Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 in the OP, the instructions for 3DS with CFW say you need to copy boot.nds too, but it's not actually needed in that method and also gives the impression you can't have hbmenu and DSiMenu++ at the same time, which isn't true in this case
"boot.nds" is needed so that DSi-mode homebrew can return to DSiMenu++.
Both DSIMenu++ and DSIMenu Launcher are not appearing after I install their respective CIAs through FBI. I think the issue is related to region locking, but I'm on Luma 9.1 and I have 'game patching' enabled. Any ideas?
Try rebooting.
anybody know how to solve the white screen on all games ?
Is bootstrap set to nightly or release?

CallMeSabs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error messages do not appear to be very verbose. It's difficult to tell what an error means. I am trying to run a title, and after launching it, I just get an error message that says
Start failed. Error 1

What does that even mean?

Would it be possible to get more verbose, plain-text error messages instead of codes?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error messages do not appear to be very verbose. It's difficult to tell what an error means. I am trying to run a title, and after launching it, I just get an error message that says
Start failed. Error 1

What does that even mean?

Would it be possible to get more verbose, plain-text error messages instead of codes?
Error 1 means that the .nds file it's trying to boot is not found, which in this case, is nds-bootstrap.
Try downloading the latest nds-bootstrap.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"boot.nds" is needed so that DSi-mode homebrew can return to DSiMenu++.
Ah true, and I also guess it's not easy to charge that without recompiling each and every homebrew. Really the only reason I prefer hbmenu for homebrew is due to the list interface, actually I should check if one of the dsimpp themes offers that

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah true, and I also guess it's not easy to charge that without recompiling each and every homebrew. Really the only reason I prefer hbmenu for homebrew is due to the list interface, actually I should check if one of the dsimpp themes offers that
The R4 theme has the list interface.

Reactions: Tarmfot

CallMeSabs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error 1 means that the .nds file it's trying to boot is not found, which in this case, is nds-bootstrap.
Try downloading the latest nds-bootstrap.

Would there be any way to make error messages more verbose? It would have been nice to see it tell me how to resolve it instead of just telling me there's a problem with no detail I can glean.

Reactions: laharl22

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Both release and nightly are the same in the latest DSiMenu++.

Not sure what was to blame, then. It's working for me now with all the settings back to what I had the problem with initially. My other thought was that it could be VRAM Boost because I enabled that and ROMs worked after, but now they work when that's off too...

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what was to blame, then. It's working for me now with all the settings back to what I had the problem with initially. My other thought was that it could be VRAM Boost because I enabled that and ROMs worked after, but now they work when that's off too...
Thanks for the help but no luck no games work on my 16 and 32 go sd

pinaplehits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a R4 SDHC and I'm currently using TWloader as front end for my flashcard. Can I do the same with DSiMenu++? Or should I stay in Twloader?

Sonikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
okay, now I've fixed the issue, but now I get error 1 when trying to load any game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DSi or 3DS?

okay, now I've fixed the issue, but now I get error 1 when trying to load any game

sorry it's just with prime hunters

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the Vram option do? Does it increase performance? Same for the clockspeed?
If you already have TWL clock speed set, then VRAM boost may improve performance slightly more.
VRAM boost does not fix slow loading issues in some games though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro