Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to PC as an Epic exclusive

asdasddsadasdasdasads.png

The long-awaited reveal has been made: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Integrade is coming to PC. The game was revealed to be an Epic Games Store exclusive. It'll be out on December 16th.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have played the remake enough times on ps4, and unfortunately, it's not replayable enough. I hope the upcoming mods can improve that. Maybe playable red XIII, sephiroth, or porting dissidia characters into FF7 remake.

I probably will wait till the part 2 out before I buy this game.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder if you can cross your saves. Normally you can't but since this will be a multi-part series it'd be cool to continue your progress in any system.

Fuck off and die, you Epic bastards; stop doing exclusivity deals already! You should focus on competing with Steam and GOG through pricing and features, not goddamn exclusivity!

Sony own part of Epic for a while now. Honestly, what did you expect a for a Sony exclusive licensed game?

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
They are willing to pay for exclusives to the point they admitted EGS is counted as a loss until 2025. And that only comes because of two things - Tencent's (and by extension, China's) directly injecting money into them, and Epic already funneling lots of money through both Fortnite and the Unreal Engine.

So let them pay. I'll enjoy the free games in the meanwhile.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's understandable that a small indie company like Square-Enix might need that sweet sweet Epic exclusivity paycheck.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's understandable that a small indie company like Square-Enix might need that sweet sweet Epic exclusivity paycheck.
It doesn't seem to me that the likes of The Avengers or FFXV are really meeting their sales targets. I would not expect that their financials are particularly rosy.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never posted a negative comment on this website but honestly i'm cringing so hard every time I read someone spit on a corporation like EG or Nintendo and prone piracy for "morals reasons" after.

Obviously all the corporations make some questionable choices one day or an other, but it is worth to hate them at this point with all your heart ? We are not even talking about real problems like Nintendo letting Foxconn assembling their switch but about bad remake, bad pricing, bad online & online subscription. The hate about Egs is because of Fortnite (they don't want to be associated with that normie shit because they are special and above them ) or because it's an other launcher and players are tired to move or because now a big chunk of the corp is owned by tencent so they are concerned about privacy even if they are on windows 10, using a google account for youtube and 100 other things that track them h24.

Also, i'm not against piracy, I pirate most of my stuff, but not for "morals" reasons or for "hurting" a corporation, just because it's free and because I can + i'm not a billionaire so I honestly don't care. But if you think you are making a good action or that corporation will prepare the rope only for a couple pirates "by conviction", you are wrong.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fuck off and die, you Epic bastards; stop doing exclusivity deals already! You should focus on competing with Steam and GOG through pricing and features, not goddamn exclusivity!
Why are you telling a company what to do? It's theirs. ;-)

And I don't think the "fuck off and die bastards" part is appropiate here.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never posted a negative comment on this website but honestly i'm cringing so hard every time I read someone spit on a corporation like EG or Nintendo and prone piracy for "morals reasons" after.

Dunno if its always moral. If it's on Steam you can just buy it there and not have to deal with the EGS. If you pirate it, you likewise don't have to deal with EGS.

Steam's horde of additional features is a big part of them beating out piracy in the first place. Meanwhile Epic just yesterday figured out what a shopping cart is.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you telling a company what to do? It's theirs. ;-)

And I don't think the "fuck off and die bastards" part is appropiate here.

No kidding, some people are taking the EGS thing too personally, like, seriously people, take your Prozac or eat a snickers and get a life lol.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The hate about Egs is because of Fortnite (they don't want to be associated with that normie shit because they are special and above them ) or because it's an other launcher and players are tired to move or because now a big chunk of the corp is owned by tencent so they are concerned about privacy even if they are on windows 10, using a google account for youtube and 100 other things that track them h24.
Nah, the people who hate Epic because of Fortnite aren't even a part of the equation. It's also not because EGS is another launcher. Hell, people concerned with privacy are a tiny portion as well. It's because Sweeney is the fakest schmuck to walk this earth. Dude claims everything he and Epic does is for the gamers/consumers.

Like, he can't just come out and admit he wants to start shit. He did it with Apple, he did it with Steam, and I have no doubts he's looking at another corporation to rumble with. Nevermind the exclusive deals, and how awful the EGS launcher is.. Even compared to Origin/Uplay(or whatever it is now). He's just a downright shitty person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn