• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why ppl in the West are so racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Findings

• The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
  • There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
  • In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
  • In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
  • If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
  • In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
  • In 2015, a black person was 2.45 times more likely than a white person to be shot and killed by the police. A Hispanic person was 1.21 times more likely. These figures are well within what would be expected given race differences in crime rates and likelihood to resist arrest.
  • In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.
  • Both violent and non-violent crime has been declining in the United States since a high in 1993. 2015 saw a disturbing rise in murder in major American cities that some observers associated with “depolicing” in response to intense media and public scrutiny of police activity.
So basically conformation bias, race realism website sources, white nationalist talking points, "crime genes", IQ "truths", ect? Wow. You really do the white race proud.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still change my mind on racial crime rates . . . just give me proof from a website without a clear bias in favor of white people (. . . shit the address bar may as well said "clan news network")

and you want people to believe you are not racist?
Here is a link that shows some statistics - https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/07/charleston-shooting-obama-race-crime/

So basically conformation bias, race realism website sources, white nationalist talking points, "crime genes", IQ "truths", ect? Wow. You really do the white race proud.
Okay. c:

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another clearly agenda driven, white nationalist site? Seriously? You might as well start getting crap from /pol/
https://www.nationalreview.com/ "Leading conservative magazine and website covering news, politics, current events, and culture with detailed analysis and commentary."

LUL. You guys know you can trust the site when they have such stunning articles like:

"The Liberal Arts Weren’t Murdered — They Committed Suicide - "https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/liberal-arts-education-politicized-humanities/"
Because, as we all know the liberal arts didn't just die, they were murdered.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another clearly agenda driven, white nationalist site? Seriously? You might as well start getting crap from /pol/
https://www.nationalreview.com/ "Leading conservative magazine and website covering news, politics, current events, and culture with detailed analysis and commentary."
It is not a white nationalist site. Every statistic that shows whites in a good light to you will be considered some sort of agenda. I'm not saying that we are some magical peeps because we are not at all but some races are more likely to do certain things and to build certain societies.

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn this thread just keeps going. Thought it would've died pages ago.

Last edited by Kallus,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who claim they are not racist and that every race is equal should ask a their own doctors why they base certain treatment plans based on race or ethnic heritage and also why their own government and social institutions ask for your race and base they way they treat you based on that statistic. People should also ask why it's okay for black people to discriminate against me because I'm white based solely on what someone who was white did 70 years ago to people who are not currently victims of that certain person. Pointing out that certain races tend to commit more crimes is racist, however, your own government collects these statistics. These are the same people telling you they are not racist. Using this data to discriminate against others or to prove that another race is "worse" then your own is also racist. Hell, drinking White milk is considered to be racist. I realize that the world is based around treating people differently based on various factors that include race. My problem is when another group denies me services, tries to control me, slanders me or abuses me based on that fact. I live in the inner-city and there are equal proportions of White, African American and Hispanics living together and most of them tend to congregate with their own race and trust me I have seen my fair share of racism from all three groups.

Reactions: PanTheFaun

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who claim they are not racist and that every race is equal should ask a their own doctors why they base certain treatment plans based on race or ethnic heritage and also why their own government and social institutions ask for your race and base they way they treat you based on that statistic. People should also ask why it's okay for black people to discriminate against me because I'm white based solely on what someone who was white did 70 years ago to people who are not currently victims of that certain person. Pointing out that certain races tend to commit more crimes is racist, however, your own government collects these statistics. These are the same people telling you they are not racist. Using this data to discriminate against others or to prove that another race is "worse" then your own is also racist. Hell, drinking White milk is considered to be racist. I realize that the world is based around treating people differently based on various factors that include race. My problem is when another group denies me services, tries to control me, slanders me or abuses me based on that fact. I live in the inner-city and there are equal proportions of White, African American and Hispanics living together and most of them tend to congregate with their own race and trust me I have seen my fair share of racism from all three groups.
Stop spamming this in every thread. It's a stupid copypasta at this point. Nobody cares about milk, the "statistics" don't prove your crime gene bull, groups don't deny you service, abuse you, or anything of the sort. Sorry white men. You are not oppressed, nor have you ever been.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop spamming this in every thread. It's a stupid copypasta at this point. Nobody cares about milk, the "statistics" don't prove your crime gene bull, groups don't deny you service, abuse you, or anything of the sort. Sorry white men. You are not oppressed.

I have been denied services or received different services based on my color. In my youth I have been physically abused by others based on my race. Currently, I am discriminated against and slandered and generally treated as someone worth less by certain groups due to the fact that I am white. I am currently being blamed for something someone did 70 years ago that I have no relation to. Currently, it is deemed racist to drink white milk. Currently, if I stand up for myself or defend myself against such blatant racism I am labeled a "bigot" and should further be treated as such due to the fact that I do not agree with a certain minorities opinions.

Last edited by cots,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I disagree "white men" are the problem or anything like that, but sure cots post is nonsense. Let's say your statistic is flawed because there is a common factor you're ignoring that is the most probable cause for the results of the statistic.

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been denied services or received different services based on my color.
That's illegal "if it has happened" and sounds like something to take up with the authorities.

In my youth I have been physically abused by others based on my race
Bullying happens to everybody for every reason. People get bullied for having a big or small nose, being too skinny or fat, ect. My mother was bullied because she had SKINNY LEGS ffs.

Currently, I am discriminated against and slandered and generally treated as someone worth less by certain groups due to the fact that I am white.
NO, you are not.
I am currently being blamed for something someone did 70 years ago that I have no relation to.
Nobody blamed you for anything someone else did 70 years ago.
No, it isn't. I know these things are surprising to you... but get off of the internet you lunatic. Get off the internet, go outside, go to the store, buy a small bottle of milk, drink it at the park, and see if anyone calls you a racist. If they do then I will eat my words.

Reactions: VinsCool

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do know that conservative does not mean "white nationalist", right?

Reactions: PanTheFaun

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
European people were taken as slaves at some point. I fail to see how this means that white men are being oppressed or have been oppressed by themselves. You could make a case for the European "people" that were enslaved at that point in time. That's not a case for white men or how they are being oppressed today.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
European people were taken as slaves at some point. I fail to see how this means that white men are being oppressed or have been oppressed by themselves. You could make a case for the European "people" that were enslaved at that point in time. That's not a case for white men or how they are being oppressed today.
tumblr_nh7ge6tUY01sioa0ko1_500.jpg

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that conservative does not mean "white nationalist", right?
My point was that he used a white nationalist source before and was clearly cheery picking his sources and articles without providing context for his statistics. Conservatives and White nationalist while having a lot in common, and while mostly supporting the same people, do in fact have key differences when you look into them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Groups unique to black people exist in America because everything else is for whites. BET and most other things on that list exist for blacks because almost everything else is for white people by default.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point was that he used a white nationalist source before and was clearly cheery picking his sources and articles without providing context for his statistics. Conservatives and White nationalist while having a lot in common, and while mostly supporting the same people, do in fact have key differences when you look into them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Groups unique to black people exist in America because everything else is for whites. BET and most other things on that list exist for blacks because almost everything else is for white people by default.
Do you know how stupid that sounds? What groups do white people have that is exclusive to their race?

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's illegal "if it has happened" and sounds like something to take up with the authorities.

The government bases various services you receive or the way you are given those services based on your race. This is nothing new and in most cases is not illegal. I have been denied services, given different services and have received services in a less preferential order due to my race.

Bullying happens to everybody for every reason. People get bullied for having a big or small nose, being too skinny or fat, ect. My mother was bullied because she had SKINNY LEGS ffs.

So it was okay to break my nose because I was white due to the fact it happened in my youth and therefor it should be excluded from this conversation?

NO, you are not.

Yes it am.

Nobody blamed you for anything someone else did 70 years ago.

Certain political parties and minorities tell their own members and generally accept it as okay to blame and treat white people differently due to the fact that some of their ancestors were held as slaves. They tell them that they are victims and therefor should be treated differently and act differently due to their skin color. I have personally witnessed on various occasions these people blaming white people for their problems or that they are being treated differently by white people because they are "black" and had nothing to do with the fact that they were breaking the law or ignoring rules and regulations.

I am currently labeled as a "bigot" because I point out that I am the victim of racism and that I am white, but it is okay for other races to do the same thing because they are not white.

Last edited by cots,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, unless you mean you are tired too