Atgames sega flashback 2018 edition is out in the wild.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it runs retroarch but its locked down to only running genesis and my guess is that the custom "firmware" that will be released by "the firmware fairy" it will only run genesis stuff.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes but at the start if runs genesis better then the current/old one on the old one and once it opened up more the old one can come for the ride

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evidently they have the rights to use this emulator, from Charles MacDonald and Eke-Eke. I knew MacDonald's brother Chris... he used to write all those strategy guides for GameFAQs.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....Fuck you, ghetto Santa. Fucker gave me the Family Dollar crapsac Genesis.....Genocide should have been on the box with an ass getting fucked along side my childhood memories. No scope. No lube.

images

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
....Fuck you, ghetto Santa. Fucker gave me the Family Dollar crapsac Genesis.....Genocide should have been on the box with an ass getting fucked along side my childhood memories. No scope. No lube.

images
I was gifted one of those things last Christmas and it's still sitting unopened right here beside my computer screen lol.

This has to be one of the worst (and most common) gifts from non-gamers to gamers.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has to be one of the worst (and most common) gifts from non-gamers to gamers.

Sadly for me, I was drunk, saw the plastic-turd-in-a-box, couldn't resist, and they got me.

The worst is when it isn't even the ballpark; e.g. getting this shit instead of "Pokemon cards"
A1qMenttJwL._SY450_.jpg

FFS, even Ivysaur doesn't want to be on this card.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that the files for the 2018 model? How did you get it to work on your computer?
I think you misunderstand, but check this out... you can use Generations or AutoXplore to get the AppManager you need to easily start those EMU's in the picture from http://www.explusalpha.com/ on the 2017 FlashbackHD. Its all pretty much 90% there... as much as the machine specs can handle... Its easy to get started now in the Arcade with an excellent port of Final Burn Alpha and a working version of MAME, but wait there is even more coming...

Last edited by MicroNut99,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hmmm can you do me a fav lol just a make a nand backup of it all send to us/me so i can put it on mine :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you misunderstand, but check this out... you can use Generations or AutoXplore to get the AppManager you need to easily start those EMU's in the picture from http://www.explusalpha.com/ on the 2017 FlashbackHD. Its all pretty much 90% there... as much as the machine specs can handle... Its easy to get started now in the Arcade with an excellent port of Final Burn Alpha and a working version of MAME, but wait there is even more coming...

hmmm can you do me a fav lol just a make a nand backup of it all send to us/me so i can put it on mine :)

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Well maybe you know, as well as I do, that wont work and most importantly this is the easy stuff.
I have a whole prepackaged install ready to go...
Please send me a PM if you want help.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that i particularly mind but a couple of things:

1)the .emu series is technically not free software (i am not stopping you but fyi, it would need to either be compiled by the user or acquired by them for the ones that are not available at explusalphas website unless you do not care of legal ramifications.)

2) i appreciate the enthusiasm but aside from gathering an apk list is there any scripts or code added by you, i am curious and dont mean this in any negative way.

3)I wanted to keep this thread for RND for the 2018 model (although odds look bleak) wouldnt posting this in the 2017 version thread be more appropriate?

dont mean anything mean by it, it just feels out of place in this thread.

Thank you.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that i particularly mind but a couple of things:

1)the .emu series is technically not free software (i am not stopping you but fyi, it would need to either be compiled by the user or acquired by them for the ones that are not available at explusalphas website unless you do not care of legal ramifications.)

2) i appreciate the enthusiasm but aside from gathering an apk list is there any scripts or code added by you, i am curious and dont mean this in any negative way.

3)I wanted to keep this thread for RND for the 2018 model (although odds look bleak) wouldnt posting this in the 2017 version thread be more appropriate?

dont mean anything mean by it, it just feels out of place in this thread.

Thank you.

1. 100% true and that scares me about this.... totally in the dark and behind the scenes.
2. Yes and Yes. There is much to be shared and it is in the 2017 thread...
3. Yes it is totally out of place. Feel free to delete.
I was trying to redirect the negative waves and point to Generations and AutoXplore... that is what I'm calling it.
Sorry for the surprise. I got no likes yet even though I gave up some of my my prize "discoveries" to promote both.
Who doesn't love Final Burn Alpha?

Reactions: fixingmytoys

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
sound has been fixed it seems. i am having a hard time catching indiscrepancies. however a sega audiophile may do better than me at catching this.

got any idea as to what would be close to a rockchip 3066 to boot off it? i went to their page and see no close matches.
You probably wanna find audio from actual hardware, not emulators, and compare yourself. I don’t have the flashback console so I wouldn’t be able to compare myself.

This one is from a Model 2 ym3438

There’s audio files you can find online for the model 2 ym2612 version. I don’t think I can link the downloads here though.

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The top video doesn’t say it’s a model 2 ym2612 in the description, but other videos the person uploaded does have the model in the description like this one here. And it’s pretty much the same model for all his uploads.

Not all actual legit genesis consoles have equal sound. Different models and motherboards, and different fm synthesis hardware.

Here is a good guide that explains the differences.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

Reactions: ATFlashback2018

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats true if i recall correctly the genesis 3 model had abysmal sound. i am mostly comparing it to my old genny 2 that i have sitting around and it sounds pretty close. although to be fair i have spending more time trying to see if i can gain access to inject a homebrew apk into it than putting it through a battery of tests and comparing its romset with my cartridge collection.

Reactions: MicroNut99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: