GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Must resist the urge to write an essay.

No.

Surgery without any medical indication is a big no-no as such. Doing it on a child, perhaps a baby unable to express a well-founded opinion is cruel.
I&S-Land.jpg

@x65943 There is no chance I can compete with you on the medical sector, you being a fully educated doctor, and I being a layperson. I do know of studies attributing certain positive effects – but have seen adverse opinions from the medical side as well.
Looking at the development in hygienic standards and in possibilities of medicine, I don't see any justification for this as prophylactic operations on healthy boys.

The topic is aggravating for me, because of the laws in my home country Germany. Unneeded pain and bodily harm may be done to a helpless baby because of religion being weighted higher. Pfui!

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the first place, This would mean I would had to have sex with a girl. Yuuuuuuck ! :(

And in the second place, I couldn't bare bare to know that they cut on the baby.

I had no choice as far as me. :sad:

Harry579Clark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What good is a personal opinion that's not based in objective fact?

On that note, why is this question being asked on a video game message board?
Well first of all it was not me who asked the question.
Secondly, I do not impose my personal opinion, and it is based on facts from my personal life and a trip to the doctor.
Well and thirdly this is purely hypothetical, I did not mean to say that I 100% will do it with my son, I'm not sure that I will have children.

Reactions: AncientBoi

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my most painful (if not the most painful) memories is me being pushed to the operation room to get me circumcised. I was 3 years old, i remember laying down on my back, with nurses holding my hands & legs in place, and was terrified when he held the scissors, i cried & screamed to high heaven..
I remember spending the next 2 or 3 days with nonstop crying.. That should tell you all you need to know about whether im going to put my future son through this horrible, trauma-inducing, nonsensical tradition.

RonaldG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although that’s super interesting and something I will take into consideration. I do think that’s not a good reason to do it to newborns. I think it should be something someone should be allowed to consent into, as it’s something you can’t consent out of when done.
Circumcision causes physical, sexual, and psychological harms. It removes a natural, healthy, functioning body part that contributes significantly to sexual pleasure to the future man and his partner. No national medical organization in the world recommends elective non-therapeutic circumcision. A dozen such organizations oppose it. Male circumcision continues because it is a trauma. Psychologists know and research confirms that traumatized people have a compulsion to repeat their traumas on their children. This is why, for example, adults that were abused as children are more likely to abuse their children. Traumas inflicted two thousand years ago and today are similarly traumatic. Health claims are excuses to defend traumas. Aside from American, Muslims, and Jews, less than 5% of the world circumcises males. For more information see circumcision dot org. The WHO circumcision "expert" has a conflict of interest. He sells his own type of circumcision device.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I know it's an American oddity, but it's very normalized here and it does have some health benefits (lower risk of std transmission)

So what are your thoughts on circumcision?
Just teach them basic hygiene and that they should use a condom when old enough.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm cut but considering all the pushback online about circumcision in the past ~5 years there'll probably be papers that'll come out like 5-10 years from now saying why it's a bad idea. Also I know of at least 1 famous internet personality right now that has a terrible time due to his botched circumcision

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Circumcision causes physical, sexual, and psychological harms. It removes a natural, healthy, functioning body part that contributes significantly to sexual pleasure to the future man and his partner. No national medical organization in the world recommends elective non-therapeutic circumcision. A dozen such organizations oppose it. Male circumcision continues because it is a trauma. Psychologists know and research confirms that traumatized people have a compulsion to repeat their traumas on their children. This is why, for example, adults that were abused as children are more likely to abuse their children. Traumas inflicted two thousand years ago and today are similarly traumatic. Health claims are excuses to defend traumas. Aside from American, Muslims, and Jews, less than 5% of the world circumcises males. For more information see circumcision dot org. The WHO circumcision "expert" has a conflict of interest. He sells his own type of circumcision device.
Not quite sure why you quoted me since you are preaching to the choir. This knowledge is why I believe that one should require give full consent and be informed of risks. I don’t believe in stopping people from doing whatever they want with their bodies, so long as they are informed and consenting

Harry579Clark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, genital mutilation as a practice for children should be banned. It's fine if someone decides to do it once they're of age but it is not something that should be forced upon children by their parents or anyone else.
I completely agree that no one should be forced to do anything, neither children nor adults.
I would explain to my child (if I have one) what it is for and why, when the child is educated from an early age and his parents explain everything to him, there will be no problems then.
And if he does not want this is normal or if he wants to not get sick, this is also normal).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And if he does not want this is normal or if he wants to not get sick, this is also normal).
I am picturing this conversation and find it very disturbing, "You don't have to do this, but you're going to get sick if you don't! You don't want to get sick, do you?"

Or would you wait for the child to get old enough to establish his own "personal opinion" regarding the available medical evidence?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have viewed enough adult content in my life to be able to determine a major difference in the aesthetic value of a penor (not that I am a fan of the man gland), and I simply wouldn't want to subject any woman to smegma and a very unappealing flap of unnecessary skin.

Most girls I've ever been with were not too stoked on their exes who weren't already cut, and I think they would know what they're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.