Dragon Quest XI gets western release date

If you've been hoping for the eleventh mainline Dragon Quest to finally get a release date for its localization, then wait no longer, as Square Enix has revealed that Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be coming to the west this fall. The official YouTube account for the franchise even gave us nine minutes of gameplay from the English version, showing the game running on a PlayStation 4, and revealing that the western version will have English voice acting. Additionally, DQXI will be getting a PC port, a first for the series. This is in exchange for Square Enix choosing not to translate the 3DS version of the game. Dragon Quest XI will be launching in North America and Europe on September 4, 2018, for PlayStation 4 and PC. A Switch version is in the works, but Square Enix developers claim they won't be able to release the game any time soon.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a real bummer for the 3DS version, it was the most unique of the bunch. Hopefully its features will be implemented into the Switch version.
... Whenever that comes out...

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
They said that the Switch version would not be releasing this year, and that it could potentially come "much later." So no definite word on when that's gonna be a thing, but it'll probably be well into 2019.

That said, I'm excited as all heck to finally play this game! Not having a PS4, I'm glad it's coming to PC, too. Definite buy for me, I'm dying for more Dragon Quest. I was gonna hold out for the Switch version, but PC will do just fine. Sucks for those that wanted the 3DS version (and the top-screen 3D/bottom-screen 2D was pretty cool), but the 3DS is kinda End-of-Life now and Dragon Quest games aren't big here, so maybe it made business sense in Square's eyes? Although, then I'd point to Dragon Quest IX as a Dragon Quest game that did pretty well here and was a DS-only release. At any rate, you can probably bet your ass that there'll be a translation project started sometime soon.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dropped the 3ds version. Dammmmmit to hell!!!!! Hopefully the translation can be transferred from the ps4 version. Not hating on ps4 or pc players, but for ppl with little time, handheld is much more convenient.

Reactions: chirogan
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
They dropped the 3ds version. Dammmmmit to hell!!!!! Hopefully the translation can be transferred from the ps4 version. Not hating on ps4 or pc players, but for ppl with little time, handheld is much more convenient.
There's always the Switch version if you want a little portability, but who knows when that's coming.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the 2D screen they mentioned when the game was first revealed seemed interesting, I'm not gonna cry over not getting it when it's coming out on my preferred "console" instead. They probably axed the 3DS version because of how easy it is to get CFW on 3DS now. It was easy back then but way easier now.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's not easy to pirate on PC? They just gave up on a dead console.
With the right Denuvo you can delay pirates for a few weeks (months in the past but things have been quicker lately). Plenty of time for those on the sidelines to go "I'm done waiting, I'll buy it." I mean, I wouldn't, but other pirates would. Waiting for Far Cry 5 as we speak...

But the 3DS isn't a dead console. The DS is a dead console. Over 60M 3DS have been sold, compared to Vita's ~15M. Until the 4DS is announced (and no, the Switch isn't the 4DS) the 3DS will be a great console to make games for. Maybe by the time the game comes out the PS4 will be more widely hacked with 5.XX HEN, but as it currently stands the PS4 and PC (at least for a little while, but it's those first weeks that count) are the more secure choices.

D

Deleted User

Glad to see a pc port, but really no 3ds? Come on square that just as stupid as labrynth of refrain not getting a vita english release. . . . . .

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
No 3ds no buy. Hello FitGirl haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is going to be my first 1st day purchase in a long time.
I remember purchasing DQVII and DQVIII day one. Is that not enough Square? I even have IV, V, and IX fuck this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work