Hacking fail0verflow releases coldboot exploit proof of concept

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE been following the Switch scene, actually. Not to mention that I've noticed that most of your post are just full of conceded bullshit, and miserable failed attempts to undermine other users' opinions and ideas. I will not get into a flame war with you here. If you want to lose your shit, go ahead. You'll be the one who receives a warning/suspension/ban. :P

And, yes, any reply that begins with "oh shut up" is obviously written by someone who sees the other person has a point, but does not want them to continue speaking (replying), as they're killing their argument.

TX has made more progress, but only on relative terms. The open-source devs try to keep their work softmod only (or at least something that does not require hardware modifications to the system such as ntrboot), which is the reason why they haven't gotten hax on all FW's, etc. Not to mean Team-Xecuter has many more people than the local devs.

Give 'em a team the size of TX's, and allow them to create hardware mods as well, and I guarantee you 101% that they'll blow TX out of the water. When the Switch scene progresses, TX will do exactly what Gateway did and begin stealing open source work and incorporate it into their own garbage software, right before they die out (at least their Switch portion).
Just. like. Gateway.

Wow you're really clueless. Lol
Tx has had a strong record of coming out with their own work consistently since the ps1

You have 0 clue as to what you're talking about. We'll see when tx releases their mod, and softmod devs will remain on 3.0.0 while the scene moves forward to bigger and better things.

Clueless...

Last edited by yardie,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
So what do you propose we do? Stay on 3.x.x and not be able to play the newest games? You certainly sound pretty damn butthurt that people have come up with a solution that would work on all firmware. If you feel that way, fine, it's not my problem, I don't see any exploits being found on 4.x.x for a year at least, 3.x.x only be damned.

I don't see them actively searching for 4.x.x exploits, so, they may as well be.
You also don't see exactly how they're managing to achieve their progress until they release the exploit.

Can't assume the devs are actively against you because you updated your console. Go with the hard mod solution, but all means, but don't get mad at the devs because all you know so far is they've only managed to get a 3.0.0 exploit and communicated ahead of time to stay on it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You also don't see exactly how they're managing to achieve their progress until they release the exploit.

Can't assume the devs are actively against you because you updated your console. Go with the hard mod solution, but all means, but don't get mad at the devs because all you know so far is they've only managed to get a 3.0.0 exploit and communicated ahead of time to stay on it.
What.. You mean they weren't being facetious? Oh my.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the title?

Do you even know what "release" means, OP? They didn't RELEASE jack shit.

The title should have read: "fail0verflow shows off coldboot exploit proof of concept"

And for anyone defending him, you guys seriously need to get that distinction straight.

To my knowledge, they haven't released jack shit for the Wii U either. In fact, there wasn't a release till nearly half a decade after their teaser, proving that other hackers care more than Team FailOverflow ever did. That's saying something. All they're good for is cockteases and nothing to benefit anyone but themselves.

Reactions: YugamiSekai

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the title?

Do you even know what "release" means, OP? They didn't RELEASE jack shit.

The title should have read: "fail0verflow shows off coldboot exploit proof of concept"

And for anyone defending him, you guys seriously need to get that distinction straight.
It was a mistake on the OP's part initially, then a mod added "proof of concept" to make it less unintentionally clickbait-y. That said, yes, it should still be changed

Reactions: the_randomizer

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as cool as it is for fail0verflow to get a coldboot exploit up and running, it will be for show. It is completely understandable for a group like them to not release an exploit after what Sony did to Geohot and it would be bad if Nintendo or even NVidia to come after them for releasing an exploit for Switch (Shield TV). They will most likely drop hints here and there and help with documenting how the Switch works like what they did for the Wii U, which itself is still a big contribution to the homebrew scene.

Team-Xecuter on the other hand will release something since it is financially beneficial to them and they are at less risk of being of being personally attacked like what happened to Geohot.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/953084954145181696
03c0164a19.JPG

D

Deleted User

Well they will be only able to patch it with another switch Rev like Sony did with the PS3

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I hope those greedy ass scalpers selling exploitable Switch consoles get screwed over by eBay's Buy Protection program. Sorry, but keeping exploits to only 3.x.x will only stagnate the scene; I don't see this being open source.

WE GET IT YOU UPDATED TO 4.x AND YOURE VERY SALTY ABOUT IT PLEASE STOP POSTING IN EVERY THREAD ALL THE TIME ABOUT IT

DEVS HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS NOT TO UPDATE AND YOU STILL DID IT SO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COME INTO EVERY THREAD AND WHINE ABOUT 'x' NOT BEING SUPPORTED/SCALPERS/LAZY DEVS WHATEVER

UNLESS NINTENDO BROKE INTO YOUR HOUSE AND UPDATED YOUR SWITCH YOU ARE TO BLAME NO ONE ELSE. NO SCALPERS, NO DEVS, NOTHING

DAMN

Last edited by porkiewpyne, , Reason: Changed to more appropriate font size.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
WE GET IT YOU UPDATED TO 4.x AND YOURE VERY SALTY ABOUT IT PLEASE STOP POSTING IN EVERY THREAD ALL THE TIME ABOUT IT

DEVS HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS NOT TO UPDATE AND YOU STILL DID IT SO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COME INTO EVERY THREAD AND WHINE ABOUT 'x' NOT BEING SUPPORTED/SCALPERS/LAZY DEVS WHATEVER

UNLESS NINTENDO BROKE INTO YOUR HOUSE AND UPDATED YOUR SWITCH YOU ARE TO BLAME NO ONE ELSE. NO SCALPERS, NO DEVS, NOTHING

DAMN
You're not loud enough.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DAMN

Reading is hard http://gbatemp.net/threads/up-to-4-x-exploitable-but-lower-firmware-is-better.494130/

4.x.x is exploitable, in case you missed it, but that's to be expected on the Temp. Even if you're on 4.1.0 you can still run homebrew, which I care about. ROM loading I don't give a damn. But that's none of my business.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway