VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So just checking to see who all is pumped up for the season 6 premier of Doctor Who this coming Saturday in the UK On BBC1 and in the USA on BBC America? Besides ProtoKun7 and I that is.

Also post any thoughts or news on what is going to take place story wise this season.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pumped up? I'm fucking super happy!
Finally we see the Doctor back in action.
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I consider myself a Dr Who fan - so curious to see what they come up with story wise
Read a few 'leaks' in newspapers which don't seem that promising (I try not to read them - it spoils it for me)

Apparently one of the 'major players' dies in the first episode
I just hope they don't keep 'recycling' some of the more well known bad guys again, but maybe recycle some of the 'lesser' known ones..
(beginning to get a little fed up with the final episodes always seems to contain Daleks/Cybermen etc..)

Also wondering what the 'ongoing story' is gonna be this time ('stars going out'/Crack in time & space - what's next ??)......& will we EVER find out the [real] relationship between the Doctor & River Song ??

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm all ready to watch it. And for the first time I won't have to download it to see it right away since they are actually going to broadcast it on BBC America. Though I may still download it to skip the commercials. You Europeans are so lucky you don't have the VAST commercial B.S. we get over here. Because they will make the show shorter to put in the commercials. Aaarrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Well I consider myself a Dr Who fan - so curious to see what they come up with story wise
Read a few 'leaks' in newspapers which don't seem that promising (I try not to read them - it spoils it for me)

Apparently one of the 'major players' dies in the first episode
I just hope they don't keep 'recycling' some of the more well known bad guys again, but maybe recycle some of the 'lesser' known ones..
(beginning to get a little fed up with the final episodes always seems to contain Daleks/Cybermen etc..)

Also wondering what the 'ongoing story' is gonna be this time ('stars going out'/Crack in time & space - what's next ??)......& will we EVER find out the [real] relationship between the Doctor & River Song ??

We never really found out who took control of the TARDIS last series and caused all the cracks. Some how I have a feeling it's going to end up being the Master.

I must also add I'm not sure how I feel about the split season this year. I mean it's bad enough having to go from July to Xmas and then to Easter without any Who. I wish they would have mad the season a few episodes longer instead of split.

QUOTE(Jan1tor @ Apr 18 2011, 05:07 PM) I'm all ready to watch it. And for the first time I won't have to download it to see it right away since they are actually going to broadcast it on BBC America. Though I may still download it to skip the commercials. You Europeans are so lucky you don't have the VAST commercial B.S. we get over here. Because they will make the show shorter to put in the commercials. Aaarrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'll still download the BBC broadcast they seem to always cut shit from the BBC America broadcast, but I think that migt change this series.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haven't watched Doctor Who properly since season three. I got fed up of the show forcing other people's beliefs down my throat, particularly with regard to global warming.
I loved the first season, Chris Eccleston was great. Second season was also pretty good. Third season...well, that Human-Dalek shit was awful, but I quite liked Simm's take on The Master.
I caught the odd episode of season four here and there, and from those episodes I realised that the show was being targeted at a different audience. It was more childish, and while I generally like childish things, I don't feel that this style suited my favourite show (paha, the only show I watched) at all.
Might give this season a try, but from what I've heard, Doctor Who still follows a formula that doesn't appeal to me.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can´t wait for Saturday or better said Sunday, I don´t get BBC here in Germany, so I´ll have to DL it =(
I think it´s gonna be all about River and the Voice in this Series.
Seen a trailer the last weeks with a short conversation between the Doctor and the Voice.
Voice: "Fear me, I killed hundrets of Timelords."
Doctor: "Fear me, I killed all of them."

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SirCB85 said:
I can´t wait for Saturday or better said Sunday, I don´t get BBC here in Germany, so I´ll have to DL it =(
I think it´s gonna be all about River and the Voice in this Series.
Seen a trailer the last weeks with a short conversation between the Doctor and the Voice.
Voice: "Fear me, I killed hundrets of Timelords."
Doctor: "Fear me, I killed all of them."
Yeah, it sucks that we can't watch it on TV.
frown.gif

But well, at least they will be online quick after they aired (iirc 21 o'clock in our time).

I also just saw, that this weekend we get 2 episodes!
Apr Saturday 23
Doctor Who (2005) 6x01 The Impossible Astronaut (1)
Apr Sunday 24
Doctor Who (2005) 6x02 Day of the Moon (2)
How great is that?
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just finished wwatching first episode - seems like some of the 'bits' I read I read in Newpaper articles were true.... but as usual with a twist

Not sure about some things in the episode - & I'm not gonna (well try not to) spoil it for those who still got to see it but wasn't 'something' I saw in a previous episode of Dr Who??

Hopefully I won't give to much away but Song & Rory were alone together in a seemily familiar place

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
'm not gonna (well try not to) spoil it for those who still got to see it but wasn't 'something' I saw in a previous episode of Dr Who??

Hopefully I won't give to much away but Song & Rory were alone together in a seemily familiar place

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was!

It was the the ship from The Lodger, wasn't it?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Not sure about some things in the episode - & I'm not gonna (well try not to) spoil it for those who still got to see it but wasn't 'something' I saw in a previous episode of Dr Who??

Looks like another Proto-TARDIS. This one might work though this time though since Song put her hand on it and didn't die. It must have some connection since Moffat wouldn't blatantly use an old setpiece from just the last season without disguising at all unless it had some significance. The ship in The Lodger was never destroyed, it just went. Maybe Craig completed its time engine and it brought these things to Earth. Also, the Doctor still has keys for that flat.

Really enjoyed the episode in general. Found the monsters incredibly creepy. They're almost on par with the Gas Masks from Season 1.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jamstruth said:
CannonFoddr said:

Looks like another Proto-TARDIS. This one might work though this time though since Song put her hand on it and didn't die. It must have some connection since Moffat wouldn't blatantly use an old setpiece from just the last season without disguising at all unless it had some significance. The ship in The Lodger was never destroyed, it just went. Maybe Craig completed its time engine and it brought these things to Earth. Also, the Doctor still has keys for that flat.

Really enjoyed the episode in general. Found the monsters incredibly creepy. They're almost on par with the Gas Masks from Season 1.
Are you my mommy? (I also loved the episode, can't remember which one it was, where the Doctor said that (season 4 or 5 I think))

But yeah, this episode was really cool (especially since Doc Who is back!) and I'm so damn looking forward to tomorrow, when episode 2 airs.
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CA519705950 said:
Haven't watched Doctor Who properly since season three
Season three? You mean the one with William Hartnell?
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Apr 23 2011, 10:02 PM) They're almost on par with the Gas Masks from Season 1.
Series 1 = Season 27.

[/nitpick]

Watched it earlier, and loved it (obviously
smileipb2.png
).
Really enjoyed the opening picnic scene; I could tell something would be different once the Doctor said he was 1,103 years old. His death scene was strangely enjoyable, mostly because of the "Reset Button" nature of it (by which I'm referring to the plot device used in shows where they can kill off major characters or do crazy things and then bring things back to normal afterwards).

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just watched the episode. I noticed something interesting that I'll put in Spoiler tags.

Song went to prison for killing the bast man she knew. The Doctor dies this episode, and he said he knew who it was in the suit. I think Song was the Astronaut. The reason she killed him will be revealed in the mid series finale(I'm guessing).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on