Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not such a big deal. Depends on how much you actually turn off your switch and back on again. Mine sleeps permanently. Can't talk for others obviously but to me it's not a massive inconvenience. Plus we're lucky to have this vector for the lifetime of the machine.

Glass half full and all that :)

Reactions: Albytrozz

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I might just wait, but I doubt 5.x.x will ever get a soft solution.
Certainly not in the near future, it would seem. Never underestimate the future of modding, though! I mean, look at NTRboothax. That came out pretty late, though.

I would think that when Mariko releases, some people are going to get to work on hacking them. That might include a softmod release, but that's just speculation.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certainly not in the near future, it would seem. Never underestimate the future of modding, though! I mean, look at NTRboothax. That came out pretty late, though.

I would think that when Mariko releases, some people are going to get to work on hacking them. That might include a softmod release, but that's just speculation.

Not gonna get my hopes on that, I'm better off getting a second tablet.

frnovoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was searching all day....

But how can update from 3.0.2 to 4.1.0? I dont want to update to 5.1.0

On preference, i dont want to buy a game that requieres 4.1.0...

Is there a way to do this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before the Fusee leak, people assumed >4.1.0 consoles would be shit outta luck, so it was the same as it always is, don't update if you want cfw. But when Fusee leaked, it became known that anyone with a paperclip, copper wire or 3d printer and at least a 2 in dexterity could do it. 1.0.0 users would get it first, 2.0.0-3.0.2 would get it second, then everyone else, with a softmod solution for <4.1.0 in the works. At the time, only 3.0.0 had a homebrew launcher, with lower versions having Pegaswitch.

However, with Hekate, it became obvious that any release would be for all versions. That was a good day. All new demonstration videos that come from anyone who's anyone at all are on the latest firmware. It's going to be a hell of a release.

TL;DR: At this point, it's clear Atmosphere will release for everyone, but the entrypoint may include RCM, at least at launch, if you're above 3.0.2.
To add onto this, outside of entrypoint confusion, certain features don't work on all features when they are implemented through Hekate. For example, sleep mode. It is still not fully supported on 3.X firmwares. Another is LayeredFS. The reasoning being people keep pulling Atmosphere's WIP code, compile it for the scene, then those that cannot do "insert cool thing here" are bummed out and think Atmosphere won't support Y firmware. Atmosphere has and will always be a CFW designed for all firmwares in mind and that is also why it is coming with EmuNAND support to give greater flexibility and freedom to the scene.

sheg0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thinks this CFW is became a LATER 1ST OF APRIL, why are they still holding to release Atmosphere?
Various parts of atmosphere are heavily used at this time. Putting it all together to a out of the box working cfw for noobs like you is a more difficult task

Reactions: Frexxos

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Various parts of atmosphere are heavily used at this time. Putting it all together to a out of the box working cfw for noobs like you is a more difficult task
then dont even try it, i acuattly i see the difference between releasing various part of a Cfw instead a complete CFW, u just had more patience and time to read nerds' guide it doesn't make you smarter than others, u funny Wurst-esser.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How do I guarantee not getting SOL?
Use a credit card through PayPal. If anything goes wrong, do this:
  1. First try an ebay dispute, because they make the seller cover postage
  2. If not successful, then do a PayPal dispute, you can sign up to PayPal funded returns up to $45 (Australian dollars, not sure what that would be in US dollars, maybe $30)
  3. If still not successful, do a charge back through your credit card
It's incredibly unlikely that you will fail with every one of those.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then dont even try it
Like Hekate was made for entitled little shits like you.
u just had more patience and time to read nerds' guide it doesn't make you smarter than others, u funny Wurst-esser.
It really, really does. It indicates a willingness to read, an ability to follow instructions, and a will to succeed. You have none of these. You said that it was a nerds' guide? Nerds made this custom firmware. Nerds made this console. Nerds spent their time on trying everything, and we did it before piracy was around, because we genuinely enjoy tinkering with our consoles.

At any rate, if you think running Hekate is a nerd guide, then you have a low bar for nerds. Maybe you're just not very bright.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Like Hekate was made for entitled little shits like you.

It really, really does. It indicates a willingness to read, an ability to follow instructions, and a will to succeed. You have none of these. You said that it was a nerds' guide? Nerds made this custom firmware. Nerds made this console. Nerds spent their time on trying everything, and we did it before piracy was around, because we genuinely enjoy tinkering with our consoles.

At any rate, if you think running Hekate is a nerd guide, then you have a low bar for nerds. Maybe you're just not very bright.
WELL, I did Jtag hack to my X360, not the TX one but Jtag, for that hack i even learnt how to TINY-soldering, I think this is enough to explain my abilities, which you don't even have to do tiny soldering when you RUN HB on ur switch.
Anyone with patient and dedication is able to archive, you followed and installed Switch hack? good for you, seriously i don't give a shit about it, but it doesn't give you the right joke other people's IQ, don't even dare to joke it about.

and if you are offended cauz i called you nerd, clearly you don't even know what ''nerd'' means, have a look here, u nerd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

Last edited by leon315,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
WELL, I did Jtag hack to my X360, not the TX one but Jtag, for that hack i even learnt how to TINY-soldering, I think this is enough to explain my abilities, which you don't even have to do tiny soldering when you RUN HB on ur switch.
Anyone with patient and dedication is able to archive, you followed and installed Switch hack? good for you, seriously i don't give a shit about it, but it doesn't give you the right joke other people's IQ, don't even dare to joke it about.

and if you are offended cauz i called you nerd, clearly you don't even know what ''nerd'' means, have a look here, u nerd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd
bragging about jtagging when no one cares, dont act like youre hot shit, just calm down.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if you are offended cauz i called you nerd, clearly you don't even know what ''nerd'' means, have a look here, u nerd
kek
>overly intellectual, obsessive, introvert or lacking socials skills
all of those are pretty good
i worked hard on my social skills for actual world, though
>Such a person may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, little known, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical, abstract, or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities.
i'm on gbatemp speculating about a custom firmware
does it count as a non-mainstream activity
it is highly technical
sadly i don't exclude other activities, although they mightn't be mainstream
what do
>Additionally, many so-called nerds are described as being shy, quirky, pedantic, and unattractive.
shy: yes
quirky: YES
pedantic: eh i guess
unattractive: bitch i'm fabulous

Well, thanks for the fun read. I even learned some stuff, the root origins of nerd were fascinating.
but it doesn't give you the right joke other people's IQ, don't even dare to joke it about.
i make jokes about lots of things
none of them are particularly serious
congratulations on your ability to solder, that's pretty awesome, actually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto