Homebrew [33c3] Console Hacking 2016 (3DS/WiiU) talk Dec 27-30: smea, derrek, nedwill, naehrwert

What will Santa Hax bring us this year?

• Slowhax (arm11 kernelhax)

Votes: 184 32.1%
  • Soundhax (free primary userland sploit)

Votes: 183 31.9%
  • Bootrom dump method !!

Votes: 166 28.9%
  • Something more awesome than the above.

Votes: 156 27.2%
  • Something nice for the WiiU

Votes: 178 31.0%
  • Nothing. Ninty will banhammer: 001-1337 "Your use of this speech has been restricted by Nintendo"

Votes: 80 13.9%
  • This checkbox pleases me

Votes: 152 26.5%
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Votes: 92 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

Only thing that could truely generate insane hype for Ninty to "lose the game" in my eyes would be a way to unban systems XD

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Hyped for the event, the 32c3 really got me into the 3DS hacking, doing experiments.
Finger crossed for the bootrom and a new downgrade method.
I just hope they won't throw soundhax if they don't have another free primary entrypoint installed on every single firmware, would be better suited for past the eol.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hopefully Derrek won't be as nervous this time, poor guy was white as a sheet at last year's talk. :P
He, like all the others will do fine. We have to support them. I imagine being the host of a worldwide event may cause some stress.
Anyway just do your stuff guys and show who are the reverse engineer aces!

Last edited by Coto,
Reactions: daxtsu

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hyped for the event, the 32c3 really got me into the 3DS hacking, doing experiments.
Finger crossed for the bootrom and a new downgrade method.
I just hope they won't throw soundhax if they don't have another free primary entrypoint installed on every single firmware, would be better suited for past the eol.
There will always be more webkithax. No need to save other primaries for "eol".

Never have really understood why some people keep crying for eol hoarding, especially a system like 3ds with it's endless trough of userland sploits.
Arm9 sploits are pretty rare nowadays so maybe there's a better eol argument with those. (forget what I just said if dsiwarehax a9lh installs ever become a thing, lol)

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully Derrek won't be as nervous this time, poor guy was white as a sheet at last year's talk. :P
That's right, but remember he had to talk to a few hundred people in the room and probably >1000 in the livestream. My talking skills would completely give it up when I would talk to so many guys.

Last edited by einhuman197,

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U is bullshit.
...Seriously? How is this constructive? This does not provide any value to the conversation. I just don't have words for this kind of flamebait.

On topic... Honestly, I wouldn't expect too much to be released at the conference. We have already seen a ton of releases come out in the last year, so I mostly expect just in-depth technical explanations about how they accomplished the various hacks which have been released. But then again, what do I know? Somebody may have been holding back a secret or two just so they can make a bigger splash at the convention.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last year, this very event produced groundbreaking new 3ds hacks such as arm9loaderhax and memchunkhax2 that really shook up the scene. What will happen this year?

Looks like our 32c3 friend derrek will return, but this time tagging along will be fresh new talent nedwill and Nintendo/Sony scene veteran naehrwert. Gonna be big, so stay tuned!
Note: smealum will not be attending the talk this year

<event livestream coming here December 27-30 - more details TBA>

:arrow: Source

Smea will attend, but will not/barely speak (hmm appearantly he even resigned from that (seeing the speakers list))

Last edited by Procyon,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pre-Alpha state and it already aims to be the best emulation console by far

Lots of things can be done with Wii U, it's a shame that the actual line of thinking as of today is "Piracy first"

That console can give us a lot of joy from the homebrew side.
So much this! Just the retroarch port alone made me throw my psvita away.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
So much this! Just the retroarch port alone made me throw my psvita away.

Add Nintendont on vWii and we're set.

And that's just emulation

Tbh, i miss how the homebrew EXPLODE on Wii, it was incredible. First homebrew app i used on it was a DVD player. Shit was crazy. I miss that on 3DS and Wii U

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Add Nintendont on vWii and we're set.

And that's just emulation

Tbh, i miss how the homebrew EXPLODE on Wii, it was incredible. First homebrew app i used on it was a DVD player. Shit was crazy. I miss that on 3DS and Wii U
The real WiiU scene is only a month old. Give it time :P

Reactions: shadowfocus603

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!