Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
everytime i play Pokemon Sword or Shield ams randomly crashes with an error (it shows the title id and some sort of error)..if i reboot after crash it says couldnt initialize sd card...but after second reboot it boots. it happens with and without mods and only in these games. sxos doesnt crash (no i am no sx fanboy but its strange)

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically you asked two questions, well actually you asked the same question in two different ways that necessitates two answers to one question.

So your answers are no and yes, in no particular order.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Github. He already told you. Though I don't know why you're being spoon fed whilst appearing pretty rude to be honest.

MY apologizes. I am just a little git confused. I did read github and still not sure.

I am not being rude. Just a little lost. Sorry if you think I am being rude but I am not.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, Is there a way to block game update notifications? can't play without updating, and I don't want to update the game.
It is recommended that you update the game. If that is not an option for whatever reason, you can use blawar's Tinfoil to remove the game update requirement, which will remove the update notification.

Reactions: peteruk

jftm999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is recommended that you update the game. If that is not an option for whatever reason, you can use blawar's Tinfoil to remove the game update requirement, which will remove the update notification.
how do I remove the game update requirement? I have Tinfoil in my SD, but I don't know what to do? does it have to with tickets?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I remove the game update requirement? I have Tinfoil in my SD, but I don't know what to do? does it have to with tickets?
No. Just go to your games that are already installed, and you should find the option to remove the game version requirement.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Day guyss! I bought a nintendo switch that is a patched unit, however someone said to me that there will be update in the month of December this year and it says that my unit can be jailbroken. Is it true?
What firmware is it on? If it’s on 4.x you can actually hack it right now :P. If it’s on 7.0.1 or lower you’ll get hax in the future (though probably not in December, except like maybe 5.x). 8.0.x might be able to downgrade to 7.0.x in the future. And if you’re on 8.1.0 or higher you basically have no hope and will have to rely on hardmods (if any ever release)

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
everytime i play Pokemon Sword or Shield ams randomly crashes with an error (it shows the title id and some sort of error)..if i reboot after crash it says couldnt initialize sd card...but after second reboot it boots. it happens with and without mods and only in these games. sxos doesnt crash (no i am no sx fanboy but its strange)

Same here. can someone help?

Reactions: KirWil

nifoc2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

It's a bug looks like. Nothing to do with cfw. The solution given in the article is disable Autosave.

https://www.dualshockers.com/pokemon-sword-shield-sd-card-corrupt-bug/

Last edited by nifoc2099,

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to get some clarification about Atmosphere and the gamecart slot firmware update in 9.0+ firmware.

I'm currently still on 8.1.0 with fuses burned for 4.1.0. I've been putting off updating to 9 until I feel I have a good way of achieving my objective without updating the gamecart firmware.

The firmware 9.0 was released right after I bought some games that required downloads, like Spyro, Resident Evil Trilogy, and some others. I want to redeem the codes for the content I purchased, but I obviously can't do it without updating to the latest firmware. I don't want my cart slot updated since I want to preserve the ability to go back to 4.1.0 at some point. I understand that Atmosphere prevents the gamecart slot from being updated by default, but I've read some ppl posting that if you use ChoiDujourNX to install the firmware, your gamecart slot will get updated. If running ChoiDujourNX within Atmosphere, wouldn't the slot be protected from being updated? I just want to clarify this, since some people post inaccurate info.

Also, I'd like some thoughts on this path forward:
So far, I've run stock firmware, but have booted Atmosphere a couple of times for firmware updates with ChoiDujourNX (updated that way to the 7.x firmware and later to the 8.1.0 firmware I'm on now). I have gone online many times in stock firmware to download game updates and redeem some download codes that came with physical carts. I've never installed any homebrew (besides the ChoiDujourNX) or pirated software and I've not been banned.

- I'm thinking I'll boot Atmosphere to update to 9.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX (or should I just let it download the update from within Atmosphere?).
- After updating the firmware, use Atmosphere to prevent my cart slot from being updated and go online to redeem the codes for games I've purchased and download a bunch of game updates.
- Once I've finished with downloads & updates, go offline and return to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX.
- Not go online again, but when I eventually need more game updates, update the firmware back to the latest first.
- Accept that at some point I might be banned, but hopefully I'll at least have the content I've purchased first.

Is this a bad idea? Is there a better way forward for me to (hopefully) not get banned, but redeem what I've purchased, while preserving the ability to downgrade in the future?

Sonikkua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Xizix Safest way to avoid updating is keeping it in airplane mode, otherwise go to:
'Settings->System->Auto-Update Software' and set that to off.

Edit: Airplane mode or disconnecting any Wi-Fi options is the only way to prevent automatic system updates.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Xizix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: