Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
nutella said:
HeadHunt said:
nutella said:
It isn't suicide if you take yourself off life support, because you die as a result of your condition. It's a different thing if you willingly take a lethal injection.
I think every life is sacred. You can't kill people because other people would benefit from it. That's the same with sick children in Africa, why don't kill them and take their organs. Sure why not, since they don't have a future. You can't think like that.

In response to your 'cancer-case':
if the cancer is spread throughout the body I highly doubt they will use any of those organs. Metastasing has already begun, so you can't risk to put an 'infected' organ in a very, very weak person (the receiving patient).

Also isn't it selfish that people want organs from a very ill person?
That' completely irrelevant to what I said. As I stated, taking someone off life support is not murder or suicide. You are not killing them, cancer is killing them.
But by choosing to be taken off life support, you are choosing to INTENTIONALLY END YOUR LIFE EARLIER.
That may not necessarily be your intention. It could be that keeping yourself on life support is taxing on your family's money, possibly emotionally taxing as well. You may be prolonging an inevitable death just because of life support, while another person who needs it and has a chance at survival is deprived of life support because of you. The point is that by taking yourself off life support, your intention may not be to end your life, but give someone else who has a better chance at survival the opportunity to have life support. I mean who knows. You may even by some miracle survive.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was just reading up this thread, when I was pinged by my friend. The stepbrother of his nephew had commited suicide. I seriously don't get it, why would you do such a thing?
You say because you feel shit about everything. Face it, it's part of life. I've been through the biggest hellhole in my life, and I'm still here. I never thought about suicide, and I will never do it. Life has it's ups and downs, and it's a challenge to deal with them.
Seriously, I've had 6 suicides over the past 5 months, and I'm getting a bit tired of this honestly. 1 Guy I knew for a bit (he was a teacher, and the nephew of a friend of mine), Another girl lived in the same village as me, the other one I didn't know at all, but he was in my school, and a few other people who I had seen before. And now people around me are getting so depressed about losing everyone, that they are thinking about suicide to. It's a chain reaction, and I'm just trying to stop them from doing it.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
nutella said:
fgghjjkll said:
nutella said:
HeadHunt said:
nutella said:
It isn't suicide if you take yourself off life support, because you die as a result of your condition. It's a different thing if you willingly take a lethal injection.
I think every life is sacred. You can't kill people because other people would benefit from it. That's the same with sick children in Africa, why don't kill them and take their organs. Sure why not, since they don't have a future. You can't think like that.

In response to your 'cancer-case':
if the cancer is spread throughout the body I highly doubt they will use any of those organs. Metastasing has already begun, so you can't risk to put an 'infected' organ in a very, very weak person (the receiving patient).

Also isn't it selfish that people want organs from a very ill person?
That' completely irrelevant to what I said. As I stated, taking someone off life support is not murder or suicide. You are not killing them, cancer is killing them.
But by choosing to be taken off life support, you are choosing to INTENTIONALLY END YOUR LIFE EARLIER.
That may not necessarily be your intention. It could be that keeping yourself on life support is taxing on your family's money, possibly emotionally taxing as well. You may be prolonging an inevitable death just because of life support, while another person who needs it and has a chance at survival is deprived of life support because of you. The point is that by taking yourself off life support, your intention may not be to end your life, but give someone else who has a better chance at survival the opportunity to have life support. I mean who knows. You may even by some miracle survive.
That does not change the fact that you have intentionally ended your life.
I think Urza is correct. In some situations, suicide isn't a weakness. It shows that you are brave and kind when you accept your fate and prolong one's life who has a chance to survive while ending yours which is going to end in a few weeks anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone