Hacking Friend Got Banned Today Even Though He Did Not Connect Pre 11/18/16

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be troublesome for ninty to ban every console with save game dates during the period of the leak because they will not have a solid evidence that you indeed played with the leaked game or just coincidentally have your date set to that period. If an unfortunate, legit player were to be banned and to complain, they won't have a choice but to lift the ban for him/her. Once non-legit players sees this "loophole," and ninty, without a solid evidence, will have to lift everybody's ban.

I think I over explained myself. But I think you'll get the point without having to read everyrhing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I strongly doubt Nintendo would go down this path. It's so incredibly flawed to begin with, it's not worth the time doing.

For a start, since the save uses your 3DS' system date/time, you could easily set it to 1st Jan 2012 or something and the save would have the same date. The amount of false positives would be insane.

So far, they can at least confirm you've connected to their servers with a game which has not launched yet in your region (which all evidence is pointing to this happening). That's pretty easy to do and isn't riddled with false positives like checking save dates would be.

If checking save dates is an issue to anyone (it's a pretty daft thing to worry about due to the above), then use a save editor to change it. Bang! Problem solved.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It would be troublesome for ninty to ban every console with save game dates during the period of the leak because they will not have a solid evidence that you indeed played with the leaked game or just coincidentally have your date set to that period. If an unfortunate, legit player were to be banned and to complain, they won't have a choice but to lift the ban for him/her. Once non-legit players sees this "loophole," and ninty, without a solid evidence, will have to lift everybody's ban.

I think I over explained myself. But I think you'll get the point without having to read everyrhing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
People that purchased the game from stores that broke the street date got banned, so legitimate customers have been affected as well. And Nintendo can easily do a version string check of all those that connected with version 0 during the time of the leaks. This stuff is trivial. It's not like they'd have to go to each individual player and make sure that they are a legitimate customer or not.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
People that are getting banned had their wifi on or spotpass prior to release. It's as simple as that. Like i said in another post every single person i know that played the leak didn't had their wifi on or spotpass and deleted the cia afterwards and the ticket. All the people i know didn't get banned including myself so stop making up these posts when you all had it coming. It's common sense if a game is leaked that you should turn your wifi or whatever OFF

Reactions: DJ91990

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure all this debating is getting us nowhere XD. Doesn't it seem more plausible that we are just simply over thinking this? I mean, the only people who have been complaining about the bans are people who have connected to pokemon servers before the 18 and either lied about going to receive pity And not have people calling them retarded for doing so, or went online without realizing it.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure all this debating is getting us nowhere XD. Doesn't it seem more plausible that we are just simply over thinking this? I mean, the only people who have been complaining about the bans are people who have connected to pokemon servers before the 18 and either lied about going to receive pity And not have people calling them restarted for doing so, or went online without realizing it.

Not to mention at least 4 people have confirmed going online with v0 after launch, and they have not been banned.

Reactions: Sketchy1 and WeedZ

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that are getting banned had their wifi on or spotpass prior to release. It's as simple as that. Like i said in another post every single person i know that played the leak didn't had their wifi on or spotpass and deleted the cia afterwards and the ticket. All the people i know didn't get banned including myself so stop making up these posts when you all had it coming. It's common sense if a game is leaked that you should turn your wifi or whatever OFF

Nope, this isn't how it happened.

I left my WiFi/Spotpass on while playing it (been playing since the leak was first online) and I've NOT been banned (touch wood).

You had to purposefully connect to their servers to get banned. Just leaving your WiFi connection on is not enough!

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, this isn't how it happened.

I left my WiFi/Spotpass on while playing it (been playing since the leak was first online) and I've NOT been banned (touch wood).

You had to purposefully connect to their servers to get banned. Just leaving your WiFi connection on is not enough!
Even so, I connected to the plaza and didn't got banned xD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound dumb but maybe is possible to change syste time ahead to something else like after release date? Assuming the data sent to server when connected to online functions are being sent like activity log or something else people don't know about, i mean it always has "anonymously send data to help improve service" situation it will never state what data it will use but will not use instead.

Honestly i had no better idea except to just buy the game cart or download from eshop. :P

Only other idea is something is probably set up specifically in the game that is making nintendo job easier. :rolleyes:

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I think at this point we can sum this up as the OP's "friend" being full of it. Prolly just someone who decided to be dumb and connected before release and he got flagged.

"Sucks to suck, but that's your fault"
-crystal the glaceon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So can I get a +1 to lock this? Probably just some internet troll trying to cause panic

Reactions: BARNWEY and WeedZ

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I think at this point we can sum this up as the OP's "friend" being full of it. Prolly just someone who decided to be dumb and connected before release and he got flagged.

"Sucks to suck, but that's your fault"
-crystal the glaceon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So can I get a +1 to lock this? Probably just some internet troll trying to cause panic
There's no way the Lurantis copy is at fault, so I agree. Now, some people argue that since it is 2.8 gb (instead of 3 gb) that it is unsafe. That is simply not true, he simply trimmed the cart when dumping it (which is why it is at a smaller size,) that has nothing to do with the ban waves. Also, if you dump your own cart as a backup, it will be marked as v0. These copies are still completely safe online, so why would pokemon be any different? So, going back on my original point, I agree with @Sketchy1.
Short Version: It's a user error, not a technical one...

Last edited by BARNWEY,
Reactions: WeedZ

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I never used the leaked versions online, but I did use NitroStream's memory patch to force my homemenu to remain online so I could screen capture.
That was enough to flag my system.

Also your Friends List phones home the following information:
Current Online Status
Current title playing.

So having the Wi-Fi switch on could do it.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I never used the leaked versions online, but I did use NitroStream's memory patch to force my homemenu to remain online so I could screen capture.
That was enough to flag my system.

Also your Friends List phones home the following information:
Current Online Status
Current title playing.

So having the Wi-Fi switch on could do it.

When you're in Sun/Moon and aren't connected to anything online related - If you press the "home" button you'll see your connection as "local" and it'll turn to "online" (it'll go back to "local" again when you go back into Pokemon UNLESS you've connected Online in-game!).

What that patch did was effectively the same thing as telling Sun/Moon to connect Online, hence your ban. It circumvented the requirement for the user to connect manually in-game.

If you're using that patch though, DISABLE your WiFi! This is not necessary if you don't use that patch (I've played Moon since the initial leak OFFLINE but left my WiFi on and haven't been banned (touch wood)!

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really.

When you're in Sun/Moon and aren't connected to anything online related - If you press the "home" button you'll see your connection as "local" and it'll turn to "online" (it'll go back to "local" again when you go back into Pokemon UNLESS you've connected Online in-game!).

What that patch did was effectively the same thing as telling Sun/Moon to connect Online, hence your ban.

If you're using that patch though, DISABLE your WiFi! This is not necessary if you don't use that patch!

That's what I said. Using the NitroStream patch so I could screen capture the game is was did me in.

If you turn the Wi-Fi switch off with the patch you can't capture your screen though! That's how NitroStream works!
It uses the NTR Debugger to capture the screens and mirror them on a program via wi-fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: