ehayes427

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, in one of my classes i have to write an essay on conflicts going on in the world.
i chose to write about suicide.

i just wanted to get a few of your opinions on the topic, whether you believe it's the persons' choice, or if it's a selfish decision.

ps, no i'm not committing it!

THANKS!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly I have to say it's a weak and selfish thing to do.
Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well while i don't really condone it for people who are fed up with life, i feel that if your on your death bed and in immense pain it should be legal to kill yourself. why prolong the needless suffering? we have no problem putting our pets down if they are dying and suffering and when we do we tell ourselves it was the "humane thing to do".

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.
This is almost exactly what I was going to post.

QUOTE(Son of Science @ Jan 14 2011, 03:04 PM) Just do it, Maggot.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People opinions are gonna go a couple ways....

1. Those people are pathetic, they deserve to die.

2. They are selfish, and don't think about who they will affect.

3. It's their life, let them do what they want.

4. They are people that never got help. (Mental help.)

5. They are people that think the worlds ending because they had a bad day/week/month/year.

I believe I missing some opinions, but you get the gist of it.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country

took the words out of my mouth.

When I had feelings of wanting to suicide, I said "No! I'm not gonna let the world keep me down!". I pick myself up and I perservere!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Totally this.

JackSakamoto

Bad Ending Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
I love suicide, I practice every day.
rofl.gif

No, really ... Suicide is a bu***'_@$£**it, never do that, you end up in nothing (I'm serious here.)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Suicide is such a huge problem with our lives today, the thought of people taking their lives is like a mishap that could have been prevented. Most people don't why it happens, personally its the bleak of your darkness.

If we all know from deep down despite how fucked up life can get, despite our shortcomings we can still smile and do better.
We know that aren't perfect this too shall come to pass. When a person want to commit it, its that visual tunnel in the mind getting narrowier and narrowier...An individual thought can pull you out of it, think of Anime for instance. (No really,) You don't give up because its harder, you get stronger each time you fall.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weak? So what's strength? Suffering? Maybe you should poke your eyes out with scalding skewers as a feat of strength?

Selfish? You know what's selfish? Thinking that someone in a world of darkness should remain there indefinitely so you feel a little less bad.

Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People who commit suicide do it because they think there is no other way out; they're extremely desperate. I sympathize for them. I don't think it is selfish at all. For a human to want to take their life, they must be suffering deeply mentally or physically. I would understand if someone who felt immense pain daily would want to take their life, and I would respect their choice. I used to believe it selfish for others to commit suicide and leave their family and friends behind, but I have broadened my views and I understand why some do it.

It's hard for people like me, who has a decent and content life to see how suicide is cowardly, but it's one sided because we've never experienced it.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well, all you get from here really is opinions from people who won't commit suicide.

i wanted to do it once, twice but i never get to do it since i still have some people around me.

if i still want to commit suicide though, i'd also want my whole existence to be erased, since it will only bring sadness to the people who cares for me.

Urza said:
1.Weak? So what's strength? Suffering? Maybe you should poke your eyes out with scalding skewers as a feat of strength?

2.Selfish? You know what's selfish? Thinking that someone in a world of darkness should remain there indefinitely so you feel a little less bad.

3.Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.

1. i think he means weak in a way that the person who committed suicide is afraid of facing what will happen next and just gave up.
2. still thinking about it...
3. death is the escape yes, but that proves you're afraid of failing yourself further in life.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
It's downright selfish, throughout the world, if one person believes he has no one who loves him, he hates his life (this can be a girl to, just not adding the "s"), no one who believes in him and then takes his own life is just a moron, no matter what, there is someone who will always grieve for you, even if they do not know you, there will always be someone who can help you, but they might choose to disregard the chance to get better, suicide is based on someones mental state, there are lots of people who can help, hell, I get so stressed sometimes (sure others do as well) that it could lead to suicide, I've never looked down that road myself but the fact that it can lead to suicide still stands.

tl;dr: Completely wrong and selfish for someone to do it.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Urza said:
Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.

Escape? Escape to where and from what?! From life being "too much"?
Are your certain that when you "escape" life you're going to a better place? You don't know that.
I agree with you it's not selfish, but it's definitely a weak thing to.

Sorry but this is the first time I have ever disagreed with you, Urza.

I am disappoint
closedeyes.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
Urza said:

Are your certain that when you "escape" life you're going to a better place? You don't know that.

I am disappoint
closedeyes.gif

*clicks Approve :-)*

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Urza said:

I am disappoint
closedeyes.gif
And what's wrong with weakness if it prevents suffering?

Death is an unknown. You may not know where you're going, but rolling the dice for peace may be better than continuing through whatever hell you're in currently.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Urza said:
Death is an unknown. You may not know where you're going, but rolling the dice for peace may be better than continuing through whatever hell you're in currently.

by saying that, you made me think:

yeah death is unknown so it became harder for my choices.
1. what if i die then the world gets better? i don't want to regret that.
2. what if i don't die then the world didn't change and it's better where i will go when i die? i should have stayed.
3. what if i die and the world gets better and where i go is worse? pity me.

i guess i'll get crazy first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958