Do many people really HATE Apple that much?

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iOS is actually pretty good, but its too simple.
I love android because every app does have an alternative, so you can personalize your phone very deep!
I never had seen alternative keyboards for the ipad on cydia with 5 rows and ios 5 compitable, on my android device i can choose between 30 different keyboards that all have a unique point why people use it, but with apple stuff you can't decide to swype or type or theme the keyboard.
Apple did made 1 style thats populair with the most people, but the people that want something other(lets say 49% for simplicity) won't buy a ios device if you let see them the advantages of a GOOD android device(not $200 crap).
A unrooted android device still can do more than a jailbroken apple device, and android is actually easy to use. not that much as ios but most people will get used to it.
(i don't get what's so user-friendly about blackberrys, you need to navigate trough 9 menus to change a PIN. and some people say that android is harder than bb os :s)

And i don't want an iPad, the UI is just a big ipod touch UI.
The UI of android 4.x is much better for tablets than the UI of ios5(5x5 apps grid on a 10" screen :s)

But i don't hate apple, i'am just not the 51% of the people apple made their devices for

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think a lot of the hate can also be attributed to justin long. apple comes up in a discussion and probably his face pops into people's minds and rage ensues.

I don't know what you're talking about, it's because of those commercials that I sorta wanted to buy an iProduct in the first place. It's like Kevin Butler. When Sony created him, I wanted to get a PS3. lol.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I don't HATE Apple. I've had an iPod Nano, and was really happy with it, I've had an iPhone and was really happy with it too. I just hate Mac OS, and all of their computers. They're overpriced and are nowhere near what I expect from a computer.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apple is an overly-aggressive and self-righteous company. They chase anyone who releases something even remotely similar to their hardware like dogs while at the same time they "borrow" ideas from their competition, they had the gut to belittle Intel in the age of Pentium II and look at them now - a few years later when they realized that they can't fit any more obsolete G cores, they released a campaign to welcome the Intel processors on Mac's. They praise their system for being safe while in fact it's just that nobody gives a sh*t about it. They're the only company who thinks that it's possible to patent a black rectangle. The only company that thinks abstract ideas like "icon" can be intellectual property. They sell obsolete hardware for more than it's worth and they release corporate spyware such as iTunes just to make the life of their customers more annoying. They're also the only company which tried to convince people that their product is totally not an mp3 player. "It's an iPOD!". Do I hate them? I pity them and their customers. Enjoy your system stability. No thanks to Apple, thanks to UNIX. You know, because Android is stolen technology that deserves to be destroyed because it's based on Linux, MacOS isn't because it's based on UNIX. Hypocrites.
This basically sums up how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm a complete fAndroid, but I can totally understand why some people would like Apple products as opposed to the competition. Heck, when people ask my opinion on what smartphone to buy, I often direct them to the iPhone because it's so easy to use. But that said, I have SERIOUS issues with Apple's business practices, even compared to others who can be pretty bad themselves.

Reactions: 1 person

toptenmaterial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'd consider myself an Apple user, since I've done nearly all of my web browsing on an iPhone 3GS since... late 2010? Surfing the web and gathering information with an iOS device is a breeze. The hardware is very durable, and that's a rarity these days. But, that being said...

There is limited tech support. I had a tech try to charge me $30 over the phone for a question about putting a song on my phone. Nintendo, on the other hand, has unlimited support for free.

They also use their firmware updates to lock out 3rd party devices like power adapters ($30 a pop) and iHome type stuff. In my opinion, that is very greedy and mean spirited behavior, and has caused some resentment from me towards Apple.

Are they among the best companies for producing mobile devices? Yes, unquestionably. However, I feel that they also should treat their consumers a little better.

snakepliskin2334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope i love apple computers and there products when they want to work i have a ipod classic and its worked fine for over year and i half had to replace because of battery problems for only like 60$ at a apple store might make the switch to the 160 model soon still have the 120gb one

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't hate Apple products that much, just the blind fan boys/girls that are the equivalent of over-zealot religious nut.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate the company, it's stolen idea products, it's ridiculous status symbol pricing, it's ego and it's fanboys who do anything to defend it as if it's their own.

I cannot wait till they hit the skids again (now Steve Jobs is away and cannot return to pull their asses from marketing hell again) and someone/something else takes their place.
Then I'll probably hate them!!!! LOL

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate the company, it's stolen idea products, it's ridiculous status symbol pricing, it's ego and it's fanboys who do anything to defend it as if it's their own.

I cannot wait till they hit the skids again (now Steve Jobs is away and cannot return to pull their asses from marketing hell again) and someone/something else takes their place.
Then I'll probably hate them!!!! LOL
At least you're honest. :P

Anyway, I could care less who copies who, etc. I just hate the fact that they just tweak pre-existing ideas, market them as entirely new ideas that THEY invented, and then have the audacity to get patents (that they do NOT deserve) and then sue everyone they possibly can.

Reactions: 3 people

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I like about apple...
user friendly, good hardware, not too glitchy, good customer support.

here is what i dislike about apple...
EXPENSIVEEEE... they charge so much for a comparable product whether it be a computer, tablet, or phone and people always buy it anyways.

Breaks easily... my ipod classic broke after about two years. I didn't misuse it at all. My younger bro's i touch broke within a year and they did replace it because of the warranty but the new one won't play music to left headphone after the warranty expired.

The operating systems look flashy and nice but the over simplicity of the design is often obnoxious. for example i hate that the iphone does not have a back button, setting button, or search button like my droid x2 does. i remember a super thin laptop they made didn't have a disc drive.
They make lots of new products that are just the same as the old ones with a slightly different feature.

No sd cards on iphone.... seriously???

itunes....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZqfvgUOWU (STRONG LANGUAGE)

I don't hate apple because they make good products I don't think they are the best products. If they are as good as the best products then they are still way more expensive than they should be. Despite all of this, people will buy an ipad, iphone, or mac book just because it is apple and they want to be hip. Apple has lines anytime they make a new release even if it is something just a small upgrade to an iphone. they know people are going to buy their stuff no matter the cost so they don't have to be that competitive to greatly succeed.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
They don't try and be innovative to compete - instead, they take out lawsuits against their superior competitors.
That alone should make you hate them.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
so they came up with the unibody aluminum cases, the ipad, the iphone etc by suing people?
What they've done in the past really doesn't have any bearing on what they do now. They've made some cool innovations in the past, but even then, those were mostly tweaks of pre-existing ideas. The iPod was inspired by the fact that Steve Jobs found standard MP3 players to be "ugly," for example. So he tweaked the design and made a "better" version of the MP3 player: the iPod. But was the portable music player an Apple innovation? none at all.

Also, it should be noted that the iPhone and iPad were not original designs... LG (I think it was LG? I might be getting confused with another company) created an EXTREMELY similar smartphone a year or so before the iPhone was announced, and Bill Gates presented the Tablet PC nearly a decade before the iPad was. Ironically, people are calling M$'s new "Surface" tablet a ripoff of the iPad, even though the iPad likely ripped off M$'s Tablet PC years ago.

But that's all off topic: The point is, Apple is starting to leave it's truly innovative ways, and turning to BS lawsuits to keep competitors out of the ring, instead of just doing the honest thing: Designing products much better than the competition and running them out of business. But Apple doesn't WANT to modify it's standard business model and actually get on the bleeding edge of technology with 4G, etc and other things that competitors offer because they're too arrogant, quite frankly. Apple won't make a 4+ inch iPhone because they're convinced there's no need. Apple has waited so long in make 4G tablets and phones because they're convinced "there's no need," even though customers are turning away from them 1 by 1 for features the competitors offer. And instead of Apple "giving" in the customer's desires for 4G and 4inch screens before it's too late, they decide to be arrogant and try to "affirm" their dominance by destroying the competition with underhanded legalities instead.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even read any of the posts, but my main reasons for hating Apple are:

Expensive. They charge way too much for way too little. I compared the price of my desktop I built with the closest replica of a Mac and a PC I could f ind. My build cost me a little under $350. The PC was $600. The Mac was $1100. That's retarded.

Terrible customer support (or at least in the 3 times I've dealt with them). I posted a story a while back about how I had broken my iPod touch by dropping it onto a carpeted floor from less than 3 feet in the air. Figuring the screen must of had a defect, I called Apple up and told them the story. Their response? "I'm sorry sir, you must have dropped it too hard". Lolwut? How can you drop something to hard? It was laying on my bed, then it slide off. So that was retarded.

Everybody likes them because their "popular". I see and hear so many people complain about their iDevices and Apple's prices, but they won't buy anything else cuz "that's lame". Plus most of those people always seem to break them, whether it's the screen, the headphone jack, or the charger port

I also hate the lack of customization iPod Touches/iPhones/iPads have (or have they changed that? I had a 2nd gen and a 4th gen [when it first came out] so I dunno)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, it should be noted that the iPhone and iPad were not original designs... LG (I think it was LG? I might be getting confused with another company) created an EXTREMELY similar smartphone a year or so before the iPhone was announced, and Bill Gates presented the Tablet PC nearly a decade before the iPad was. Ironically, people are calling M$'s new "Surface" tablet a ripoff of the iPad, even though the iPad likely ripped off M$'s Tablet PC years ago.

no LG did not. and if you are thinking samsung they did not either, they had a really ugly looking phone coming out and soon after the iphone announcement their design changed drastically, they even admit to copying except in korea copying = competing.

and the tablet pc is nothing like the ipad in functionality.

and what do people expect from apple every year but gradual improvements? they got it pretty close to right in the all their products, should they jsut abandon them completely and reinvent everything as soon as a competitor copies it?

"holy shit, samsung just reproduced our ipad verbatim including the look of iOS, lets throw this design in the trash and come up with a whole to product to stay competitive, we wouldn't want trolls to think all we do is sue"

EDIT: i got my reason for hating on apple, but they are nitpicky things. and for the price point, there are such things as luxury items. hating something because you can't afford it is just silly. it's not like you don't have choices.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
They don't try and be innovative to compete - instead, they take out lawsuits against their superior competitors.
That alone should make you hate them.

so they came up with the unibody aluminum cases, the ipad, the iphone etc by suing people?
Strawman detected.
Aluminium unibody was being used before Macbooks, and don't let them tell you otherwise. PDA-phones had existed for years before the iPhone and Android was rapidly nearing 1.0 The iPad is a tablet, which has been around almost as long as laptops.
Open your fucking eyes, man. I'm typing this on a Macbook pro and it sickens me. Apple is a horrible company who crib ideas off other companies, patent them, then sue the original IP creators. It's horrible and they should burn to the fucking ground.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
no LG did not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada

AHEM.

Strawman detected.
Aluminium unibody was being used before Macbooks, and don't let them tell you otherwise. PDA-phones had existed for years before the iPhone and Android was rapidly nearing 1.0 The iPad is a tablet, which has been around almost as long as laptops.
Open your fucking eyes, man. I'm typing this on a Macbook pro and it sickens me. Apple is a horrible company who crib ideas off other companies, patent them, then sue the original IP creators. It's horrible and they should burn to the fucking ground.
Not to mention Steve Jobs said HIMSELF he was inspired to create the iPad after seeing a friend's tablet PC and saying it sucked because it required a stylus. Again, he just tweaked an already existing design (for the better, no less)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It must be poop day