• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you reckon guns should be banned in the U.S.? (Please vote)

Should guns be banned in the U.S.?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 50.9%
  • No.

Votes: 81 49.1%

• Total voters

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking particularly for a discussion, but to see in terms of votes how many would want a self-defense weapon to be outlawed.

Thanks.

chief18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Absolutely yes, I'm not American but from outside (I'm from Italy and nothing like this has ever happened afaik) it seems crazy to me how easy is to get a gun in the USA.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you need a gun to feel like a big toughie maybe take a look at yourself
Since it fits so well, I'm going to post it here again:

The government should require everyone to strip naked of their clothes and hand them to the government. The government will in turn pretend that everyone is dressed, and offer a police service that you can call, when somebody shows signs that he/she/they is aware that you have no clothes on, for this will be illegal. For every misconduct that is caused by all that nakedness, the police is trained to respond quickly. If the government cynically is aware of you being naked without telling you, you can vote in another system, that is not aware of your nakedness. Basically there will be a whole system you can fully trust around you being naked without anyone noticing.

elpapadelospollitos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think just permitting personal handguns is okay, you keep the right to defend yourself and limit the risk to hurt others.

I don't really understand why they allow the purchase of equipment like shotguns, rifles, machines guns, etc. These are the most used in spree shootings for obvious reasons.

Doing this won't really eradicate mass killings but it will certainly water them down to just a few casualties if all the killer only has it's a pistol with an extended charger.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
As someone living in a country where all guns are banned by default i can't understand why the US is doing the opposite. Needing a permit is the right way in my opinion.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
no, if we ban guns, then no more cars, baseball bats, or anything else that can cause damage.

if we ban one self defense weapon, we must ban all self defense weapons, since everyone can kill with those.
Guns are literally made for one thing. Cars, Baseball Bats etc. aren't

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree, drivers licenses and gun licenses.

gun licenses should be renewed every 10 years, along with background check.

20220605_191416.jpg

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing you think the precedented regulations are too much, and not the, uh, child deaths.
great, we're getting back to the "if you don't ban guns, you're a child murderer!" shtick almost everyone on the anti gun side seems to love.

One child death is too many, but a background check and license would stop 75% of those deaths.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, we're getting back to the "if you don't ban guns, you're a child murderer!" shtick almost everyone on the anti gun side seems to love.
I don't remember saying anything about banning guns.

One child death is too many, but a background check and license would stop 75% of those deaths.
The kinds of regulations I've referenced would have prevented every Uvalde death and many others.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember saying anything about banning guns.
Fine, "If you don't want to enact more gun control that's debatablely breaking the 2nd amendment, you love murdering children!" shtick.
The kinds of regulations I've referenced would have prevented every Uvalde death and many others.
When there's a will, there's a way. The kid probably would have bought an illegal gun and did what he did.

Reactions: Digital_Cheese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially Chocklette on Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially Chocklette on Ice Cream :D:wub::D