• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you reckon guns should be banned in the U.S.? (Please vote)

Should guns be banned in the U.S.?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 50.9%
  • No.

Votes: 81 49.1%

• Total voters

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Meh... I'm just coming out and say it, because there's no way around it.

Americans... Your second amendment constitution thing is too outdated to take seriously.

Heck... Feel free to interpret it as "your constitution sucks", because let's face it: as a foreigner that's about the only thing we really know about your laws is that it's legal for any yahoo to buy weapons of mass destruction in your local grocery.

Erm... I hate to be the naive guy here, but...

Are you saying none of these regulations exist on guns?
The constitution in the US was made to be rewritten, but our politicians are too lazy swinging their votes for laws that make the rich more money and the poor less money.

Yes, none of those regulations exist whatsoever.
ID, paperwork, background check, boom. You have a gun.
No examination required, no psychological evaluation.
Just don't have a criminal record and you can buy a gun.
We need all of the regulations Lacius posted in that infographic.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But america is no longer america. The founding fathers would not recognize this country as their own at all.
well too bad for them.

if they didn't want us to own guns, maybe don't write it in as a right. it is too late, we own guns and there's nothing that can be done.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
well too bad for them.

if they didn't want us to own guns, maybe don't write it in as a right. it is too late, we own guns and there's nothing that can be done.
They wanted guns for the free people of america at their time. I think the idea of allowing for guns for the current population, they would have found that to be ridiculous.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wanted guns for the free people of america at their time. I think the idea of allowing for guns for the current population, they would have found that to be ridiculous.
oh well, no point complaining about it now.

we can own guns, no point bitching about it.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, we're getting back to the "if you don't ban guns, you're a child murderer!" shtick almost everyone on the anti gun side seems to love.

One child death is too many, but a background check and license would stop 75% of those deaths.
Seems eerily reminiscent of the "Pro choice supports murdering babies!" shtick, doesn't it?

I don't think banning guns now will solve anything. Maybe in the 1800's, but definitely not now. However, freely distributing guns to the point that you can get them at your local Walmart and half the street corners between that and your house seems a little overkill. Regulation needs to be done in a different way so these people so worried about materialistic needs can be appeased but further exploiting the gun nuts needs to be taken off the table.

rights are rights.

I don't mean to nitpick you in particular, but please God remember that the next time you get upset over a BLM protest.

Reactions: WG481

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu