GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried looking in the Mario Galaxy ISO to try and work out anything regarding the copy protection?
biggrin.gif

Friedslick6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, but I'm completely baffled by my setup. I have WiiED.exe, WiiSO.exe, libeay32.dll,
Key.bin (with the key array within), and a SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso in the
C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools directory. I even have the dll file needed installed and in the same
folder! I've opened command prompt, typed:

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by "Error: Can't open SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by "Error: Can't open C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Invalid argument: 'SUPER'"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Invalid argument: 'C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER'"

Dragging:

SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso onto WiiED.exe
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by The iso details, followed by "Please enter the key array". Upon entering the Key Array of EBE42A225E8593E4***(censored)***, the message returned is: "Started decrypting" followed around 15 minutes after by "Please enter the key array" thus looping in on itself.

I've looked in my C:\Documents and Settings\Username directory to find no bin files. I've also downloaded every Key.bin file I could find around the net and compared them in a hex editor to find them all to be the same. I've even deleted my whole setup except for the SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso and uninstalled the dll file, then downloaded my setup and reinstalled the dll file after shutting down my computer for a good 12 hours of rest.

Obviously, this has me quite angered, but I would like to continue persisting my task. If anyone on this big blue ball could send me an e-mail on pin-point detailed instructions, e-mail me their setup piece by piece or tell me something that I have missed, then please reply to this message.

Friedslick6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to .::5pYd3r::., I'm now getting iso details via command prompt. Here are the diagnostics.

Typing:

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe SUPERMARIOGALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by "Error: Can't open SUPERMARIOGALAXY.iso"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPERMARIOGALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by The iso details, followed by "Please enter the key array". Upon entering the Key Array of EBE42A225E8593E4***(censored)***, the message returned is: "Started decrypting" followed around 15 minutes after by "Please enter the key array" thus looping in on itself.

Dragging:

SUPERMARIOGALAXY.iso onto WiiED.exe

I'm glad that someone has replied. I cannot stress enough how much your help is needed at this time.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could it be possible when the No more heroes PAL version is released the data of the blood effects of the ntcs version could be replaced over the data of the pal iso?

That would be super!

Koekje

Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Friedslick6 said:
Excuse me, but I'm completely baffled by my setup. I have WiiED.exe, WiiSO.exe, libeay32.dll,
Key.bin (with the key array within), and a SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso in the
C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools directory. I even have the dll file needed installed and in the same
folder! I've opened command prompt, typed:

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by "Error: Can't open SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Key.bin not found switching to lite mode" followed by "Error: Can't open C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Invalid argument: 'SUPER'"

C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso
Message returned is: "Invalid argument: 'C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\SUPER'"

Dragging:

SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso onto WiiED.exe

I've looked in my C:\Documents and Settings\Username directory to find no bin files. I've also downloaded every Key.bin file I could find around the net and compared them in a hex editor to find them all to be the same. I've even deleted my whole setup except for the SUPER MARIO GALAXY.iso and uninstalled the dll file, then downloaded my setup and reinstalled the dll file after shutting down my computer for a good 12 hours of rest.

Obviously, this has me quite angered, but I would like to continue persisting my task. If anyone on this big blue ball could send me an e-mail on pin-point detailed instructions, e-mail me their setup piece by piece or tell me something that I have missed, then please reply to this message.
Easy solution found!
Try this in your case: C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiED.exe "SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"
smile.gif
After it created the BIN-files, do this: C:\WiiGames\WiiTools\WiiTools\WiiSO.exe "SUPER_MARIO_GALAXY.iso"
smile.gif
You were forgetting the "quotes"
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m