Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad i haven't updated to 17.0.0, its taking a while as one of the devs is on break right?
Is this the longest it's taken for a new atmosphere/sigpatches update to come out?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Glad i haven't updated to 17.0.0, its taking a while as one of the devs is on break right?
Is this the longest it's taken for a new atmosphere/sigpatches update to come out?
always you can get an IDE and start coding, while more people helping while less time will take, the scene will accept the help of everyone willing to help, all the modders do it on their spare time, and donating their time and knowledge, so you can pay lot of money, help, or wait patiently.

most of the discussion has been take on https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/issues/5 there you can track the advances and give your collaboration.

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I understand correctly, sigpatches have to be regenerated/updated for each OFW/atmosphere pair release. So, as SciresM explicitly stated that a new atmosphere release will come shortly we only have to wait. He deserves a huge break and I can't understand the drama around the fact that updating to the latest OFW without the green light ( I mean associated sigpatches readily available) has always been (and will probably always be) a dumb behavior.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sadly, mistakes happen, especially for those that use online features. As far as I remember, if there's an update pending, you'll get an update nag every time you launch an app and it's pretty easy to make a mistake. Plus there are dogs, neighbors, cousins etc. to be aware of as well. Stuff happens. Ever since I hacked my Switch, it didn't go online at all.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sadly, mistakes happen, especially for those that use online features. As far as I remember, if there's an update pending, you'll get an update nag every time you launch an app and it's pretty easy to make a mistake. Plus there are dogs, neighbors, cousins etc. to be aware of as well. Stuff happens. Ever since I hacked my Switch, it didn't go online at all.
Yeah I just blindly updated without checking the forums first. I hardly use my Switch so I just forgot to check. Oh well.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yeah it's strange. Maybe there is a way to blank it where it still works in 17.0.0. We need to figure out how the ones that still have it working blanked their prodinfo. Like @josete2k

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen mixed results about the prodinfo blankning
I've tried blanking the prodinfo with exosphere and it crashes (I've never had incognito bc I was banned since the origin of SXOS haha)

EDIT:

Is there an alternative? maybe with hosts?
To block all connections I mean

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I've tried blanking the prodinfo with exosphere and it crashes (I've never had incognito bc I was banned since the origin of SXOS haha)

EDIT:

Is there an alternative? maybe with hosts?
To block all connections I mean
Yes you can block connections to Nintendo serevers with DNSmitm
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Reactions: jmmc

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen the discussion around PRODINFO blanking causing a crash.

My cat (/s) accidentally updated my SysNAND to OFW 17, and i have yet to see a problem with it. I've been using exosphere with no issue at all since its inception. The only crashes i've had on 17 are with sysmodules (sys-clk, sys-patch) but both have been updated since 17 dropped.

My EmuNAND is still on 16.1.0 so haven't seen if it causes a crash for an offline only partition.

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
Found a solution.

You have to use DNS Mitm too, if you don't block these servers, it crashes.

Only if you haven't deleted the cal0 partition. I guess.

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
All you need is use someone's valid cert and serial instead of blanking and corrupting existing. It can even be already banned.
I think it's a bit difficult to find a donor and I've never deleted the prodinfo partition.

Atmosphere blanks it on boot (and it's not persistent).

If you use dns mitm with exosphere blanking it works fine on 17.0.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/