OP, that's NOT what they are asking, they are only refering to people they don't know RL on GBATemp.
Still, that's silly reasoning.

It's not like people only talk about games or hacking/modding here.
And a lot of people talk to GBAtemp members outside of GBAtemp too, whether it be on other sites or via IM or even voice chat or actual phone calls.

What if someone talks them out of suicide or helps them through a tough time?
Are they not allowed to consider that person a hero just because they haven't met in real life?

And what if one day they meet up and all they say is "hello" to each other?
Is that person suddenly a valid hero just because they physically met up?

Respect/admiration is earned through action, regardless of whether you know the person in real life.

Heck, there's an actual news story about this kind of thing, though it's rather old...I can't find it since I don't remember the details, but while searching it up I found other examples.

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-09-21/tech/be...rses?_s=PM:TECH
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...hers-photo.html
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jan/...-to-the-rescue/

Lives literally saved by random people online they've never met.
And that last one was from the guy asking for help in a game's chat.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of my heroes are ones that are banned or only post once in a blue moon. Most of the friends i try to make here end up getting banned or rise to power and forget about me cause everyone else is stroking their Epeens for them. However.

BoneMonkey-old and banned in 08 i think. He was hilarious.
Overlord Nadrian-we actually started to be pretty good friends and now i dont see him even on facebook much.
Hadrian/Gaydrian-favorite mod

VVolts,Westside These two dont post much anymore but i still look for their names of the board

NeSchn-dude makes some kick ass music and does it for fun, besides hes friendly.
FAST# Super intelligent. When i see a FAST post, i stop what im doing, whatever thread im reading, because i know im gonna learn something.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
BortzANATOR said:
Overlord Nadrian-we actually started to be pretty good friends and now i dont see him even on facebook much.

Yeah... poopyhead thinks facebook sucks now and deactivated his account or something and went to google+ or something... :/

You can still always find him on ds-scene though. But ds-scene sucks or something, so yeah.

Sorry for being offtopic.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Jack or something. He was the guy who's sig was "I am Jack's wasted bandwidth."

Cool dude. Wrote a short story that I really enjoyed. More an autobiography.

Shinji brought me here so thanks. Linkiboy was pretty cool too. [/M/]artin is pretty dope anda good doodler

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
exangel said:
2nd was Cyan for flattering me in the member pics thread and occasionally saying sincerely helpful things in random threads that i had also posted in. also for making me want to play FF4 (gba version!) every time i see his avatar.
Oh, you remembered
tongue.gif

I'm usually not flattering people just to flat them.
when I want to say something personal I often start writing a post then decide not to post it and delete it. (too shy to make direct compliment
tongue.gif
)
I only said what I thought about the actress, I'm glad you took it as a compliment and still remember it.
shy.gif

About my avatar, it's FF6 (or FF3 in USA).

You are the second person to mention me, thank you.

Also, I'll add Zarcon to my respected user list.
I didn't know you before becoming a moderator (sorry
shy.gif
), but since I'm reading your posts I think you have a great way of thinking. I have usually the same thoughts as you about many subjects.
You write and explain it well and have your own thoughts, not trying to copy or follow other user's decisions.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Amongst those who I truly respect here I can name:

Vulpes: Intelligent, honest, has balls, I can always rely on him.

Raul: Same as Vulpes, and I know he has my back.

AW: Hard working and admin material.

Cyan: One of the most impressive of the blues, I always enjoy his posts.

Depravo: An all round good fella. Makes me laugh a lot too.

Densetsu9000: Despite a horrendous workload at medical school he finds time to chip in more than some that are here every day. I wish he had the time to be around more.

GeekyGuy: I almost always agree with his perspective.

dice: Has balls when it matters, plus he makes me laugh.

Rayder: I just like him a lot.

Dave: When he isn't around something seems to be missing from the temp. Another one who I know has my back.

Chanser: GBAtemps biggest secret, a workhorse.

FAST6191: Too intelligent for this place.

granville: all round nice guy, I love him.

VatoLoco: Hit the ground running as soon as he was promoted, and never stopped.

Veho: Mod material. And funny as fuck.

I know this list is almost exclusively staff, but those are the people I interact with the most these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch