Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there going to be any games that actually run natively in 4k or are they all just going to be upresed 1080? Cause they're pushing the 4k thing really hard but I find it hard to believe it can truly run 4k games at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there going to be any games that actually run natively in 4k or are they all just going to be upresed 1080? Cause they're pushing the 4k thing really hard but I find it hard to believe it can truly run 4k games at a reasonable price.
Well they haven't yet told us the price, either.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sports games and racing games sure anything other than that dont expect native 4k

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, i own a PS4 and i think Sony rocks.
And that's great. You can think of them however you would like. I am simply expressing that as a company, Sony has made several decisions that make me as well as numerous other people hostile towards them. An example would be raising the Price of PSN for no particular reason.

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liquid Cooled? Wasnt the huge disadvantage of liquid cooling that you had the replace the liquid every X years? Else it would start to grow algae/seeweed/plancton (whatever the english word was) Also, isnt this even more dangerous than dust settling on normal heatsinks/fans?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Liquid Cooled? Wasnt the huge disadvantage of liquid cooling that you had the replace the liquid every X years? Else it would start to grow algae/seeweed/plancton (whatever the english word was) Also, isnt this even more dangerous than dust settling on normal heatsinks/fans?

This is true hopefully he mis spoke

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Life is Strange 2!!! sweet!!!

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like Microsoft consoles exclusively have shooters. I know this isn't fully true but they need to diverse more. That's why i never got an Xbox one

Complete list of XB1 exclusives (not including E3 2017 announcements) Note: This list does NOT include D/L only exclusives. Also it includes JPN games as well.

Source: http://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one/

Not yet released
  • Crackdown 3 (Microsoft)
  • [Pending] Mystereet F: The Detectives’ Curtain Call (5pb.)
  • [Pending] Natsuki Chronicle (Qute)
  • Sea of Thieves (Microsoft)
  • State of Decay 2 (Microsoft)
  • [Pending] Shooting Love Trilogy (Triangle Service)
  • [Pending] Yomi wo Saku Hana (Experience)
Released
  • [Import] Azito x Tatsunoko Legends (Hamster)
  • [Import] Chaos;Child (5pb.)
  • Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
  • Dead Rising 4 (Microsoft)
  • Fantasia: Music Evolved (Disney Interactive)
  • Fighter Within (Ubisoft)
  • Forza Horizon 2 (Microsoft)
  • Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Microsoft)
  • Gears of War 4 (Microsoft)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Microsoft)
  • Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)
  • Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft)
  • Kinect Sports Rivals (Microsoft)
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
  • Powerstar Golf (Microsoft)
  • Project Spark (Microsoft)
  • [Import] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (5pb.)
  • Quantum Break (Microsoft)
  • Rare Replay (Microsoft)
  • ReCore (Microsoft)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
  • ScreamRide (Microsoft)
  • Shape Up (Ubisoft)
  • State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition (Microsoft)
  • Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft)
  • Titanfall (EA)
  • Zoo Tycoon (Microsoft)
Compared to Sony's exclusives for PS4 this is quite pitiful. For transparency I own both PS4 & XB1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not referring to who is doing well, i'm referring to business practices and what not.
I own a PS4 and ill openly admit that Sony Sucks.

Sony is doing very well with me right now, honestly with their release practices recently they are virtually allowing anyone to publish for the PS4 which is almost overwhelming to me, almost too many games to get (well not almost, it is actually) hard to keep up with.

PS4 is on par to have as many games and as diverse a software catalog as PS2 and that's saying something.

MS had better have some heavy hitters in that lineup of the exclusives they are touting this year, otherwise I will be disappointed (yet again). Crackdown 3 and Cuphead are the only 2 games I'm anticipating on XB1 this year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ