Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

BigDuncsRightHook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what its worth regarding corrupt BOOT0/1 with Mariko (SX Core):

I tried quite a few methods but in the end using NxNandManager_x64.exe worked for me. Dumped my 11.0.1 (i think) sysNAND boots via USB mounted through Hekate and wrote them to my 10.2 emuNAND with my SD card directly in the PC (not via mounted USB Hekate).. Point being they are on different versions, still worked and some methods didn't work for me.

I did quite a few different methods/combos, but i think this is what worked for me.

Then I upgraded to Atmos18 and broke Tinfoil :D (all nsp games work though)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How do I disable the automatic HBL app being launched by default from the Album applet?
I know it's a config somewhere, but I completely forgot, and updating to one of the recent versions of Atmosphere overwrote the config file I had with that.

Anyone knows? I hate it that I have to forcefully press R each time I want to access the Album, as I rarely use the HBL as applet.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I disable the automatic HBL app being launched by default from the Album applet?
I know it's a config somewhere, but I completely forgot, and updating to one of the recent versions of Atmosphere overwrote the config file I had with that.

Anyone knows? I hate it that I have to forcefully press R each time I want to access the Album, as I rarely use the HBL as applet.
The file you're looking for is at atmosphere/config/override_config.ini.
(Unless it's been deleted, in which case Atmosphere defaults to template settings).
Docs here and template here.

Should be you'll change the override key from !R to R.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question for Daybreak with atmosphere. If I click Daybreak and click turn Power off while in autoRCM and the battery drain will be normal just like original Nintendo Switch ? I haven't been used Switch for about a few months now and dont want to keep it in sleep mode all the time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question for Daybreak with atmosphere. If I click Daybreak and click turn Power off while in autoRCM and the battery drain will be normal just like original Nintendo Switch ? I haven't been used Switch for about a few months now and dont want to keep it in sleep mode all the time.
The right answer has nothing to do with Daybreak. If you are in a CFW that supports proper shutdowns with AutoRCM enabled such as Atmosphere, then any shutdown will properly power down the console. If you are not in a CFW that supports proper shutdowns with AutoRCM enabled or not in CFW at all, then any shutdown will not properly power down the console and instead will cause it to reboot back into RCM.

Reactions: peteruk and BigOnYa

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it normal, that I have thousandths of erpt_reports?
My SD card recently got corrupted, now I use a new one and was setting up atmosphere from scratch and I still have hundreds/thousandths erpt_reports. (after a couple of days now)

And what exactly are erpt_reports?

Last edited by 1basti1,
Reactions: burhansalih

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The file you're looking for is at atmosphere/config/override_config.ini.
(Unless it's been deleted, in which case Atmosphere defaults to template settings).
Docs here and template here.

Should be you'll change the override key from !R to R.
Ah so that was it.
I was wondering if the ! was similar to how it's used in C/C++ code, but thanks to that I confirmed it.

Got the Album back to normal too!
Took the override template ini file, removed the ; that commented out the title id for the Album, the byte line and the button line, and changed the !R to R.
That did it, thanks!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right answer has nothing to do with Daybreak. If you are in a CFW that supports proper shutdowns with AutoRCM enabled such as Atmosphere, then any shutdown will properly power down the console. If you are not in a CFW that supports proper shutdowns with AutoRCM enabled or not in CFW at all, then any shutdown will not properly power down the console and instead will cause it to reboot back into RCM.

Ok thanks.

All I have to do is press Power and minus volume at the same for full power down properly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks.

All I have to do is press Power and minus volume at the same for full power down properly?
No, I don't understand where you are getting the minus volume from. As long as you are shutting down the console in Atmosphere or doing it from Hekate, then it will properly shutdown even with AutoRCM enabled. It doesn't matter if you use the Power menu from the Switch itself, a homebrew application, or even a manual shutdown; all that matters is that you are powering down the console while in CFW.

bloodfalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just a stupid question guys, I am currently using AMS 0.18, can I directly update to Switch 11.0.1from 10.0.3 using ChoijuDourNX?

Or do I need to install previous updates one by one?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a stupid question guys, I am currently using AMS 0.18, can I directly update to Switch 11.0.1from 10.0.3 using ChoijuDourNX?

Or do I need to install previous updates one by one?
You can update directly to 11.0.1, but you should use Daybreak, not ChoiDujourNX. Daybreak is safer, and there's no reason to use ChoiDujourNX anymore.

bloodfalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can update directly to 11.0.1, but you should use Daybreak, not ChoiDujourNX. Daybreak is safer, and there's no reason to use ChoiDujourNX anymore.

If I download from darthsternie firmware archive, is it still the same process, that I need to boot to Hekate, lockpick etc?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah @Lacius Using Daybreak, do they asked to use either FAT32 or ExFAT for the console or it is just automatically goes to FAT32 ? Because with ChouDujourNX, the apps asked whether to still use FAT32 or ExFAT.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I download from darthsternie firmware archive, is it still the same process, that I need to boot to Hekate, lockpick etc?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah @Lacius Using Daybreak, do they asked to use either FAT32 or ExFAT for the console or it is just automatically goes to FAT32 ? Because with ChouDujourNX, the apps asked whether to still use FAT32 or ExFAT.
It's the same process as before, and it will ask if you want exFAT support, just like ChoiDujourNX. The difference is Daybreak uses the actual Switch system for updating via cartridge system updates, so the process has the same built-in failsafes as the Switch itself.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal, that I have thousandths of erpt_reports?
My SD card recently got corrupted, now I use a new one and was setting up atmosphere from scratch and I still have hundreds/thousandths erpt_reports. (after a couple of days now)

And what exactly are erpt_reports?
I have the same thing doesn’t matter how many different SD cards I use.. did you get to the bottom of why it happens?

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same thing doesn’t matter how many different SD cards I use.. did you get to the bottom of why it happens?
No, but these are system errors that are normally directly saved on the switch afaik. But I just don't know if it's normal to have thousandths of them.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, but these are system errors that are normally directly saved on the switch afaik. But I just don't know if it's normal to have thousandths of them.

to be honest even when I have set up my switch after doing a factory restore and putting AMS back on from new I always get them surely that’s not normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1