GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Another option you can change in some shader packs is to disable waving leaf blocks. Can really boost FPS especially when exploring around an area with a lot of trees!

If you still need cobble I can probably rustle you up a few stacks :ph34r:
nah I have my pickaxe and generator with piston to move me around sooo it just matter of time^^

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys server is up.
I swear to god windows is sentient and purposefully chooses the worst possible times to update. And I disabled windows updates so it never does it again ;o;
Just disabling the services/editing the registry doesn't work, and you need Group Policy, which requires Windows 10 Pro, just FYI.

The services auto re-enable after a reboot, same for the registry edits. The registry edits also revert when creating a restore point for some reason, so if you have Home, that's probably the culprit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's back up now. Yay!

Last edited by Maq47,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just disabling the services/editing the registry doesn't work, and you need Group Policy, which requires Windows 10 Pro, just FYI.

The services auto re-enable after a reboot, same for the registry edits. The registry edits also revert when creating a restore point for some reason, so if you have Home, that's probably the culprit.

Mate I know exactly what i'm doing lol i've probably been telling windows updates to shove it since you've been in diapers.

Server just randomly decided to crash, luckily I just got off work and caught it pretty much immediately. I'll put in an auto restart one of these days but i've been busy.

Reactions: xCNotex and Jayro

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did golems dropping iron get turned off? :sad:

Yeap it was actually always disabled, i'm not sure why they ever started again.

Tbh going forward I plan to stamp out most unintended forms of automation. I'd like to make a modpack where players actually play the game rather than AFK all day like it's an idle game. For the time being *most* mob farms will still work tho. Villager trading should remain the same.

In that same vein i'm hoping to add some new mods either tomorrow or the next day. Still testing a few cuz they have some uh...not very server friendly items. Like Tinkers' beautiful EFLN, pretty much an incredibly cheap tnt snowball. Dear god Tinkers why.

Still on the fence about some but hoping to add more fun mods that add things to do. I'd also like to add a dimension or two to add more exploration or ways to generate new ores/mod spawns.

So far on my radar are:
Mowzie's Mobs (adds some very well made bosses and a handful of interesting regular mobs)
Alex's Mobs (adds a crapton of fun mobs with various drops for all sorts of fun utility items)
The Outer End (expands The End to be more interesting, might need to wipe The End for that one)
Dimensional Dungeons (Add some fun randomly generated dungeons where blocks cannot be destroyed or placed, forcing you to combat them as intended)
Tinkers Construct (Everyone's favourite overpowered tool mod lol, does add a lot of fun stuff though)

For dimensions I'm less sure tbh. Unfortunately, most of the dimensions i've played with died with 1.12. But I want to add some sort of mining dimension that could be wiped as necessary.
For content adding dimensions there's still some interesting looking ones about. Haven't looked too thoroughly yet.
Atum 2
Twilight Forest (i'm a bit skeptical since TF has always had big performance issues)
Blue Skies
The Undergarden
The Bumblezone (more of a joke dimension, seems fun though)

Last edited by Hells Malice,
Reactions: Maq47

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol