Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
t__a__c__o said:
elfsander said:
sphinx.djc said:
rofl.gif
Silly Nintendo! The best thing they did was give me the option to download updates for the DSi which I have NEVER done since I got it from day 1
yaynds.gif
I paid good money for my AceKard2i which works wonderfully, and what in God's name were they thinking by adding a feature to use Facebook!? I am proud to say I don't have a Facebook account, and if I did, I doubt I'd be using my DSi to access it
lecture.gif

So you don't have any real DSi games either.

Why did you get a DSi in the first place?

Finally a sensible response. All these ppl with DSi's and flashcarts so they can play pirated DS/DSlite games with it, all boasting they won't update claiming they don't need or want any DSi functions and/or DSiware anyway...
wtf.gif

Also, in response to a post earlier in this thread about how stores can't sell their stock of DSi flashcarts anymore: they can still be sold, since they'll still work on DS/DSlite.

In all honesty, you both are totally wrong. Real DSi games? You think those won't be pirated sooner or later? And I got a DSi cause its the latest updated handheld piece of hardware to be released by Nintendo. I got pissed when I wanted to buy a DS, and then found out that there was a Lite coming out. I decided to just wait it out cause I knew that something newer was going to be released and I didn't plan on dishing out more money had I gone and bought a DS or a DS Lite.

YES, that is correct, I don't care enough about DSiware to get these updates, I bought this to play DS games and also because of the incredible convenience of having all my games on one little cartridge as opposed to having 10 games (Funny thing is, I still buy the games... the good ones anyway) at hand which I have to keep switching cartridges. The last thing on my mind when I bought this was using the cameras, or internet or whatever else they crammed onto it. If I want a camera, I'll buy one, if I want the internet, I'll sit down in front of my computer.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ExDee said:
I don't think they can force an update since not everyone has wi-fi.

nintendo diddn't seem to care with Wii Updates...(still doesn't)

nintendo's "intel" is probably keeping watch every day and minute on this thread..wondering how we will retaliate...(my inside info said so...they actually HIRE people to watch to see if
something" will "happen"

if they even get an inkling that "some light" has come to solve this problem...nintendo will instantly start to make another one...

seriously...

after flipnote & Warioware DIY is released....there will be no reason to upgrade...

unless some new DSi features are released :wtf:

t__a__c__o

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sphinx.djc said:
In all honesty, you both are totally wrong. Real DSi games? You think those won't be pirated sooner or later? And I got a DSi cause its the latest updated handheld piece of hardware to be released by Nintendo. I got pissed when I wanted to buy a DS, and then found out that there was a Lite coming out. I decided to just wait it out cause I knew that something newer was going to be released and I didn't plan on dishing out more money had I gone and bought a DS or a DS Lite.

YES, that is correct, I don't care enough about DSiware to get these updates, I bought this to play DS games and also because of the incredible convenience of having all my games on one little cartridge as opposed to having 10 games (Funny thing is, I still buy the games... the good ones anyway) at hand which I have to keep switching cartridges. The last thing on my mind when I bought this was using the cameras, or internet or whatever else they crammed onto it. If I want a camera, I'll buy one, if I want the internet, I'll sit down in front of my computer.

First of all, real DSi games, when they ever DO get pirated, won't play off any of the current flash carts, not even after firmware updates.

Second, if you only bought a DSi to play DS games, you should've bought a DS lite with a DS flash cart, it's a lot cheaper. The fact that you dished out more money for a DSi plus DSi flash cart without having an apparent need or use for it (as it seems to be the case with many of the ppl posting in this topic) is what baffled me. And it still baffles me, even more so after your response.

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
t__a__c__o said:
sphinx.djc said:

First of all, real DSi games, when they ever DO get pirated, won't play off any of the current flash carts, not even after firmware updates.

Second, if you only bought a DSi to play DS games, you should've bought a DS lite with a DS flash cart, it's a lot cheaper. The fact that you dished out more money for a DSi plus DSi flash cart without having an apparent need or use for it (as it seems to be the case with many of the ppl posting in this topic) is what baffled me. And it still baffles me, even more so after your response.

Well... Why not have the latest handheld from Nintendo? They're the best with handhelds and I find them more fun than console games sometimes. And when the DSi does potentially get better features which I might care enough to use, I'll be able to take advantage of it and still enjoy my DS games.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I like the design of the DSi better than of the Lite (not those glossy outfit but a much grippier one), it has bigger screens, a better D pad and many other small enhancements.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sphinx.djc said:
t__a__c__o said:
sphinx.djc said:

Well... Why not have the latest handheld from Nintendo? They're the best with handhelds and I find them more fun than console games sometimes. And when the DSi does potentially get better features which I might care enough to use, I'll be able to take advantage of it and still enjoy my DS games.

very well said, pretty much the same reason i bought mine
smile.gif

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You actually use the brighter option?
It just drains the battery big time so i dont get why people even bother to have it bright. You can see perfectly fine on 1 or 2

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The lowest brightness setting is horrible, dunno how anyone could stand that, it's like there's hardly any backlight at all
wink.gif

I usually use 3, but there've been a few times I used the lightest one cause otherwise I wouldn't have seen anything at all cause of the sun.

One important point: You can change the backlight anytime, I really like that
wink.gif

lizardxm

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there any official word on Team Acekard working on this?
I see no statements of any kind on their website...
I know this question runs on the mind of all of you,
I'm just checking if any other contact than the website
has occurred which allows us to believe there's hope
frown.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t__a__c__o said:

Wait, what? Since when do we know that DSi games won't be playable on current carts? Do we even know if there will be any physical difference between DSi games and DS Lite games, other than that there might be code to detect the additional power of the DSi, and use it?

Also, all the putting-down of the DSi strikes me as a way to justify not upgrading. Yeah, currently, the DS Lite is the way to go. However, I just got rid of my DS Lite (it was a PINK one that I got for 30 dollars at a salvage store), and got a black DSi, so I no longer need to question my masculinity. Or maybe I was proving that I was secure in it? Whatever. When (or if) DSi-specific games come out, it's the DS Lite users that will be left in the cold.

That being said, I still have my original DS Phat, so I'm not exactly hosed in any situation. Worst case scenario for me is I play older stuff on my old system, and reserve the DSi for legit stuff and DSiWare.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this was bound to happen good think i haven't bought a dsi yet.
and even if the dsi flash carts get un blocked and nintendo makes mandatory updated you can simpily delete your wifi settings then there is no such thing as a mandatory update.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
CannonFoddr said:
I'm not really into DSiware (especially since you can't 'move' the points between Wii & DSi shop) & rather play games - so I'll not be going onto the internet any time soon & get 'upgraded'.
But I MAY still need to buy a new card anyway - My main card a DSTTi, which I guess isn't 'upgradable' - the only problem is I don't really LIKE the menu etc of the newer cards (Itouch2 / DSonei /EZFlashVi)

I agree on that one, the menu's/kernels on the new flashcards all suxs, the get to complicated and user unfriendly.

Why would i choose CycloDS Evo / Edge / DSTT / R4?
- Simple user friendly menu's
- No 6 handlings to enable cheats or igr or other stuff
- No 20 menu options, where 15 are never used
Correct - the DSTTi has a 'simple' files browser - where the most 'complicated' thing about it is the 'skins' (Shame it doesn't 'hide' certain files, Doesn't have 'folders' browsing or alphabetically sort them) - that's why I've set it up with 'Moonshell2 with Commercial ROM loading' as my 'default' THEN I discover the M3i Zero has almost EXACTLY the same as I have now - so at present this tops my possible replacement list

[It of course all depends on if M3i developers find a work around to the DSi upgrade]

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:
nintendo's "intel" is probably keeping watch every day and minute on this thread..wondering how we will retaliate...(my inside info said so...they actually HIRE people to watch to see if
something" will "happen"

if they even get an inkling that "some light" has come to solve this problem...nintendo will instantly start to make another one...
Haha, if all they're doing is monitering GBATemp, then we have nothing to worry about.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
something" will "happen"

Haha, if all they're doing is monitering GBATemp, then we have nothing to worry about.

Agreed. Nintendoh will try, but they'll always fail. There's more then GBAtemp talking about this. The moment Nintendoh tried to stop pirating, they lost. All they've done is create a stone wall that'll fall once a certain crack is found.

iamjust

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knarf said:
Does this update block Acekard 2i for good, or can it's firmware be updated in the future?

It blocks it, but if you have an older DS (NDS Lite, etc.), its possible that the AK team will put out an update that may unblock it, and then you can flash it wil the old DS..NOTE, however, that the AK2i DOES NOT have a totally upgradeable kernel like the M3i Zero, so it's possible (and likely) that it will get completely locked out.

I recommend getting an M3i Zero after the M3 team releases an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...