FTP via ethernet quest

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Should the PC be directly connected to my PS3 when uploading files from the former to the latter and downloading them from the PS3 to the PC using an ethernet cable via FTP or should they be connected to the router, and if the latter, would it be slower than the former?

EDIT: Sorry for the typo on the title.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: Eveldee

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Long time since I've used FileZilla but it should be in the connection options, you should find something like "maximum number of concurrent connections" with a number associated to it, set it to 1. And no it shouldn't timeout, FTP isn't a feature complete protocol but it should be stable enough to transfer large files.

I don't know if it's faster after changing that setting. Are there other settings that must be changed to get full speed?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are English patches. I'm not sure if there are any Japanese ones in there for Japanese only games. it contains about 7,000 updates. I once found a txt file that contained everything, for all regions, and it was like 34,000 files. way too much for the 2TB hdd I was going to store them on. ;)

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it doesn't block internet access. it just blocks psn. I'm assuming that it's blacklisted the servers. though, I don't know if pkgi still works or not.

Then why can't sites be accessed on the PS3 browser and the PS3's internet connection can't be tested on XMB if not doing the PSN Patch's plugin's L3 + R3 + R2 button combination?

I wasn't able to make PKGi work but I guess the download speed on the PS3 is slow and if it's needed to sign in to PSN while using it, I guess users may get banned.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it doesn't block internet access. it just blocks psn. I'm assuming that it's blacklisted the servers. though, I don't know if pkgi still works or not.

I deleted PSN Patch since the latest Evilnat version already blocks PSN access during boot so I don't need it anymore. Also, Evilnat doesn't block access to sites on the browser but I have to restart the PS3 to recover syscalls to be able to access the PSN.

Anyway, the "Allow Restore Syscalls" setting does nothing since no message appears in "System Update".

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed PSN Patch since the latest Evilnat version already prevents the PSN access so I don't need it anymore and it doesn't block access to sites on the browser and the internet connection test and I don't even have to restart the PS3 to recover access to homebrew unlike before but from now I have to be more careful than before since because of that I might be banned.

Anyway, the Allow Restore Syscalls settings does nothing since nothing shows up in System Update.
You have to enable the option in cfw settings.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't know. I no longer use my ps3.

Never mind. After clicking "System Update", even though no message appears, syscalls are restored because when trying to access the PSN I'm told I have to disable them to access it. According to aldostools in PSX-Place, the message only appears if webMAN MOD is installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters