OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Earlier today, I was browsing a bunch of old threads (unrelated, actually, I was googling something else) and stumbled on a pretty nice idea.
The latest instance of the game was from a decade ago, posted there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/name-the-movie-yearly-rotation.136038/

So I thought: "Why, isn't that a cool concept! I'm tempted to copy the idea!"
So here I introduce:

Name the Video Game

Rules:

One person posts a screenshot of a game, any game (keep it clean), making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene)....or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot. Try not to repeat games, especially the same scene...
Important to note that only officially released games on the market should be suitable. No ROMhacks, no bootlegs, no fake. Not only it would make it hard to guess, it would also make the game a bit less interesting.
Please refrain from shitposting, or do anything that wouldn't contribute to the fun. It wouldn't be fair for those who actually wants to play.
Also, make sure to use a site like imgur to upload the image, to avoid hotlinking and basically make it easy to guess what was posted.
Also, please do not reverse google search the image, it would be unfair. Normally, it shouldn't be impossible to guess. If I find a cheater, under any way, they'll be excluded.
Simple, isn't it?
So let's the game begin! Guess what video game it is!

I'll make this round last for a week, and see how it goes. Once the time passed, I'll be counting the points, and elect the winner, who will win absolutely nothing but prestige for being knowledgeable.

Leaderboard:
Marko76: 5 points
MockyLock: 2 points
Taleweaver: 1 point
Sinon: 1 point
DiJornios: 1 point
VinsCool: 1 point
Barawer: 1 point
Ysle29: 1 point
Leaderboard:
VinsCool: 4 points
Zense: 2 points
SANIC: 2 points

Marko76: 1 point
jDSX: 1 point
Leaderboard:
Marko76: 7 points
Redolane: 3 points
Sinon: 3 points
Zense: 2 points
SANIC: 1 point
JellyPerson : 1 point
MartyDreamy: 1 point
LocalHorst86: 1 point
Onibaku: 1 point
DKB: 1 point
Enryx25: 1 point
ShroomKing: 1 point
HtheB: 1 point
Ricken: 1 point
Joe88: 1 point

Round 4: Ending on August 1st, since the thread was dead for a while.

Leaderboard:

PS: if it wasn't suited to this forum area, I apologise. Feel free to move it to the EoF in this case.

Last edited by VinsCool,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VpnXpaS.png

Ok so i decided to make this a bit harder lol.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 131927

I have absolutely no idea of where this scene is from, even though I have the impression to have seen this somewhere.
My stance against reverse google search is clear, I am strictly against it for this game.

So good luck to whoever guess it :P

Reactions: AmandaRose

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
View attachment 131927

that's really unfair... yeah i just used google search because i was sure it was a game for thoose failed consoles like the jaguar, 3do, etc, (not going to say the specific one) and yet it is, however i am not going to say which
the way the blood is drawn i was thinking maybe a sega genesis game but its around that era basically
hope someone can guess it without searching...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
that's really unfair... yeah i just used google search because i was sure it was a game for thoose failed consoles like the jaguar, 3do, etc, (not going to say the specific one) and yet it is, however i am not going to say which
the way the blood is drawn i was thinking maybe a sega genesis game but its around that era basically
hope someone can guess it without searching...
As long as it was officially released, it's fine for the game.

In fact, I encourage obscure games, that would make it challenging, and interesting,
Who knows, maybe one of our members happens to recognise the game!

Reactions: AmandaRose

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick aside. We used to have a series like this for films. So as to allow people to know if they were right when someone might have gone to bed or something then we used to take the IMDB url of it, run it through something like https://www.browserling.com/tools/all-hashes and list the hash for it. You can't take a hash and generate the original data but you can take the right data and generate a matching hash.
Games don't have quite as comprehensive a database as imdb (something like http://www.mobygames.com/ is probably the best start and covers older stuff as well where something like metacritic of giantbomb might be lacking) but you can still get something done.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Quick aside. We used to have a series like this for films. So as to allow people to know if they were right when someone might have gone to bed or something then we used to take the IMDB url of it, run it through something like https://www.browserling.com/tools/all-hashes and list the hash for it. You can't take a hash and generate the original data but you can take the right data and generate a matching hash.
Games don't have quite as comprehensive a database as imdb (something like http://www.mobygames.com/ is probably the best start and covers older stuff as well where something like metacritic of giantbomb might be lacking) but you can still get something done.
Erm...okay. So if I understand this correctly, I (as the one giving the screenshot) should do the following:
1) look up my game on www.mobygames.com (a small hint: it's there, and this isn't a multiplatform, so there's only one page)
2) (if it's there) copy the link to www.browserling.com/tools/all-hashes and generate hashes
3) paste the hash here, so people will be able to verify whether their answer is correct

If so: the MD5 hack for the picture above is as follows: 619431705fc1d0282dd72123ee57418f

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: