Status
Not open for further replies.

jeka467

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
so people want lower resolution with darker shadows? as stated before if you want stable 30FPS you lower blur2. we don't even know if the config supports 0.90 as a resolution and could just be defaulting to vanilla
So where is this blur2 used? Like what changes will I see if I lower it? And what's the good value for it then?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where is this blur2 used? Like what changes will I see if I lower it? And what's the good value for it then?
motion blur mostly from what I've seen but for whatever reason if you turn it completely off it causes issues in cutscenes hence I say to just turn it down I set them all to 0.1 in my config 0.0 MIGHT work too or it might cause the same issue but 0.0 is even faster than 0.1

Arnauw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
First thank you for your support

But i have a Problem with your new config
Everything looks great with docked config but cutscenes looks like the config never works/i never put the config on the sd - after the cutscene everything looks great again

With your first config the name was „max“ config everything looks good/really sharp,cutscenes also
Isn't that just because of a pre-rendered cutscene ?

jeka467

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
motion blur mostly from what I've seen but for whatever reason if you turn it completely off it causes issues in cutscenes hence I say to just turn it down I set them all to 0.1 in my config 0.0 MIGHT work too or it might cause the same issue but 0.0 is even faster than 0.1
Thanks. Looks like it will help to play 720p on 1020/691 clocks. Also only now (30 hours in) tried turning off tmaa and damn. I thought it helps with jagged edges, but it only made it worse

Reactions: deathblade200

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.
Updated presets to v1.1 (and mostly final update)

Introduction

All presets have mostly the same settings, the only changes between one and the other is ColReduction (false for emulator), resolution scaling and antialiasing sharpness.

To avoid comments out of context or destructive criticism as has happened before with a certain user: I share these presets for personal taste and for whoever wants to enjoy them, at no time do I specify that they are the best they will find or that my settings are the only valid ones. They are adjustments made from my personal experience, arranged to my liking and optimized to the level that Nintendo Switch can support.

These are the general JSON settings, whoever wants to edit it for their own benefit or research is free to do so.

Common features:
- Better shadows with greater distance and quality
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient, ported from my older XC1 and XC2 settings.
- Better resolution with their respective improvements in the LOD, terrain and vegetation (they are linked to the internal resolution of the game)
- Slightly tweaked colours in bloom, shadows and clouds for better environment
- Performance mostly reach 30 FPS in larger areas, battles and cutscenes if you overclock CPU/GPU/RAM to:

Installation:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root for Switch.
- Unzip and drop romfs folder in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config", create "exefs" folder and drop .ips file in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config" for Yuzu
- Unzip and drop contents and exefs_patches folders in "...\AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods" for Ryujinx

Comparison screenshots (Vanilla vs Portable Preset):

Portable JSON settings:

Dock JSON settings:

Emulators JSON settings:

I hope you enjoy it :grog:
These settings look great but after the DLC i couldn't make it work on a real switch. Can you please uploud for the DLC too?
Do i need to copy the exefs_patches for the DLC 1.1.0 version too?
Do i need to put lib_nx.bin on both shader and dumpbin folders?

Last edited by MatheusStaffa,

Lianai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cutscene ok
memory leak too
i played one hour

Colony Gamma....

From what I've read, short cutscenes may pass without crashing, but longer ones are still a problem and the one I'm stuck on is probably a long one. I tried with 1x scaling, without any mod with CPU on unsafe and auto, with GPU on extreme and high, the result is always the same : crash when the camera is on Noah's face (it works fine with opengl).

Massaion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I still have crashes with 2874. You have to go to the gallery and try it with one of the longer cutscenes, which still crashes for me.

astherion666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How often does it crash in Vulkan? Does it stutter a lot in Vulkan?
Played 9 hours, maybe 1 or 2 crashes. Almost no stutters, just rare fps drops to 20-25 in some places. OK, there are few hangins (to 1-3 secs.), but its happens rare (maybe once per 2-3hr); seems they can be related to automatic memory clean by Memreduct. With patch 1.1.0 works almost perfect. Just don't accidentally turn on (or turn it off immediately!) "texture recompress" in graphic settings, it leads to stutters/often fps drops/lower (17-20-25) fps.

Tried latest Yuzu EA yesterday. Stutters happens more often. Memory leaks problem didn't fixed. Turning to Vulkan leads to random crashes, especially in cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?