• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Will you take the Coronavirus Vaccine?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,704
  • Replies 41
  • Likes 2

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The word 'vaccine' isn't really correct in this case - as generally one will render you immune from the disease. With covid19, it should be named a 'shot' rather like flu: like the flu (or the common cold) there is no cure for covid19, we're stuck with it now.

..Or so I'm told!!

I'm also told the 'vaccine' will be made presumably by Bill Gates own hands himself, will have the dna of aborted babies, will radically change your own dna, and also contains a microchip with the fukkin mark of the beast or something, and it you DON'T have it you'll be taken from your house and hung/drawn/quartered :lol:

I believe the first one of those 2 scenarios more than the 2nd one hehe, but then there's others of course that we've all heard! Which one is true? Are any of them true?!
Personally, if taking the 'vaccine' is pivotal in getting back to some form of normality, then sure I'll take it, as long as the government pays for the surgery should I wake up 3 months after with an extra finger or summat...

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the fact that I have a very weak immune system and my body takes forever to heal, I am definitely getting the vaccine. I've been surprisingly lucky that I haven't caught COVID yet but that's because I've been actively avoiding areas where outbreaks have been reported. I even switched full-time to a completely different store after finding out someone was reported to have caught COVID in the store I was originally working in. Regardless, it's still only a matter of time, and considering how many people I deal with on the daily basis, that risk is constantly higher than most. Plus there's the added bonus of people who believe wearing masks are "political" and refuse to wear one, which continues to increase the risk of others getting exposed. So in short, I am getting that shot because I don't want to die because some morons are spreading COVID.
You're a sensible person, Lilith! I wish more people were like you. We'd get out of this mess sooner, then.

Reactions: The Catboy

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The word 'vaccine' isn't really correct in this case - as generally one will render you immune from the disease. With covid19, it should be named a 'shot' rather like flu: like the flu (or the common cold) there is no cure for covid19, we're stuck with it now.

..Or so I'm told!!
I'm currently at the following information 'level'. Afair scandinavian study showed antibodies in the vast majority of people having been infected by Covid-19 after four months.

Then there are two singular cases I'm aware of of people having been infected by the virus twice after four months.

The Covid-19 vaccination is a vaccination, its just that your statement is wrong again. A vaccination doesnt work by giving you 'life long immunity' against an illness. (Think of TBE, or the annual flue shot.)

The way it works is as follows: By having 60% plus of your population having produced antibodies against a thing, propagation of a virus becomes linear, and then 'exponential' in the other direction (decline).
So the problem goes away gradually, and with more immunized people, faster and faster.

Issue, if the virus mutates enough (which it does naturally), you might need a new vaccine eventually.

The virus naturally mutating would also be what would have us 'live with it' long term (after vaccination). And then maybe change behavior patterns (have more people take the yearly flue shot).

If a virus gets 'entirely extinct' at least in parts of the world, depends on a few things (like how easily it spreads, how heavily people are affected (if you lie on the floor, you arent spreading the virus arround much anymore..)... Coronaviruses are not a good candidate for 'getting extinct', as they are pretty contageous, and people arent collapsing from them right away.

A vaccine still remains a vaccine. (Has the function to produce antibodies in your body for a mute threat, that then get produced faster, when the real threat hits.) Life long immunity or not.

You cant say a vaccine is a 'bad one' or doenst work, if the virus mutated and isnt stopped by the same antibodies anymore.

For all the wrong information you are spreading, you are still pretty confident in your personal truth. We have to work on that.. ;)

edit:

Here is the study I was referring to:

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...for-at-least-four-months-after-recovery-67907
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...id-19-antibodies-last-at-least-4-months-study
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2026116?query=featured_coronavirus

Last edited by notimp,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For all the wrong information you are spreading, you are still pretty confident in your personal truth. We have to work on that.. ;)

edit:

Here is the study I was referring to:

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...for-at-least-four-months-after-recovery-67907
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...id-19-antibodies-last-at-least-4-months-study
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2026116?query=featured_coronavirus
It would appear you missed the '..Or so I'm told!!' part of my post, and the joke about how I'd believe that more than the Bill Gates mark of the beast one I posted further down?? :wink:. Fact is, as I was trying to point out in that first part, that 'one thinks the word vaccine as an immunity' is the mentality people usually have, when the actual fact is the the 'flu jab', or 'flu shot' is a vaccine itself, just not called one for these obvious reasons :lol: (you're a bit thick aren't you... but oh well!)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As mentioned in the other thread : yes. And I'm glad I live in a country that understands that vaccines aren't a personal choice but a societal one. As in : the importance stretches far beyond 'just' or own health.

Personally, I won't. I simply don't trust vaccines or drugs in general so I try to only use as little as possible. It's not good to get addicted to drugs as everyone knows.
... But you apparently do trust pseudo-scientists who claim that you can get addicted to vaccines?
Plus, I'm healthy so I don't want to risk being affected (mentally or physically) by a drug (side effects).
The idea of a vaccine is that you should be healthy, exactly to minimize possible side effects. These things are made so a normal human being's immune system learns how to deal with this sort of threat.

Anyhow... If you're serious about your opinion (goes for others as well, obviously), at the very least read up on why vaccine shots for measles are a thing. Last year the US had a huge amount of them, despite the disease being 100% preventable with vaccines.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Anyhow... If you're serious about your opinion (goes for others as well, obviously), at the very least read up on why vaccine shots for measles are a thing. Last year the US had a huge amount of them, despite the disease being 100% preventable with vaccines.
Over 99% of people who recieve two doses of the MMR vaccine become immune to measles. The success rate is not quite 100% and in very rare cases vaccinated people will catch measles.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/meas.html#vaccines
Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/vaccinated-people-catch-measles/story?id=28631939

deficitdisorder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming there vaccine was allowed to complete thr trails needed to be verified its safe i don't see why not. Id be skeptical of one rushed by the FDA during a trump administration though

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A delayed vaccine is eventually good, but a rushed vaccine is bad forever" - Dr. Shigeru Miyamoto
I agree with this, which is why I won't be taking it until a few years after it's out, but I want it out ASAP so that I don't have to tear off my ears just to leave the house.

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as soon as it comes out, needs to be safe first. I like wearing masks in public anyway, for privacy and because I just don't like people looking at me. Mine cover everything but the eyes. Got the flu shot about two weeks ago, as always. No problems.

Last edited by rsx,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not as soon as it comes out, needs to be safe first. I like wearing masks in public anyway, for privacy and because I just don't like people looking at me. Mine cover everything but the eyes. Got the flu shot about two weeks ago, as always. No problems.
Like the vaccines we have now are safe... wait all you want..

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you want a percentage value I believe about 3% of people wont take the vaccine according to recent surveys, and thats fine. :) (I cant quite remember if the poll was done in germany or the US, but I believe it was done in germany)

Also dont feel rushed to take it, if that makes you feel anxious. Chances are, that the rollout will take several months anyhow.

edit: It was Germany, here are US polls:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/317018/one-three-americans-not-covid-vaccine.aspx

and
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ake-vaccine-right-away-poll-shows/5696982002/

As long as 60-70% of your population are vaccinated, you get the desired effect (herd immunity) - so, even thats 'fine'.
3% LOL what fantasy land are you living in
i would venture to say about 40% will take if they are extremely lucky

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the vast majority of Americans are not anti-vaxxers.
"anti-vaxxer" = media contrived buzzword

it has nothing to do with it nobody is going to take a rushed vaccine that is for starters
also a hell of a lot more people are "anti-vaxxers" than 3%

so many people i talk to tell me "the virus will go away in November" "it's a scheme to "get Trump"
i would say the country is divided but it's not jut the US
people are divided and not just in US people are holding Q and trump signs in Germany too

Trump will win with at least 60% of the vote calling it now
and people who will not take the vax will be about the same %
not saying the two will be related but it will be bout a 60/40 split none the less ,maybe even more will not take it perhaps 70%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1