Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All those people who were trying to spread misinformation need to issue a formal apolology lol
i made a mistake, i fixed it
you isolated my self-deprecation to gloat
even if you're right, which is yet to be determined, being an asshole isn't going to convince people to apologize, it'll just make them more likely to harden their beliefs to avoid admitting it
however, if i am wrong, it's okay, because i'll correct my views and tell anyone else who has the same misinformation what the truth is
i might even say it without being needlessly insulting

Reactions: kumikochan

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong
Remind yourselves to never believe anything from these guys

wrong again buddy, the jig is going to be needed until some time after atmospheres release

You'll need a jig until Atmosphere offers a better way like coldboot or maybe another software modification.

At of here and now you ARE wrong. The only FW that doesn't need a jig here and now is 1.0.0 with fakenews.

Which part of here and now dont you understand?.

RIGHT NOW it does need a jig. How is this so difficult for you to understand?

Just in case you haven't totally got the idea yet (Or you are simply playing dumb at this point), The only entry point available at launch for Atmosphere is going to be RCM, so even if you have a 3.0.0 console you will still need to use a Jig for the first week weeks-months until Deja-vu is properly developed, because as of now, it seems that NO ONE is working on Deja-Vu or Any Softboot-Cooldboot solution, but it will prorbably become a priority once a stable CFW is out.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That ur one of the lucky few that held off on updating when they were told to do so like many others. But just hate all the misinformation people are spreading so that people do update when they shouldn't but ey their loss
who's saying people should update
they're saying "hey if you don't care about RCM, update"
that's always been the vague response to wash our hands of the "BUT YOU SAID" threads that'll come on time 30 minutes after Atmosphere hits 1.0

Reactions: charlieb

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong

OK for the benefit of the thread, and to actually make it useful. Lets say I have a 3.0.1 (or even 3.0.0) console. Right here and now how to I boot into RCM without a jig, lets keep it civil and productive.

Gazzar

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I canr understand anything i want one answer now we can play backup in the switch or not if we can please anyone give me the steps

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OK for the benefit of the thread, and to actually make it useful. Lets say I have a 3.0.1 (or even 3.0.0) console. Right here and now how to I boot into RCM without a jig, lets keep it civil and productive.
You can't but you can when atmosphere releases using webkit exploit and through that using the kernel exploit to load it on the release day but at this moment of time you can't seeing that Atmoshpere still hasn't released. But SciresM said multiple times to be patient and that users up to 4.1.0 can when atmosphere releases without the use of a jig

Last edited by kumikochan,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong
did you know that font isn't the only way to emphasize text
we actually made a function for that, several, if i'm being honest
bold text is like capitalizing but with style
italicizing is good for subtle emphasis
doing them together is great for emulating that secret voice your mum uses when she finds you painting a wall
there is also underline, but it's ugly and don't
EMPHASIS

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found these comments on Reddit.

"SciresM

As someone who does know what he's talking about (I wrote the write-up on the early model vulnerability he mentions), all Switches up through System Version 3.0.2 will be softmoddable -- and those interested in softmodding on 4.1.0 should not update to any newer firmwares, because in the long run those will be supported too."

"ThuMuffinMAN

Hello, please link me to video of a Switch softmodded on newer firmware thank you."

"SciresM

I hope that you find this sufficient:

"

"SciresM

I am extremely confident I understand TrustZone's attack surface. When I say I can't think of any mechanism, I mean that any TrustZone bug affecting 3.0.1 will necessarily affect 4.1.0, because I understand the set of patches between those versions."

I canr understand anything i want one answer now we can play backup in the switch or not if we can please anyone give me the steps

For now, you'll need to be on 4.1 or 5.1. 4.1 can be found in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/page-3. 5.1 info is in a number of threads you can find around the board.

Reactions: Darth Meteos

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Where is anyone stating that ? Nobody is stating that.
Lol what? You are stating that!
Nope it has been stated a 100000000000000000000000000000000 TIMES already that a kernel exploit will be released that can be loaded through the webkit exploit users only up to 4.1.0 will get when atmosphere releases so stop with the misinformation. We already have the webkit exploit and the kernel exploit is useless for RCM users but works by loading it through the webkit exploit only users up to 4.1.0 have and has been stated a million times already that it will be released at the same day atmosphere will be released
You can't but you can when atmosphere releases using webkit exploit and through that using the kernel exploit to load it on the release day but at this moment of time you can't seeing that Atmoshpere still hasn't released. But SciresM said multiple times to be patient and that users up to 4.1.0 can when atmosphere releases without the use of a jig

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
again, kumikochan is talking about a WARMBOOT exploit, you asked about a COLDBOOT one
Please point me to where I stated that while I didn't. I clearly said webkit exploit and through that kernel exploit
Yeah i got warmboot and coldboot mixed up sorry. But what I meant was where was it stated the the warmboot exploit will be released alongside atmosphere cfw? I know it's coming but I didn't knew it was confirmed it would come alongside it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet