Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitsoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It solves the problem because you won’t need to copy 4GB+ nsp files to the card anymore. They get installed over network.

The exFAT issue corrupts the files. Actual damage to the card is unlikely.
So we can just format our cards to FAT32 once that happens, correct? Are any of the files inside an NSP that get installed ever found to be >4 GB?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So we can just format our cards to FAT32 once that happens, correct? Are any of the files inside an NSP that get installed ever found to be >4 GB?
All eShop installs are split into 4GB chunks regardless of how your card is formatted.

Reactions: Bitsoft

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just be aware that you can't put any file over 4gb in size on a fat32 card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah it started ingame with Sonic 2 and was still happening when I pulled up the retroarch menu.
If it happens on the menu, then u dont have the updated core.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to be that guy but, what's the best configuration to play PlayStation with the better specs on widescreen? Whenever I look in the menu I just can put fullscreen and that's it. Is there some way to put a filter there or something. The best way to experience the pS1 games .Thank you. Working great, it's a blast to have them back and running on such a great console thanks to your efforts.

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be that guy but, what's the best configuration to play PlayStation with the better specs on widescreen? Whenever I look in the menu I just can put fullscreen and that's it. Is there some way to put a filter there or something. The best way to experience the pS1 games .Thank you. Working great, it's a blast to have them back and running on such a great console thanks to your efforts.
In video settings set integer scale to off and aspect ratio to 16:9 if you want fullscreen stretching. If you mean like higher internal resolution then no that won't be supported I don't think till gpu acceleration happens. I don't think filters work at the moment except for maybe bi linear filter but I'm not sure about that either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it happens on the menu, then u dont have the updated core.
I installed the newest stable build but maybe I somehow ended up with the wrong files. I'll try it again later.

Last edited by Clapmaster,
Reactions: nWo

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed the newest stable build but maybe I somehow ended up with the wrong files. I'll try it again later.
It can happen in game if it really fails on every fucking single frame :P
Menu fuzz indicates old code.

Anyway:
Nightlies have been updated:
-Core specific Splash/Menu, including samples for Snes9x, Snes9x2010 and PSCX made by DanilAran64
-No longer freeze if no Menu files are found (still think font is needed for now :/), will default to black
-Split Joycon (set the split_joycon option in the config via your computer to true, will default to Split joycons once 1 Joycon is deattached from the console. Defaults to false)
Note: You can't access the menu in this mode without changing the Keybinds for that (for now)
-Further stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
https://m4xw.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/yPGqawzbLKirNk5

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reading all this exFat corruption warnings maybe I should stay with Fat32 although I was planning to switch to exFat.
Only problem I'm still facing then is using NSPs bigger than 4 GB as there's still no way to split (and use) big NSP files or convert them into cartridge images (XCI) to use them splited.
I know this is a little off topic but it's affected directly by the SD format concerns.
How do you Fat32 guys handle that? Don't you use Switch backups (bigger than 4 GB) at all?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reading all this exFat corruption warnings maybe I should stay with Fat32 although I was planning to switch to exFat.
Only problem I'm still facing then is using NSPs bigger than 4 GB as there's still no way to split (and use) big NSP files or convert them into cartridge images (XCI) to use them splited.
I know this is a little off topic but it's affected directly by the SD format concerns.
How do you Fat32 guys handle that? Don't you use Switch backups (bigger than 4 GB) at all?
.xci files can of course be split. As for .nsp files, the upcoming network install feature for Tinfoil will solve that problem.

All games actually install in 4GB chunks regardless of file format.

Reactions: lordelan

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
.xci files can of course be split. As for .nsp files, the upcoming network install feature for Tinfoil will solve that problem.

All games actually install in 4GB chunks regardless of file format.

Wrong thread guys. Sorry but nsp/xci don't matter to me.

Note: Until research is finished i advise to use FAT32 - as always.

Reactions: lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The exFat issue sure is interesting.
Has there been anyway to like pinpoint exactly which people are experiencing it?

To begin with, from those people with the exFat issue, how did you update?
Manually or officially?
That could be a starting point at least.
Unless it's a bug in the exFat implementation of the SD driver in libnx.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The exFat issue sure is interesting.
Has there been anyway to like pinpoint exactly which people are experiencing it?

To begin with, from those people with the exFat issue, how did you update?
Manually or officially?
That could be a starting point at least.
Unless it's a bug in the exFat implementation of the SD driver in libnx.
Perhaps we should move this discussion into a separate thread to keep this clean from too much off topic:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/poll-fat32-vs-exfat-issue-discussion.514801/

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
C64 core, but the menu is broken, but hey it loads the screen heh
Won't work on this now since my wrist is fucked. Back to doing nothing..
2018081317404000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018081317403600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Attachments

• broken_menu_c64.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 215

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, no real way around this. I've just started using CFW on my dedicated "4hax" Switch and decided to get a second microSD for RetroNX - I really wanted to reformat my larger MicroSD to exFat to play around with .nsp files. I'll swap the microSDs around depending on whether I feel like retro gaming or playing Switch backups.

Not as convenient as we'd all like and some might be reluctant to buy a new card, but I personally find I don't need a lot of storage for RetroNX and the backups I'm interested in; a lot of people would get away with a smaller microSD for their emulation needs. (For example, 16GB Sandisk MicroSD is going for £5.99 on Amazon).

Perhaps at some point there will be support for split .nsps that will mean you can use a single microSD.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to mount the sd in the dosbox core but it says the sd doesn't exist, any ideas?

Edit: it's sdmc not sd

couldnt get it to boot a win 95 img oh well

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
noob question.
why does all of the emulator does not friendly with exfat ?
what kind of risk I'm dealing with if my 256 gb exfat installed retroNX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1