• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ben Shapiro on the Israel Attacks

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not much of a fan of Ben Shapiro. As @Vetusomaru mentioned, he seems to be merely another partisan pundit participating within the confines of a controlled thesis-antithesis dialectic used to yield a prescribed synthesis. Though his participation is usually promoting the sanctioned antithetical narrative, in this specific case, his role is promoting the sanctioned thesis rather than the sanctioned antithesis. It is interesting how partisans will flip and flop on which end of the sanctioned narrative paradigm they are on, thus decreasing the credibility and reliability of perceiving and interpreting events through the partisan lens.

The Institute for the Study of War appears to be a reliable resource. Here is a recent article on the Israel-Gaza War. It also includes an interesting chart regarding Red Line responses of Axis of Resistance actors:

Picture1_79.png

Last edited by Mythrandir,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find people who are grossly uninformed tend to agree with Shapiro on this issue. I don't know why I'm even posting, trying to actually have a realistic conversation is impossible on forums like this.
Post automatically merged:

There's no chance Shapiro has the correct take on this since he's pro-Putin, and Russia is working with Iran and Hamas to shake up the hornet's nest. So at best he might've gotten halfway there, and that's only if he's calling for an end to the "eye for an eye" bullshit from both sides. The continued slaughter of civilians is unacceptable, and makes the IDF appear as terrorists just as much as Hamas does from an outside perspective.
That's not how reality works. He could have been right, but I watched it and yes he's wrong imo. This comment you have made explains exactly what is wrong with the way a lot of people think, someone is wrong about one thing and that makes them wrong about everything all the time? Someone is pro Putin just because they dont agree with peoples opinions on Ukraine? The world isnt that black and white, stop it.

Last edited by kevin corms,
Reactions: tabzer

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a branch of the BLM movement supports/supported Palestine: Link .... I wonder if all the corporations that poured money on them will now be labeled as right wing anti-semetic Trump supporting white supremacists Nazis?

I guess stealing land for decades and creating the largest open air prison on the planet comes at a price........who would have thought?

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looks like a branch of the BLM movement supports/supported Palestine: Link .... I wonder if all the corporations that poured money on them will now be labeled as right wing anti-semetic Trump supporting white supremacists Nazis?

I guess stealing land for decades and creating the largest open air prison on the planet comes at a price........who would have thought?
Don't worry: They still blame "white supremacists" for that

Reactions: _47iscool

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh look a newcomer with not so subtle bigotry right out the gate.

NYPost is also a tabloid 🤣

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn, watched the whole thing. Pretty brutal to watch. He REALLY has a chip on his shoulder for "the squad". Politicians all over are saying the same thing, but he just LOVES to pinpoint them even though their responses were just hoping for the killing to stop. The douche in NY talking happily about the killings at the festival was also really hard to watch.

Here's my VERY base level understanding of what has happened there historically :
- Many Jewish refugees couldn't find a place to settle after WW2.
- The US asked them where they wanted, and they said their historical homeland.
- The US shoved them in the middle of an area surrounded by people who didn't want to be displaced and historically don't like them.
- The US, feeling responsible for putting them there, supported them for years and years with money and weapons.
- The Palestinians rejected the new created borders, and there was fighting. During that time, the Israelites had better funding and took even more land.
- Now the Palestinians are relegated to Gaza (Which is walled off completely) and the West Bank (Which is highly occupied illegally by Israel).

Shapiro said that everything is great for them, and they've given 15,000 Palestinians work visas to go into Israel, but when the population is 600,000, that's pretty pitiful. From an outsiders view, it looks like Israel has had their foot on the necks of the Palestinians for a long time, while claiming that they're getting equal treatment.

It's not hard to see why the violence is still ongoing.
To the best of my knowledge, this summary is egregiously wrong. So far as I know, the US had very little role in Jews immigrating to the area that would become Israel. That had been begun over a century earlier in 1840, something that the British (the rulers of the area from 1920-1948) had at times tried to prevent. It generally occurred despite government opposition, not because of government support.

As for US support, while they did provide diplomatic support, it was actually the Soviet Union who initially provided them material support. Whereas the US banned the sale of arms to the Middle East, the Soviet Union provided the Jews with arms. (Obviously things changed pretty quickly following the war and Israel joined the side of the US in the Cold War.)

Nor were the Jews overwhelmingly better supplied than the Arabs; they nearly lost the civil war that preceded the Arab-Israeli war. The US went so far as to withdraw diplomatic support for the partition at one point, believing the war was likely lost. And all of that only covers the war that resulted in Israel's founding. What happened after is even more complicated. Take all of this with a grain of salt however; I make no claims to comprehensive knowledge of the situation. I can only promise that a quick skim of Wikipedia suggests that what I've said is largely correct.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look a newcomer with not so subtle bigotry right out the gate.

NYPost is also a tabloid 🤣

So you won't bother commenting on the content ONLY because the link is from the NYCompost? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Here's an ADL link, happy now? So with the new link, what's your thoughts on a chapter of the BLM movement siding with the Palestinians?
Post automatically merged:

You will need to be FAR more specific, please.

I guess the news also needs to be FAR more specific when it comes to Hamas attacking the IDF and killing civilians.

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many people are in this chapter? Like a percentage breakdown.

What do the other chapters say about it?

Since Chicago is a super small city with a really low black demographic, I'm guessing like 2 people in the entire chapter there and they probably represent something like 0.00001% of BLM causes in total.

As for what other chapters are saying? Hmmmmm, the Indianapolis chapter also supports Palestine but again, really small city, hardly any black people there and probably only has 1 person in their chapter.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Chicago is a super small city with a really low black demographic, I'm guessing like 2 people in the entire chapter there and they probably represent something like 0.00001% of BLM causes in total.

As for what other chapters are saying? Hmmmmm, the Indianapolis chapter also supports Palestine but again, really small city, hardly any black people there and probably only has 1 person in their chapter.
Ah, you don't understand numbers and statistics

SamuraiErikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ben Shapiro plays the religious identity politics cards dangerously while he has a diverse hires a race baiting snake known as Candace Owens who wanted to start a doxing website called Social Autopsy. Yet Ben Shapiro virtue signals with his religious beliefs with his emotional arguments to justify war because of his religious faith. I empathize those who perished & those who got injured for these attacks. I blame both sides this is why I say leave people alone this is why Big Government is the main culprit for this so they can justify war with a tragedy I do blame Hamas for shooting however I blame the Israeli Government & Israeli Intelligence for not taking the warning seriously just like George W. Bush Jr. for 09/11/2001 this is why I can't take a political sides since they want to cater & pander based on political, social, economical, & religious faith based ideologies. I will take everything with a grain of salt no matter who it is because I see it all as opinions however if it's a Receipt/Evidence that is legitimate source that isn't faked or hoaxed unlike Ben Shapiro sharing faked A.I. pictures of burned babies to justify an argument.

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, you don't understand numbers and statistics

Ah, you don't understand sarcasm.

Stop avoiding the question...... 3rd time now?..... what are YOUR thoughts on the Chicago and Indianapolis chapters of BLM supporting Palestine?

"Uh, gee...well..... uh..... I'd answer you but I first need to know how many members those chapters have because uhh.... ummmm...."

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, you don't understand sarcasm.

Stop avoiding the question...... 3rd time now?..... what are YOUR thoughts on the Chicago and Indianapolis chapters of BLM supporting Palestine?

"Uh, gee...well..... uh..... I'd answer you but I first need to know how many members those chapters have because uhh.... ummmm...."
My thoughts are that you're bigoted and using outliers as justification for your bigotry.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This comment you have made explains exactly what is wrong with the way a lot of people think, someone is wrong about one thing and that makes them wrong about everything all the time?
Being pro-imperialism and pro-authoritarian makes you a shitty enough person that nobody intelligent is going to listen to or care about your views on other things, yes.

"Sure, the guy enjoys genocide, but his breakfast cereal tier list is on point!" - nobody ever

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Being pro-imperialism and pro-authoritarian makes you a shitty enough person that nobody intelligent is going to listen to or care about your views on other things, yes.

"Sure, the guy enjoys genocide, but his breakfast cereal tier list is on point!" - nobody ever

Intelligence doesn't ignore things, especially if they are a threat.

Ignoring good ideas because they come from a person that has bad ideas is also stupid, or ignorant if you honestly don't know that everybody has good and bad ideas and points of view. For example, good ideas come out of you... sometimes. A good idea or a good perspective on something is just that. Some people are interested in ideas, and some people are looking for someone to follow. The latter is foolish. That's you.

It's funny, watching you trying to gatekeep intelligence on the basis of feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To the best of my knowledge, this summary is egregiously wrong. So far as I know, the US had very little role in Jews emigrating to the area that would become Israel. That had been begun over a century earlier in 1840, something that the British (the rulers of the area from 1920-1948) had at times tried to prevent. It generally occurred despite government opposition, not because of government support.

As for US support, while they did provide diplomatic support, it was actually the Soviet Union who initially provided them material support. Whereas the US banned the sale of arms to the Middle East, the Soviet Union provided the Jews with arms. (Obviously things changed pretty quickly following the war and Israel joined the side of the US in the Cold War.)

Nor were the Jews overwhelmingly better supplied than the Arabs; they nearly lost the civil war that preceeded the Arab-Israeli war. The US went so far as to withdraw diplomatic support for the partition at one point, believing the war was likely lost. And all of that only covers the war that resulted in Israel's founding. What happened after is even more complicated. Take all of this with a grain of salt however; I make no claims to comprehensive knowledge of the situation. I can only promise that a quick skim of Wikipedia suggests that what I've said is largely correct.
I think "egregiously" is a bit harsh, the basic skeleton of what happened is there, but yes I've been set straight after more study. I was told years ago that it was the US that put them in that area, so it stuck with me. But it was the UK that put them there more than anyone.

This guy does a very good job of breaking down the whole situation:

One thing that I didn't know was that when the UK left the area in 1948, Israel declared itself to be an independent state and displaced even more Palestinians using their military. This of course infuriated the Arabic nations around them, and they had the six day war in 1967 in order to create a unified Arabic state. Israel trounced everyone and took even more land for themselves after that.

In the end, it still comes down to the same issue: They wanted to be put there because of their religion. The people there were pushed around and now have a giant foot on their neck. What we're seeing now is their desperate final struggle before they are wiped out. It's a horribly sad situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe