Final Fantasy XVI will be exclusive to PS5 for six months

In a new promotional video, Sony let slip the exclusivity window for Final Fantasy XVI. The trailer shows brief gameplay from a variety of upcoming titles, with release information in small print at the bottom, one of which reads "Final Fantasy XVI anticipated Summer 2023. PS5 exclusive for six months." While the release window of Summer 2023 was already known, the exact nature of its exclusivity has been hard to pin down.

As reported by IGN after the game's announcement at a PS5 event in September 2020, a trailer for Final Fantasy XVI initially said it would be a PlayStation Console Exclusive, but also available on PC. This trailer was taken down and replaced with another that omitted that text, and IGN was reportedly asked by Square Enix to retract any mention of a PC release from its article. While other platforms haven't been confirmed by Square Enix yet, given this information, it's likely we'll see a PC release after at least six months of PS5 exclusivity.

Whether it will come to other consoles, namely Xbox, is murkier. At the time of that trailer's release and retraction, industry analyst Piers Harding-Rolls reported that Sony had confirmed to him that the game would be a completely exclusive to the PlayStation 5 for six months, and a console exclusive for twelve months. This was never independently confirmed, but it does appear to link up with this new information. If it is true, it would imply the game is also coming to Xbox Series X|S at some point as well.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Me before blowing my birthday candles: I wish the gaming comunity could mature and stop console/brand wars once and for all

This thread: No way buddy!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, you don't even need a Switch since it can be emulated if the PC specs can handle it.
I think mine might struggle, but I'm okay with buying games anyway. though, I'm buying the majority for the ps4. the ps5 is my main console. :) I do like it more than the ps4, at least the layout of things.

Reactions: Pattelicious

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Meh, it will be buggy for the first 6 months anyway. Plus if the review are bad then I could easily skip it.

hybori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically, you don't even need a Switch since it can be emulated if the PC specs can handle it.
my pc can definitely handle a switch with max settings i just use a switch for traveling/couch play. once a steam deck is available i'll probably not use my switch at all

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wishfull thinking: When they are finally starting todo the only real good thing and stop with this bullshit Exclusives. Even if i would still be a FF-Franchise Fan i would not be interested in to getting a PS5 now for €1000 just to get that tilte early. The Consoles have so much more potential then what we allowed todo with them .... To think that its said 6 month i can just laugh, thats square so pc gamers can still count for 1-2 years until it will finally hapening.

Reactions: k7ra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ