Wood R4 v1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

alucardvash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah sorry to be a noob but im trying to update my friends r4 card. he has an r4 revolution for ds, the one that has the big r4 with the i in a circle. lol again sorry to be a true noob but this is my first post. so i put the files on the card and when i turn it on it has ? menu on the top screen. also he has a dslite not dsi. i have poured through several topics and havent found a clear cut answer yet any ideas?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I've figured out how to set the game icon's to show in different ways.

Go to:

Start -> Settings -> Interface Settings

Then you will see:

"Filelist Style"

In the box next to it, if you change it to Old School it will be set to show text only, and if you change it to another setting it will set it to icon and text, etc.

It saves the preference so you don't need to press select to change it every time!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhetralla said:
1.05 released

Awesome
biggrin.gif

'Been waiting for Soft Reset.

Orel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Freudian Lemur - Because I didn't look there, I go straight to the forums xD
Anyway, something's really weird with my MicroSD card. When I insert it in the computer and try to create a file/drag a file in it, it says unable to create it or something like that, so now I have to do it in a folder, which it does accept for some reason. Maybe that's why my R4 can't create the .cc file on it's own..
This suddenly happend, it wasn't like this before. I reseted the computer a few times..

HitoriRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I don't know if it's been asked before, but what is the ROOT of the microSD? I found SYSTEM but I'm not sure if that's the same. I don't want to mess up my card if it is a clone, but it looks just like the one in the picture, so I assume it is. But yeah, want to know if they're the same. Thanks guys.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
HitoriRaven said:
So, I don't know if it's been asked before, but what is the ROOT of the microSD? I found SYSTEM but I'm not sure if that's the same. I don't want to mess up my card if it is a clone, but it looks just like the one in the picture, so I assume it is. But yeah, want to know if they're the same. Thanks guys.
When you open the SD card you can see all your folder and all right? Well THAT first screen is called the root.

HitoriRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks , I probably would've put it in the wrong place!
That's good to know though, now I can proceed with the fixing.
Thanks again!

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Yay!! a new firmware for my crappy R4!!!!!
gbasp.gif
rock on!!
but i will not download this ill just wait for more updates and findings.
because it might corrupt my nds games and files like the Yasu software YSMENU
cant wait for a perfect one..
yaywii.gif

noodle976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orel said:
It can't possibly corrupt your NDS files, look at all of us happy ones :3
On YSMenu, I was unable to download warioware DIY games from the ninsoft store. With Wood, I can. It also corrupted my comic, music, and game data 3:
and DSOrganize doesn't work, but I have more snemulds compatibility for no raisin.

Orel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
What the hell?
I used a clean Warioware DIY rom today and I downloaded games from the ninsoft store and it works perfectly.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noodle976 said:
Orel said:
It can't possibly corrupt your NDS files, look at all of us happy ones :3
On YSMenu, I was unable to download warioware DIY games from the ninsoft store. With Wood, I can. It also corrupted my comic, music, and game data 3:
and DSOrganize doesn't work, but I have more snemulds compatibility for no raisin.

On my YSMenu, i could DL from ninsoft store. using wood, i still can and i lost my music/comics, but not my games.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to upgrade my old R4 to this for my sister. So far, it's working great, however, once upgrading to this, my sisters old saves can no longer be used. Is there a way to bring those back?

Katosen27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenRK said:
I'm trying to upgrade my old R4 to this for my sister. So far, it's working great, however, once upgrading to this, my sisters old saves can no longer be used. Is there a way to bring those back?

You have to change the name of the file.

Example:

Random Save.SAV has to be renamed to

Random Save.nds.SAV

Then the save's will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!