• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ben Shapiro on the Israel Attacks

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
There's nutters in every race, posting a video by some nut job to try and justify the murder, torture, kidnapping and rape of of innocents by Hamas just shows how demented you are. There's some fucked up racist whack jobs on this forum - if you need to dig around the net looking for something someone said to justify killing babies you are a fucking weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: _47iscool

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nutters in every race, posting a video by some nut job to try and justify the murder, torture, kidnapping and rape of of innocents by Hamas just shows how demented you are. There's some fucked up racist whack jobs on this forum - if you need to dig around the net looking for something someone said to justify killing babies you are a fucking weirdo.

I never said that I supported any of that.

The west needs to withdraw from the Middle-East, and let both sides fight their own war and stop crying about it and childish name-calling.
33DAF3A6.png

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's literally not. As long as things are going smoothly, nobody gives a second thought to who is currently president, and they sure as shit aren't going to church every week to worship politicians. The far right and MAGA are their own unique form of lunacy, whether you want to admit that or not.
Worship is any form of veneration of something beyond its intrinsic value. Just because it is a trained 2nd nature to you, doesn’t change the fact that it is an accumulating respect, to which that you fashion your life around; consciously or otherwise.

An example is that just because you believe being fat is your natural state, it doesn’t make you not a glutton.

I didn't watch the propoganda pish that you posted, the facts are already established and it's clear you are a terrorist supporting anti semite, you are probably one of those twats that goes about calling eveyone that disagrees with you
a racist, when you clearly are an anti semite racist yourself. Anyone that supports these subhuman hamas terrorists are nothing but disgusting lowlife scum and deserves to burn in hell for eternity.

If you don’t review the contents of a post before responding to it, that’s on you. The irony here is that you are playing the racism card while ridiculing the notion of playing the racism card. What makes it even more special is that you are advocating genocide simply because the holy word of the printing press guides you.

Some of these “facts” have been retracted by the very institutions that originally put them into your purview, but pointing that out is “propaganda”, so explain how that works. Review your own code. You’re bugged.

If you are a “service member” who participates in war, you are probably a murderer and supporter of terrorism, but it’s written off just so long as it’s under the appropriate banner. But yeah, call me a racist while stupidly mocking yourself for being “one of those twats”.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: _47iscool

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Worship is any form of veneration of something beyond its intrinsic value. Just because it is a trained 2nd nature to you, doesn’t change the fact that it is an accumulating respect, to which that you fashion your life around; consciously or otherwise.
Voting for someone does not require veneration of that person, it doesn't even require you to like or respect that person. It only signals that you believe they'd be good for the job, or at least better than their opponent(s). So here we are going around in circles again because you need to reach for that false equivalency. Democrats simply do not deify politicians in the same way the Republicans did for GWB and Donald Trump. You might find one or two fringe exceptions which prove the rule, but nothing approaching the mass cult mentality constantly being demonstrated by the right.

You're conflating a concerted effort to erode democracy with the natural state of democracy itself, which is folly. It's far more effective and beneficial to vote for policy platforms rather than personalities.

Last edited by Xzi,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Israel learning from the US about striking hospitals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike
Actually Islamic Jihad fired a missile towards Isreal yesterday (just like the thousands of others they have in the past week and a half), it was a dud and they blew up their own hospital (which they tried to blame Isreal for), so an own goal on their part - which killled over 500 of their own citizens. Apparently the Palestinians are now rioting like trapped rats in a cage,

I wonder what hamas will use for travelling around in once all their tunnels are all flooded?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67141589

Last edited by mrdude,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Voting for someone does not require veneration of that person, it doesn't even require you to like or respect that person.

Veneration of office. Even if you hate the person, elevating their influence and giving them permission over you (and others) is still a form of veneration; the type that matters. I'm not talking about your feelings.

So here we are going around in circles again because you need to reach for that false equivalency.

It is etymologically and logically accurate, as far as I can read. You are using "false equivalency" as a platitude to dismiss the point and you aren't presenting any refutation other than "I don't feel like it's that big of a deal". How convenient of you to check out while the country you elect declares war against humanity.

Democrats simply do not deify politicians in the same way the Republicans did for GWB and Donald Trump.

Not always the "same way", but still to the detriment of life in support of a machine whose primary function is totalitarianism. Both sides look for heroes to lead America as it destabilizes the world and creates more options and futures for wartime investments.

Though, not really related to any point I made, but since you brought it up...

"Chew soap."

*boom* *boom* *boom*

You're conflating a concerted effort to erode democracy with the natural state of democracy itself, which is folly.

How am I conflating two things whose foundation I have stated to not exist? Both suggestions are delusional. Democracy isn't yet tangible. It's an idea, and it doesn't come from cults that decide who to include in their proceedings, when, and how.

It's far more effective and beneficial to vote for policy platforms rather than personalities.

I suppose it would be if that could actually happen. Let me know when you elect a "policy platform". Meanwhile, enjoy the puppet show. Now with 4D and computer generated narratives.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Democracy isn't yet tangible.
It's been "tangible" for hundreds of years. And in the modern day, the absence of democracy lends power to sadistic authoritarians instead, such as Putin and Netanyahu. By your logic, apathy and taking democracy for granted would indicate worship of and reverence for men like that.

I suppose it would be if that could actually happen. Let me know when you elect a "policy platform".
The Trump campaign ran on no policy platform whatsoever, therefore it was a victory for policy platforms in general when Biden won.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's been "tangible" for hundreds of years. And in the modern day, the absence of democracy lends power to sadistic authoritarians instead, such as Putin and Netanyahu. By your logic, apathy and taking democracy for granted would indicate worship of and reverence for men like that.

It has not. For hundreds of years people said that there is a democracy with a larger outcry of people saying that they aren't being represented. Reconcile that. If democracy were tangible, then people wouldn't be crying about their lack of representation. It's a club, operating on a pyramid scheme. New entries will be accepted when growth starts becoming stagnant.

I did suggest that not voting can be counted as a vote of no confidence (or an indication of the non-represented). To suggest that it is a vote for "whoever" is the logic that you presented, to which I have consistently disagreed. Your inference is ham-fisted. It is with enthusiasm that I do not vote nor support the expansion of a centralized government, especially one that tries to play favorites in and exploits intercultural conflict, and one to which I cannot personally audit.

The Trump campaign ran on no policy platform whatsoever, therefore it was a victory for policy platforms in general when Biden won.

Lol. Just shut up. That's the dumbest thing you've said in this thread. The policy platform you elected must be there, somewhere, because "not Trump." How hard are you going to fake being meaningful? In this statement alone you concede that Trump gives you meaning.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It has not. For hundreds of years people said that there is a democracy with a larger outcry of people saying that they aren't being represented. Reconcile that.
Not hard to reconcile. Democracy is not bigoted/xenophobic, but people historically have been.

I did suggest that not voting can be counted as a vote of no confidence (or an indication of the non-represented).
Rather you idealize it to count as such in your head, but the results of voter apathy are still much different in reality.

It is with enthusiasm that I do not vote nor support the expansion of a centralized government, especially one to which I cannot personally audit.
First, that's one hell of an overinflated ego you've got on you, and second, that doesn't excuse apathy when it comes to local elections. I guess maybe you don't give a shit about your own community, either.

Lol. Just shut up. That's the dumbest thing you've said in this thread. The policy platform you elected must be there, somewhere, because "not Trump."
Republican party stopped submitting a national platform before Trump's time, actually. Easier for them to fall back on the Southern Strategy it would seem.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not hard to reconcile. Democracy is not bigoted/xenophobic
Yeah, it's just like god. An idea that you cannot demonstrate in reality. Also, like communism. It is as I said.

Rather you idealize it to count as such in your head, but the results of voter apathy are still much different in reality.
Right. Without democracy, it can only be an ideal. That was the inference. Glad you picked up on it.

First, that's one hell of an overinflated ego you've got on you, and second, that doesn't excuse apathy when it comes to local elections. I guess maybe you don't give a shit about your own community, either.
Maybe I just value my vote more than you do yours. You'll roll over for any old man that's not Trump, and then call it "a platform". Local government also suffers from the same false premise of representation and social interest. The problem is that the government is centralized, so it can never originate from the will of the people. If I personally knew someone who was running for office, more intimately than what's conveyed over the tv radio, I'd consider voting for them. But I wouldn't pretend that I am living in a democracy.

Republican party stopped submitting a national platform before Trump's time, actually. Easier for them to fall back on the Southern Strategy it would seem.
The Republican party is simply supposed to be "less government", but people who buy into that nonsense fall in the same trap as you do. You can't have less government by encouraging more people to get involved in it. The resulting two parties are people who want more government vs. hypocrites, and the con-artists will play both, in an ever-growing institutional entity which values people as currency.

Here's the thing. If Putin or any other dictator did not have other people's "votes" of confidence, they wouldn't be able to do anything by themselves. Because the dictatorial politicians elected in your make-believe "democracy" have your confidence, it enables boots to hit the ground, wars to be waged, and terrorism to grow. When you vote, you throw nuance out the window and say, "I actively welcome the next regime". People who voted against trump gave him tremendous power, because they endorsed the platform on which he won. If five people voted for trump, and nobody else voted, you'd have the laughing stock you pretend that he is.

Instead, you had people vote for because they knew others were voting against, and vice-versa. It was a contagious mob disease and you were apart of making that happen. Trump was a boon for the US's perceived legitimacy just when it was on the way out. I suspect now you are living in the afterglow as people rush to come up with proof of why the US is necessary in the world, hence more war.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's just like god. An idea that you cannot demonstrate in reality.
It's not nearly so mysterious or obtuse as that. Elections demonstrate the democratic process regularly, and not just in the US. You personally might have an inexplicable need to conflate politics with religion/spirituality, but we don't all have your specific weaknesses, now do we?

Local government also suffers from the same false premise of representation and social interest. The problem is that the government is centralized, so it can never originate from the will of the people. If I personally knew someone who was running for office, more intimately than what's conveyed over the tv radio, I'd consider voting for them. But I wouldn't pretend that I am living in a democracy.
Local representatives are not untouchable beings made of light, lmao. If you want to get to know them better before voting for them, that's a fairly easy to accomplish goal, via town/city hall meetings if nothing else. Then again, I'm talking to someone who pretends laziness and apathy are virtues, so I guess that's expecting too much.

Here's the thing. If Putin or any other dictator did not have other people's "votes" of confidence, they wouldn't be able to do anything by themselves.
Don't use the word "votes" when you mean something else completely. Russia has never been a democracy as long as I've lived.

People who voted against trump gave him tremendous power, because they endorsed the platform on which he won.
In what world does that make any logical sense? Trump is currently facing accountability for his criminal actions, one after the other. His business "empire" built on fraud has been taken away from him. That would not be possible if he were still in office. Elections have consequences.

Last edited by Xzi,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I'll admit I don't like Ben Shapiro and find him a bit of a joke, but in this instance he's actually right.

Hopefully, there'll be a way for them to come to an agreement without matters getting even worse as it already is.

i'm not familiar with the host of the video but i agree with you, he's right, these poor people and kids, rest in peace =/.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not nearly so mysterious or obtuse as that. Elections demonstrate the democratic process regularly, and not just in the US. You personally might have an inexplicable need to conflate politics with religion/spirituality, but we don't all have your specific weaknesses, now do we?

I agree that elections have a democratic property, but it doesn’t make the system that they are used to support a democracy. Comparing your belief in the existence of a democracy to another’s belief in the existence in god or communism is not a conflation. The terms remain separate from each other. The parallel exists, and it seems that bothers you. Good.

Local representatives are not untouchable beings made of light, lmao. If you want to get to know them better before voting for them, that's a fairly easy to accomplish goal, via town/city hall meetings if nothing else. Then again, I'm talking to someone who pretends laziness and apathy are virtues, so I guess that's expecting too much.

You regularly pretend that you know Donald Trump and Elon Musk. My point is that I can’t reliably believe to know or understand someone once they’ve decided to don the facade of a public representative. Voting between shit sandwich and turd burger, and calling it “democracy” is lazy and dishonest. It’s even worse when you already know that both candidates are in the interest of the military-industrial complex and expanding political reach; it makes you actively complicit. The fact is that those who actually want less government are not represented, because the thing is an echo-chamber for those who want to play with money and power, and the process only considers the voices of those who support that.

Don't use the word "votes" when you mean something else completely. Russia has never been a democracy as long as I've lived.

Russia has elections. MuSt be A DeMoCraCy. You should be able to read that “votes”=/=votes. There is a reason why the quotes are there, and the point is that signaling of support encourages people to make decisions that they would otherwise not do or be capable of doing, and not a unique concept. Democracy is an ideal to which a consensus is never reached. I could argue that complete anarchy and chaos would be more democratic than whatever the oligarchy of the states is doing.

In what world does that make any logical sense? Trump is currently facing accountability for his criminal actions, one after the other. His business "empire" built on fraud has been taken away from him. That would not be possible if he were still in office. Elections have consequences.

Yeah, keep hitting the undo key and pretend nothing happened. Pretend that he has had no influence either.

I also noticed that you are tacking on this “Elections have consequences” fake virtue while using his businesses and personal life being targeted as evidence. Why not have JFK being shot in the face as another example? If you want to stick to Jan 6th for your pearl clutching, it would be less obtuse, but still obtuse.

Regardless, how you react to Donald Trump does energize his base. The media railing against him pre-election caused a lot of people to rally in support of him. People parroting the media in public, doubly so. The “tyrant” was “democratically elected”. Your shit is broke. Retroactively attacking the guy who exploited that fixes nothing. Especially when the focus of those attacks are on matters wholly unrelated to his political activity. You once got Al Capone on tax fraud. Bless the IRS. Now finance laws will help banks and insurance companies get Trump, "for democracy". Your commitment to delusion is impressive.

At the end of the day, you are just another wanna-be crony whose voice isn't represented. You've already said as much regarding the latter, and your actions prove the primary.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Xzi and plasturion

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as I said before, it's a bit more nuanced than the false equation you're implying of Palestine = Hamas. In general, however, I think it's madness for anyone on the left to support a religion that is intrinsically fanatic AND slanted on the far right, such as Sunni or Shia Islam are.

On the other hand, the left could and should take a stand against the de-humanisation that the right regularly puts in place. So it's a bit of a catch-22 situation.

Hate is easy, understanding isn't. Which is why the messages of the right are always disingenous but fit in 3-word sentences.

I'm implying that some folks on the left are waving PALENSTINIAN flags.

Curious, where do you get your news from, can you name a few sources? (TV and websites please)

Followup questions;

Are you capable of entertaining diametric views, on 'hot button' topics, at the same time inside your brain?

Do you blindly believe that EVERYTHING you see on CNN/MSNBC/left leaning sites is 100% true and accurate?

Do you think that the Bush admin. lied about WMD in Iraq?

Do you think Hillary Clinton should have been charged for any crimes regarding her mail server?

Do you think Obama should be prosecuted for authorizing drone strikes which have led to the murder of hundreds of innocent civilians?

Do you think Biden is lying about being involved in his son's China business dealings?

Do you think it was OK for Biden to PUBLICLY state he was withholding money for Ukraine until the prosecutor investigating Hunter's dealing with Burisma was fired?

What's your opinions on the classified documents that Biden was storing at his garage?

Do you think Hunter's laptop was a Russian, fake news story?

Do you think Ashley Biden's diary was fake news?

Do you think Israel or Hamas fired that rock at the hospital which led to the deaths of hundreds of innocent people?

Do any of these terms ring a bell?
  • Operation Mockingbird
  • The Church Committee
  • Operation Northwoods
  • CIA Family Jewels
  • JSOU Blogs and Military Information Strategy
  • Operation Earnest Voice
I'll leave you with this:

us shrinking israel.png

Spend some time researching this: Palestine Nakba

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Comparing your belief in the existence of a democracy to another’s belief in the existence in god or communism is not a conflation.
Only contrasting would make any logical sense in this context. Democracy keeps on going whether you "believe" in it or not. It's not omniscient or omnipresent. It's just a system of people doing jobs, no point in trying to mystify it. Same deal with communism, just a system of governance and economic theory rolled into one. If your politicians are also your gods, that's entirely a you problem.

You regularly pretend that you know Donald Trump and Elon Musk. My point is that I can’t reliably believe to know or understand someone once they’ve decided to don the facade of a public representative.
Elon Musk isn't running for any office, and Trump lived the vast majority of his life in the public eye before running for office. You can absolutely profile people with that kind of exposure. Turns out, the magic ingredient with billionaires is always narcissism and/or megalomania.

The fact is that those who actually want less government are not represented, because the thing is an echo-chamber for those who want to play with money and power, and the process only considers the voices of those who support that.
Those "people" are called corporations, and they do have an outsized influence on the US government. One of the many ways that US democracy is indeed flawed, I'll not dispute that.

You should be able to read that “votes”=/=votes. There is a reason why the quotes are there, and the point is that signaling of support encourages people to make decisions that they would otherwise not do or be capable of doing, and not a unique concept.
A dictator can simply say everyone supports him even if the reality is that almost nobody does. Putin has never concerned himself with the popularity of his actions.

Democracy is an ideal to which a consensus is never reached.
You cannot reach a total consensus on anything in this world without coercion/threats of violence. That doesn't make minority rule or authoritarianism the preferable option, as you're seemingly suggesting.

I also noticed that you are tacking on this “Elections have consequences” fake virtue while using his businesses and personal life being targeted as evidence.
You know as well as I do that his crimes extend to his time in office too. He would be immune to ALL prosecution if he were re-elected, so yes, I'll say again, elections have consequences. For better and worse.

Retroactively attacking the guy who exploited that fixes nothing.
Entirely incorrect. If Nixon and GWB had been prosecuted for their crimes, Trump never would've run for office in the first place. The precedent has to be established at some point, and it's better late than never. I'm guessing you wouldn't be so angry about that self-correction if it was anybody else bearing the brunt of it.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters