ROM Hack Continuing Smash Bros. TURBO'D

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you add easier dash dancing, remove grab delays and/or allow the dash animation to be cancelled into crouch or downsmash? Imo it makes the game feel even smoother and faster.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add easier dash dancing, remove grab delays and/or allow the dash animation to be cancelled into crouch or downsmash? Imo it makes the game feel even smoother and faster.
I certainly can, I've started to work on that yesterday actually, though I'll be on vacation tomorrow so it won't come until around the end of the month

Reactions: joyoshi

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I posted here. Have all-star and classic mode been made playable yet? I'd like to see all the wackiness you're cramming into this new mod, but also have classic and all-star modes available. I might just give this thing yet another go...infinite recoveries sounds VERY intriguing.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I posted here. Have all-star and classic mode been made playable yet? I'd like to see all the wackiness you're cramming into this new mod, but also have classic and all-star modes available. I might just give this thing yet another go...infinite recoveries sounds VERY intriguing.
I already said I can't fix the classic mode/all star mode crash. I wanted this to be a multilayer mod, because it's super stupid and silly to see people doing funny stuff.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe all-star and classic are easily fixed... Out of what I've experimented with, just about any animcmd change gives these gamemodes a slight likelihood of crashing, increasing in instability the more characters you hack. This mod, with absolutely everyone hacked, gives these gamemodes a basically 100% crash rate.

In other words, it's either a glitch with the Sm4shCommand program (which only @Sammi Husky can fix, but I don't think its his program's fault) or SaltySD itself, so we can't do anything about it with this mod.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well...at least the stadium events are playable (as well as smash run) and with everyone having more jumps (at least 4), plus infinite recoveries and all sorts of turbo silliness, I've GOT to give this thing another try! XD

Imagine seeing Mewtwo spamming his teleport all over the place, and being able to swing his tail like he's having a caffeine AND sugar rush in fast-forward...

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well...at least the stadium events are playable (as well as smash run) and with everyone having more jumps (at least 4), plus infinite recoveries and all sorts of turbo silliness, I've GOT to give this thing another try! XD

Imagine seeing Mewtwo spamming his teleport all over the place, and being able to swing his tail like he's having a caffeine AND sugar rush in fast-forward...
That silliness is the reason this mod exists.
Oh, some hit boxes are still super broken, like Lucina in general and Ryu. I will be fixing them when I get back from vacation.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had an epic 99-stock battle between Mewtwo (me) and Samus. Mewtwo stomped. Hard. Of course, I was only playing against a level-3 Samus. Maybe adding more opponents or upping the difficulty...? I don't want anything too cheap, though (level 9 is just plain...WRONG). I might try level-6 AI next time.

Overall, a really good game, but Little Mac is broken (he gets "stuck" sometimes, and his Giga Mac transformation taunt only works once for some reason).

Maybe you could add where using a recovery move does NOT place you in a special-fall state...? That way, you could continue to jump after using your recovery move (if you have jumps left), or use other special moves or aerial attacks.

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had an epic 99-stock battle between Mewtwo (me) and Samus. Mewtwo stomped. Hard. Of course, I was only playing against a level-3 Samus. Maybe adding more opponents or upping the difficulty...? I don't want anything too cheap, though (level 9 is just plain...WRONG). I might try level-6 AI next time.

Overall, a really good game, but Little Mac is broken (he gets "stuck" sometimes, and his Giga Mac transformation taunt only works once for some reason).

Maybe you could add where using a recovery move does NOT place you in a special-fall state...? That way, you could continue to jump after using your recovery move (if you have jumps left), or use other special moves or aerial attacks.
Not having special fall is not possible yet.
Little Mac's taunt final smash sound work multiple times, not sure what's wrong there.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use this mod with a friend online? Even if they don't have the mod? I've tried multiple times but the game just desyncs.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Word: it would be best if this modpack had actual staggered releases. The last time I updated was probably a month ago, so if I play with someone today (not knowing what Smash Turbo'd version they have ) I'd likely desync. It'd be easier to have spread out releases as small edits that are frequently pushed out can break the multiplayer game for people that don't update every week.
That, or name the releases: "Smash Turbo'd 0.8" up to where development is seen to be finished at Turbo'd 1.0.

Reactions: krz0001

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word: it would be best if this modpack had actual staggered releases. The last time I updated was probably a month ago, so if I play with someone today (not knowing what Smash Turbo'd version they have ) I'd likely desync. It'd be easier to have spread out releases as small edits that are frequently pushed out can break the multiplayer game for people that don't update every week.
That, or name the releases: "Smash Turbo'd 0.8" up to where development is seen to be finished at Turbo'd 1.0.
I don't really worry about that kind of release schedule, I'm not that organized of a guy. It's also had no updates because of finals and vacation, but I plan to fix that when I get back late July.
As for naming the releases, I have no idea when I'll be finished, so I don't want to go through the trouble.
Idk if it's me, but ROB doesn't seem turbo'd, and sonic doesn't have 4 jumps. May be me accidentally deleting something though.
I need to go back and fix some characters (like R.O.B. and Ryu). Also, I don't think Sonic can have more than 2 jumps. I have no idea why that is, but I will try and find out when I get back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, xbox 320?