ROM Hack Garbled Icon Borders [3ds Theme Editor]

Immortallix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 3DS Theme Editor, whenever I opt for a custom icon border, in the preview it will look fine, but once I put it on my 3ds the icon borders looks garbled & messed up (see attached pic or here). The images I'm using are the correct sizes (if they weren't the program wouldn't take it anyways) & in png format. Whenever I use my own images for every other aspect of the theme creator that allow me to, they all work properly and never have this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    5 KB · Views: 249

DSForever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably weren't expecting this, but I created this account specifically to answer this question, as it plagued me as well.
In the Theme Editor, you will notice a set of icons in the top right corner above the 3DS preview.
One of these icons is a box with a big "L" in it.
Click on it, and pick an image file that is exactly 64x128 (128x64 doesn't work).
In addition, make a copy of the image file and shrink it to 32x64 (It gets used on the box with the big “A” in it.)
I just use MS Paint to make a solid color I like in that image size then put it into the theme maker.
After doing this, the glitchy border will disappear.
I also added an image to show what to click on.
-
TL;DR: Use 1 image that is 64x128 for the L box and use a 32x64 image for the A box.

Attachments

• !!.PNG
    !!.PNG
    142.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by DSForever,

vanillamilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You probably weren't expecting this, but I created this account specifically to answer this question, as it plagued me as well.
In the Theme Editor, you will notice a set of icons in the top right corner above the 3DS preview.
Click on it, and pick an image file that is exactly 64x128 (128x64 doesn't work).
In addition, make a copy of the image file and shrink it to 32x64 (It gets used on the box with the big “A” in it.)
I just use MS Paint to make a solid color I like in that image size then put it into the theme maker.

vanillamilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-
TL;DR: Use 1 image that is 64x128 for the L box and use a 32x64 image for the A box.
Hey there, I actually have the same problem. I added an 64x128 image for the L box, but I wasnt quite sure on the A box. I cant find it. Or do you mean the S button?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1