• Views 17,686
  • Replies 218

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You do not have a right to extort money out of me for a pattern of words/bits/colors. You cannot own an idea.

What you are advocating is using violence against me if I copy a sequence of bits, in my own house, with my own property. That affects no one and does not take the sequence of bits away from the original author.
Ok. Also. Fricking stop calling bits bits. There is way much more to the sequence then "bits" get your frickin facts straight before you shove it up the butthole of others. Also lady, I'm not frickin commiting an act of violence! You fricking sound like I just raped you by spending time on something and I don't want frickinh idiots like you coming around taking it without paying! What now? You wanna own my laptop? I will comment here though that copyright laws are broken, But I think you're comming from a service's standpoint, like youtube. Which, yeah it's broken. But the idea of copyright is not. It's there to protect someones work. Also you can fricking own the thing too. JUST PAY/PIRATE IT! Also yeah it doesn't take any thing away. But I can copy the frickinh SAM & SYSTEM file off a computer and they wouldn't know. Yet that data can crack a users password! But hey he NEVER FRICKING OWNED it! By your logic we fricking own anything and everything! So you know what! I own the NSA and the .gov extension! Oh yeah and let's not forget every celebertie sextape! CAUSE THOSE STRINGS OF BITS ARE USELESS. ITS NOT LIKE THEY HAVE INFINITE COMBINATIONS THAT CAN RESULT IN YOUR FRICKING CREDIT CARD NUMBER. Ah, no I'm just a fricking woman that sharppied a name into my hand thinking that no one would think I would be a "real grill" and they don't matter, I have no idea of the rights of privacy or any ownership ideas because I'm like fricking 15 getting into politics even though I can't vote and I use tumblr all day to rant about this Bull Crap

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
upload_2016-6-11_8-21-21.png

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Also. Fricking stop calling bits bits. There is way much more to the sequence then "bits" get your frickin facts straight before you shove it up the butthole of others. Also lady, I'm not frickin commiting an act of violence! You fricking sound like I just raped you by spending time on something and I don't want frickinh idiots like you coming around taking it without paying! What now? You wanna own my laptop? I will comment here though that copyright laws are broken, But I think you're comming from a service's standpoint, like youtube. Which, yeah it's broken. But the idea of copyright is not. It's there to protect someones work. Also you can fricking own the thing too. JUST PAY/PIRATE IT! Also yeah it doesn't take any thing away. But I can copy the frickinh SAM & SYSTEM file off a computer and they wouldn't know. Yet that data can crack a users password! But hey he NEVER FRICKING OWNED it! By your logic we fricking own anything and everything! So you know what! I own the NSA and the .gov extension! Oh yeah and let's not forget every celebertie sextape! CAUSE THOSE STRINGS OF BITS ARE USELESS. ITS NOT LIKE THEY HAVE INFINITE COMBINATIONS THAT CAN RESULT IN YOUR FRICKING CREDIT CARD NUMBER. Ah, no I'm just a fricking woman that sharppied a name into my hand thinking that no one would think I would be a "real grill" and they don't matter, I have no idea of the rights of privacy or any ownership ideas because I'm like fricking 15 getting into politics even though I can't vote and I use tumblr all day to rant about this Bull Crap

You claim you don't advocate violence. But that is exactly what laws are; violence. If you don't obey whatever idiotic law gets passed, eventually men with guns will come to your house and kidnap you, if you resist they will shoot you.

You are advocating violence against individuals who are performing peaceful acts with their own property. Tell me how you justify this.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You claim you don't advocate violence. But that is exactly what laws are; violence. If you don't obey whatever idiotic law gets passed, eventually men with guns will come to your house and kidnap you, if you resist they will shoot you.

You are advocating violence against individuals who are performing peaceful acts with their own property. Tell me how you justify this.
LAWS KEEP PEOPLE IN PLACE! xD

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Laws are also there to prevent violence and give legal recourse [emoji14] but I suspect your viewpoint is that as long as no one is aware of your actions, and you're not aware of how your actions affect others, no law should ever apply.

This is a very common conservative argument (libertarian), and is debated a lot. As far as burden of proofs go, it's a divergence of ideals. It's not an argument of evidence or proofs. We're arguing which ideal is better for our society, so we argue the veracity of the logic. One is not inherently right or wrong. Whether one is right or wrong depends on what our social goals are.

To that end, what kind of protections should personal creations have. Say you created a piece of music. How much right do you have to that song? Can people use it without your name? Without your knowledge? Against your consent?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, shit look heated.

Lemme break it up with this: If a game was free but was not available for your region, do you think it's fair to pirate the game so you can play it?

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fake moral hacker: I exploited a bug in Playstation 5 that allows full control of the system and allows piracy. And I'm not going to release. Never. Because I don't support piracy.
Fake moral hacker: *puts 900 torrents to be downloaded in uTorrent*

Like this

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think certain things like Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter deserve a purchase but anything related to lego or something that you know is a bad game should not be cared about.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think certain things like Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter deserve a purchase but anything related to lego or something that you know is a bad game should not be cared about.
I really think pirating is not that bad and you should buy what you like.
E.g. I was playing a less than original version of Xenoblade X since release in Japan, and bought the limited edition when it was released in Europe.
Same happened with Fire Emblem Fates, Project Mirai, SMT4, long etc.
I certainly find this between gray and illegal, but I can't make me find it wrong nevertheless.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I am very picky with games. I come from an era where was usual to find 6 or 7 game demos inside your monthly PC magazine. I like to test what am I buying before spending anything. Right now it's hard to keep everything the way it was without downloading the full game. And if I like the game enough, I'll buy it. If I don't like the game enough, I'll delete it and never play it again.

This said, I would not stop anyone else from pirating. I have my reasons to do the things I do so I assume everyone has a good one (this is not true, I know).

Then comes the price problem. When I play a pirated game, I'm also evaluating how much is it worth to my standarts. If I like a game enough, I'll stop playing it until I find what I think is a reasonable price for it. Even if I really really like Dark Souls 3, I'm not gonna spend 85 € to get the full game (game+dlc season pass). I will pay around 30 or 40 for it (because I really like it and I can afford that) when it comes with the dlcs. If that means I'll have to wait, I'll wait.

Edit: I am a huge fan of the Humble approximation. If one or two games are good I don't mind spend more for charity organizations even if I don't like all of the games in the full package.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay. I'm going to be simple about this.

I don't care. Unless your not trying to be a scumbag with it and selling pirated stuff I don't care and will still pirate stuff for years to come.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: