Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was mediocre at best. It's going to be really hard for people to justify getting the Xbone X over the PS4 Pro when it costs $100 more and doesn't have a single system seller, or 'killer app' if you will. I don't get why Microsoft seems to be so unwilling to invest in first party games. It's baffling honestly. You're not going to sell consoles when your games are already on other platforms that sell better.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was mediocre at best. It's going to be really hard for people to justify getting the Xbone X over the PS4 Pro when it costs $100 more and doesn't have a single system seller, or 'killer app' if you will. I don't get why Microsoft seems to be so unwilling to invest in first party games. It's baffling honestly. You're not going to sell consoles when your games are already on other platforms that sell better.
They are to busy porting all their "Exclusives" to the PC to even bother with it. :creep:

Reactions: Treeko
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Thank god for Bandai Namco doing the right thing and taking Dragon Ball back to its roots! :)

The Xbox One X enhanced version should look even better but will get it on PS4 because it has the catalogue of games I'm interested.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Native 4k over upscaled... For one...

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have just called it "Xbox X" and scrap the "One" part.
Yeah, they're already drifting very far away from the original Xbox One. Either Xbox X or the code name could've been kept and it would be the Xbox Scorpio. The only problem I see with the Xbox X name is people thinking it's a next generation console, and not an improved version of a console made four years ago, but then again it's still better then Xbox One X.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
finaly original xbox games being supported, i just hope its much better than the crappy xbox original game support on the 360, and i hope they add them all and dont go around adding only afew every month like xbox 360 ...

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I doubt this
I mean i guess we will see, but for Microsoft to make their Xbox one games in 4k for the specific small portion of their market who has a one x is already a lot of work for a console that may very well sell like shit, and a gaming pc at this price wouldn't be able to run 4k 60 fps on any modern AAA games. Thats like, what, a $200 gpu and $200 cpu, and some more for the other parts? Not gonna get 4k 60 on an rx480.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

You think having a game available on more than 1 platform is a bad thing then? You think anti-consumer practices are worthy of praise?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the name One X reminded me of some one plus phone, i think one of them is called one x XD

about the console, i have to say it seems to be very powerful, but i always end up never buying any MS consoles.
it will depend on the exclusive titles for this one i guess.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too expensive to justify an upgrade considering there are no interesting games.
Nothing really interesting to justify the change.
I can play Forza Horizon 3 with HDR at 1080p as it is on the XB1S, sure it would look better on 4K, but it needs more interesting games to justify the upgrade.

PS: The problem is not the price, but that you don't get enough in return in the form of interesting games.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too expensive to justify an upgrade considering there are no interesting games.
Nothing really interesting to justify the change.
I can play Forza Horizon 3 with HDR at 1080p as it is on the XB1S, sure it would look better on 4K, but it needs more interesting games to justify the upgrade.

PS: The problem is not the price, but that you don't get enough in return in the form of interesting games.
Exactly. Especially for existing Xbox One/S owners. They certainly aren't going to pay $500 for a whole other console. And the fact that it's $100 more then the Xbox One's original launch price makes it worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1