Dealing with the upcoming pokemon black and white flood

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since I remember the last messes with big releases I had a strange idea. When the Pokemon Black and white roms are dumbed, there will be more than likely an AP on them. And we all know the huge mess that is going to cause. So as an idea, I think the site should lock out the Register button for a few days/weeks so we don't get as many people coming on all at once. It won't solve nor stop the problem, but it will make the site a little easier to mange without all the new accounts being made all at once.
As well another idea was given to me by CamulaHikari. If not that not allow low levels during X amount of time not be allowed to make new topics. Again it won't completely solve the problem, but after the last mess this site went there, I think we should seriously bunker down the site so we don't have a repeat of last few times.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
haflore said:
We could just do what we did before:

1. Complain in preparation. [In progress...]
2. Become annoyed at false reports of an early release. [Already had one of those.]
3. When it really is released, wade through people asking if it works(walks) on R4, and trying to sneak in links.
4. Report/create threads about the Game(Pokemon).
5. Find the strange/funny ones and make fun of them in the EoF.
6. Be shocked at how small the flood was compared to our expectations.
7. Look forward in horror to the next really huge release.

This has always worked before, let's keep doing it!
laugh.gif
I'm amazed, you got all the steps right.
laugh.gif

This quote speaks the truth. :3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but community input is not something we need during an upcoming big game release. We've handled Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon HG/SS (English), Dragon Quest IX, and many other big game releases this year and we've been fine. The mods will handle it like they always do and it'll work like usual: lock unnecessary topics, remove rule breaking posts, and that's it. It works. Saying we need to lock off new members and lock off topic creation is just stupid. I mean, we do thrive on people going to GBAtemp, seeing the ShopTemp thing, and buying shit off ShopTemp. We get more users when Pokemon comes around, we get more views on ShopTemp.

tl;dr: They don't need community input on this, it'll be fine.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
No offense, but community input is not something we need during an upcoming big game release. We've handled Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon HG/SS (English), Dragon Quest IX, and many other big game releases this year and we've been fine. The mods will handle it like they always do and it'll work like usual: lock unnecessary topics, remove rule breaking posts, and that's it. It works. Saying we need to lock off new members and lock off topic creation is just stupid. I mean, we do thrive on people going to GBAtemp, seeing the ShopTemp thing, and buying shit off ShopTemp. We get more users when Pokemon comes around, we get more views on ShopTemp.

tl;dr: They don't need community input on this, it'll be fine.

YEAH, BUT we had the japanese releases(take hg/ss) That was eh heavy, and how bout Spirit Tracks cannot remember it anymore...

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man you guy should just put "NOOBS ARE NOT WELCOME" on the front page..
because that's the message you're sending out..

this site went from a flash cart community to a "I don't want to help noob" forum

so here's my idea

make a thread on the front page call it "Pokemon discussion"
let people know (in big red letters), that thread is for Pokemon black/white discussion
and any new (pokemon) topic posted outside of that thread will be deleted

all we have to do is, the people who wants to help noobs can and the angry people who don't want to help can just ignore it...
mod who moniter their section of the forum, will just have to delete and/or move all new pokemon black/white topic outside of the "pokemon dicussion" thread

is ignoring a dumb topic really that difficult?

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
man you guy should just put "NOOBS ARE NOT WELCOME" on the front page..
because that's the message you're sending out..

this site went from a flash cart community to a "I don't want to help noob" forum

so here's my idea

make a thread on the front page call it "Pokemon discussion"
let people know (in big red letters), that thread is for Pokemon black/white discussion
and any new (pokemon) topic posted outside of that thread will be deleted

all we have to do is, the people who wants to help noobs can and the angry people who don't want to help can just ignore it...
mod who moniter their section of the forum, will just have to delete and/or move all new pokemon black/white topic outside of the "pokemon dicussion" thread

is ignoring a dumb topic really that difficult?

Gotta agree with his plan

Ill be playing Pokemon White while watching FRED the movie
even though i hate FRED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls