"Ad Blockers Are Not Allowed on YouTube" warning showing up now

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no more "like this segway, to our sponsor" on LTT videos anymore. :D
Who and why would anyone watch Linus anymore? That clown literally illegally sold a prototype yet still can have youtube update videos in place just to maintain ad performance. Literally no other tech tuber is allowed this but mister turbo shill is.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I've followed every guide imaginable here, but cannot get the dreaded thing that limited me to 3 more videos to allow me to get past it. After 3 videos, I was blocked, even after making the message go away successfully, so I just deleted my YouTube channel, and am now using FreeTube instead. Thanks a lot, Google.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alternative to revanced on android called "grayjay". its a standalone app you have to sideload yourself, its open source, suggested one time fee of $9.99 but can be used totally free without any downsides. works with other sites like twitch too through a plugin system

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
alternative to revanced on android called "grayjay". its a standalone app you have to sideload yourself, its open source, suggested one time fee of $9.99 but can be used totally free without any downsides. works with other sites like twitch too through a plugin system

just get firefox + u block origin + playback fix plug in. I have it on my phone for years, works great.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man it's been owned by google for like 90% of it's life, that is so dumb of a take
YouTube founded 2005
Google bought YouTube 2006
Current year 2023

Checks out

Edit: perhaps this user really enjoyed YouTube back when they were 1 or 2 years old, you never know

Reactions: SylverReZ

squeakycleanswine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started showing up for me, but it hasn't actually stopped me from watching any videos yet (just a short delay before each one, which is a bit annoying). I don't want to have to switch to an alternative youtube frontend, because quite honestly they all suck.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I just love how this became a heated topic after only one and few experienced this issue.

I can't imagine nobody here loves what YouTube is doing to block people from using ads making them give up and resort to using a subscription. I've heard that since this, a user on another rfourm site literally gottwn an NSFW ad about something I forgot, and pointed out that they still have the usual unskippable, and 3 ads at once without making things less troublesome

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Youtube's tactic is backfiring spectacularly from what I could tell.
More users I know want to block ads out of spite or simply delete their channel and leave the platform altogether.
Good job Youtube, you played yourself with your greed.

As for myself I know for sure I will never pay a single penny and block their ads and anti-ads junk, fuck Youtube as a company.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we'd all be as incensed about the concept of ads on YouTube, had it not initially been ad-free for a bulk of its existence. I mean, Hulu and Netflix and etc all offer ad-tier plans for money to watch their content, and sometimes the ad-blockers don't even work on them.

There's so many interesting channels on YouTube that wouldn't be able to function without the income that YouTube provides. Google has to pay for all the video hosting somehow, as well.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong