• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, but I renamed the eboots to the name of the game.

The advantage of pbps is that the file size is smaller than that of isos and the ability to put multiple discs in one pbp. You have only a single file for every game!

Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: Ty_

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tested with RetroNX 0.9.8

Driver:
Input Driver = switch
Video Driver = switch
Audio Driver = switch_thread

Video:
Threaded Video = on

Bios files in system folder: scph5000.bin, scph5502.bin, scph5552.bin, scph1000.bin, scph1001.bin, scph1002.bin

Games: Warcraft II, Castlevania Sotn, Scullmonkeys

Last edited by Muxi,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@m4xw Do you think it's possible to get an installable NSP from "retroarch_switch.nro" to run from the main menu, as well as with RetroNX?

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@grabman Where did you get the file from? There is no NSP in the release.

Is there a difference to the version of m4xw and the nightly from the buildbot of today?

Last edited by Muxi,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is it like to update Retroarch? Does the entire release have to be replaced, or is it only necessary to replace certain data? What's up with the included update feature? Is that synonymous with the switch?

Last edited by Muxi,

aboreal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
he didnt. He probably didnt even bother changing a single setting

Will you continue improving the emulator after the next oficial release? It would be great if you get heavy shaders and filters running full speed on 16 Bits !

Congrats for the bounty!

Cheers!

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it like to update Retroarch? Does the entire release have to be replaced, or is it only necessary to replace certain data? What's up with the included update feature? Is that synonymous with the switch?

You will have to replace the whole package this time. And the included update feature works outside of the normal HOS software update. it uses RetroArch's servers.

Reactions: Ty_ and Muxi
D

Deleted-351540

Seeing nightlies up on the RA website pleases me. Does this make you an official Retroarch developer now, m4xw? Cause if so, that's awesome.
Tested with RetroNX 0.9.8

Driver:
Input Driver = switch
Video Driver = switch
Audio Driver = switch_thread

Video:
Threaded Video = on

Bios files in system folder: scph5000.bin, scph5502.bin, scph5552.bin, scph1000.bin, scph1001.bin, scph1002.bin

Games: Warcraft II, Castlevania Sotn, Scullmonkeys
How did Skullmonkeys run? Last time I tried, it had a graphical glitch where the background and ground would randomly disappear making it unplayable.

Last edited by ,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seeing nightlies up on the RA website pleases me. Does this make you an official Retroarch developer now, m4xw? Cause if

How did Skullmonkeys run? Last time I tried, it had a graphical glitch where the background and ground would randomly disappear making it unplayable.
I played the first levels without any problems.

Reactions: Deleted-351540

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get audio crackling in the few PSX games tested: SOTN, Suikoden II, etc. But video is performance is fantastic.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I get audio crackling in the few PSX games tested: SOTN, Suikoden II, etc. But video is performance is fantastic.
Video threaded on
Try changing the audio driver (restart RA), change resampler quality etc.
Nothing changed. Also change core options.

Reactions: sorabora

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video threaded on
Try changing the audio driver (restart RA), change resampler quality etc.
Nothing changed. Also change core options.

Thank you. Should have mentioned that video threading was on (per advice previously posted). But I did not attempt your other suggestions. Will do and report back.

one quick question: if PSX and SNES are going to be the vast majority of my emulation playing, should I just leave video threading on all the time, or will that negatively affect SNES games and thus, switch back and forth? I don't mind, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again.

Last edited by sorabora,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
To explain again, because there will be a few new people running PSX games in the near future I suppose.

Many of us convert PSX .bin/.cue images into .pbp format simply to safe space. (PSX games had filler files, to get them pressed on a CD, if you compress them (which .pbp does) they get reduced to basically 0kb - which saves about 30-80% of space. On most games closer to 30%.

The tool to use for that is psx2psp - which already can handle multi disc games fine, but has issues, if a PSX release comes with multiple .bin files - per CD (f.e. separate audio and data track, Castlevania SOTN is one such case, but there are others), because psx2psp can only handle games with one bin file per CD.

To address that, a solution (that converts the cue sheet and all attached bin files into a different image format and then back into a cue/bin, but this time only with one bin file) is linked twice in this thread a few pages back.

This has nothing to do with the Castlevania SOTN "remove black letterbox bars" romhack, that also was linked a few pages back. The hack btw. is tested and working on the Switch under retroarch.

I've also written down basically a step by step on how to apply the patch. Dont skip checking md5 hashes, and if your game dump is exactly as expected before patching, you'll be fine.

As Castlevania SOTN is one of those games with two .bin files for one CD in the release - you then have to use said linked method to make a .pbp out of it, if you wish to. That is tested and working as well. Both with a patched and the unpatched version.

Last edited by notimp,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
one quick question: if PSX and SNES are going to be the vast majority of my emulation playing, should I just leave video threading on all the time, or will that negatively affect SNES games and thus, switch back and forth? I don't mind, just wanted to be sure.
If theres no need to turn it on, let it off.
You could also try the PSP PS1 bios to lower emulation requirements.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wherever you want to.
You can set the location of your roms in the settings under the option "Directory"

Last edited by Muxi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already