Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey ! I don't know if you're still around and making wii, but your thread so far have been the most useful to me ! There is so little documentation about themes ;-;
I'm pretty new to Wii homebrew etc, sorry if I sound like a noob
I wish to edit directly the main wii theme files ( I found your wii theme pack, but it don't include everything, like iirc channel texture can go up to 36 and here there is only 4. )
I saw in the mym.ini file the simg3014 up to simg3017. I believe I need to add more line, and increment the number "simg30XX", "my_TV_c_pX" and "frameXX.png" . After reading back the thead, it seems to be indeed the thing to do, but I also need to edit the base.ini ?

Is it the base file, the skin.ini file that can be find when extracting files from the .app file corresponding to our region ?
I also tried to look for files in there, but all I could find was random bunch of .png that just have a few pixels. How can it contain the original theme by iteself ?

Why is it needed to edit the base file by the way ?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there
yes you need to add the simg tags to your ini however you also need an edited brlan and brlyt file so the system will display the extra images

I have attached a mym that is just the 36 frames you have 2 options on how to use it

1) you can edit your base theme and add all the lines from this ini to your ini and add all the files to your base too

2) you can just edit the 36frame mym and then once you make a csm of you theme apply the 36frame mym to it by selecting your csm as the base app in thememii

please message me if you need more help
Post automatically merged:

Hey ! I don't know if you're still around and making wii, but your thread so far have been the most useful to me ! There is so little documentation about themes ;-;
I'm pretty new to Wii homebrew etc, sorry if I sound like a noob
I wish to edit directly the main wii theme files ( I found your wii theme pack, but it don't include everything, like iirc channel texture can go up to 36 and here there is only 4. )
I saw in the mym.ini file the simg3014 up to simg3017. I believe I need to add more line, and increment the number "simg30XX", "my_TV_c_pX" and "frameXX.png" . After reading back the thead, it seems to be indeed the thing to do, but I also need to edit the base.ini ?

Is it the base file, the skin.ini file that can be find when extracting files from the .app file corresponding to our region ?
I also tried to look for files in there, but all I could find was random bunch of .png that just have a few pixels. How can it contain the original theme by iteself ?

Why is it needed to edit the base file by the way ?
sorry forgot to hit reply

Attachments

• 36frame.rar
    613.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: SylverReZ

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi there
yes you need to add the simg tags to your ini however you also need an edited brlan and brlyt file so the system will display the extra images

I have attached a mym that is just the 36 frames you have 2 options on how to use it

1) you can edit your base theme and add all the lines from this ini to your ini and add all the files to your base too

2) you can just edit the 36frame mym and then once you make a csm of you theme apply the 36frame mym to it by selecting your csm as the base app in thememii

please message me if you need more help
Post automatically merged:

sorry forgot to hit reply
Sorry, how can a mym be edited ? I need to extract and read the ash file ? Is the ash file an other compressed file like the mym was ?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, how can a mym be edited ? I need to extract and read the ash file ? Is the ash file an other compressed file like the mym was ?
A mym file is just a renamed zip archive
you can just rename the file to .zip and then extract the contents
edit what you need to edit and zip it back up and rename back to .mym
I'm surprised that this thread is still going. :P
I have the thread marked as watched and always try my best to help anyone that wants to learn
As many have said documentation on themes is lacking

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the thread marked as watched and always try my best to help anyone that wants to learn
I'll try to work on one at some point in time.

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A mym file is just a renamed zip archive
you can just rename the file to .zip and then extract the contents
edit what you need to edit and zip it back up and rename back to .mym

Thank you
I tried to merge the files you gave me along with the theme I'm making, but only the four first frames are displayed
I dropped the .brlan and .brlyt along the other brlan and brlyt of my current theme, and edited the mym.ini to match the one you gave me
Is there something I may have missed ?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you
I tried to merge the files you gave me along with the theme I'm making, but only the four first frames are displayed
I dropped the .brlan and .brlyt along the other brlan and brlyt of my current theme, and edited the mym.ini to match the one you gave me
Is there something I may have missed ?
make sure you add the images in the main_menu\channels folder and the files in the brlyt folder
edit your ini and add all the simg tags and the sdta tags
the numbers on the tags should be fine ie: sdta3002 and should be good to just drop in to the ini
themes will only use the first apperance of a tag so say if you have 2 sdta3002 tags only the first one gets used i believe

if you still cant get it working pm me your mym and i will look at it for you in the morning and fix it up for you ;)

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
make sure you add the images in the main_menu\channels folder and the files in the brlyt folder
edit your ini and add all the simg tags and the sdta tags
the numbers on the tags should be fine ie: sdta3002 and should be good to just drop in to the ini
themes will only use the first apperance of a tag so say if you have 2 sdta3002 tags only the first one gets used i believe

if you still cant get it working pm me your mym and i will look at it for you in the morning and fix it up for you ;)
Ooh, so the sdta3002 may be the one reponsible for it. I'll try to keep only the new one, and I'll let you know how it works
What is sdta used for ?

Also, I couldn't find files for the main menu itself (background, foreground etc...) or multiple player controls (like the hand icon for P1, P2 etc)
Do you think theses files can be extracted from the 0000000X.app ?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooh, so the sdta3002 may be the one reponsible for it. I'll try to keep only the new one, and I'll let you know how it works
What is sdta used for ?

Also, I couldn't find files for the main menu itself (background, foreground etc...) or multiple player controls (like the hand icon for P1, P2 etc)
Do you think theses files can be extracted from the 0000000X.app ?
the files for the cursors are already in the Wii Theme Team Base Pack you just need to make a few edits to the ini to make it work
you need to create your 4 cursor images at a resolution of 64x64
then edit the simg8 simg9 simg10 simg11 source lines in the ini to point to your images

the main menu background is located at \main_menu\board\bg.png

what do you mean by foreground ??

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the files for the cursors are already in the Wii Theme Team Base Pack you just need to make a few edits to the ini to make it work
you need to create your 4 cursor images at a resolution of 64x64
then edit the simg8 simg9 simg10 simg11 source lines in the ini to point to your images

the main menu background is located at \main_menu\board\bg.png

what do you mean by foreground ??
1695994079049.png

Sorry, it don't know the term for it ^^'
I mean this thing , that is in front of the menu. I couldn't find a file looking like this
I'm surprised the bg is in fact fully white, I was looking for something with gray lines on it , I understand why I didn't find it x)

Edit : The sdta thing worked ! Thank you !!!! What did you do exactly in the new brlyt and new brlan ? Is there a way to read theses file , and change a value inside ?

Last edited by Miaku,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 396569
Sorry, it don't know the term for it ^^'
I mean this thing , that is in front of the menu. I couldn't find a file looking like this
I'm surprised the bg is in fact fully white, I was looking for something with gray lines on it , I understand why I didn't find it x)

Edit : The sdta thing worked ! Thank you !!!! What did you do exactly in the new brlyt and new brlan ? Is there a way to read theses file , and change a value inside ?
the bottom part with the date on it is the background ie: \main_menu\board\bg.png
the lined part behind the channels does not have a full image you can change like the background
you can change the colors of the lines there though by editing the brlyt files or use the Theme Brlyt Editor program i made to make doing the color edits much easier

yes there is a way to read the brlyt and brlan files there is a tool called benzin that can convert these files but its a lot to learn about how these files work
brlyt files control how and where items are on the screen and brlan files control how the items animate

Miaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the bottom part with the date on it is the background ie: \main_menu\board\bg.png
the lined part behind the channels does not have a full image you can change like the background
you can change the colors of the lines there though by editing the brlyt files or use the Theme Brlyt Editor program i made to make doing the color edits much easier

yes there is a way to read the brlyt and brlan files there is a tool called benzin that can convert these files but its a lot to learn about how these files work
brlyt files control how and where items are on the screen and brlan files control how the items animate
Thank you so much for your help ! I've been able to make most of my theme thanks to it ^^
Now I'm mainly curious about these brylt and brlan files. I'll try to install benzin and just read the ones from your base wii theme, see if I can understand a little ^^

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your help ! I've been able to make most of my theme thanks to it ^^
Now I'm mainly curious about these brylt and brlan files. I'll try to install benzin and just read the ones from your base wii theme, see if I can understand a little ^^
there is some documention on the files here

Reactions: scooby74029

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Credit: DJ D-CEPTICON (by Jornmann & Binksi)
Menu SYNTH Theme - 4-X_synthwiive_v4.mym
4.X NTSC

Attachments

• mqdefault_6s.jpg
    mqdefault_6s.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 4-X_synthwiive_v4.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY