Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PS1 Emulator on Xbox One (Needs further testing)

PSX-BOX is officialy dead. Due to some other projects I'm involved in, I don't have the time to work on it nor do I have the interest in the project anymore.
cartoon-grave-stone-clipart-best-nwb3et-clipart-1.jpg

If you want PS1 Emulation on Xbox One you can either A. Get winpse10 for free (Not hard to find, just have a look around the forums) or B. You can install RetriX (A Libretro Port for Xbox One). Currently PS1 Emulation on RetriX is still a work in progress so keep that in mind.

Last edited by wiired24,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: I went through and cleaned up a big majority of the codebase. It doesn't run any games yet as I still have to import the Emulator Core possibly through P_Invoke, however it (Being the U.I.) works and you can go ahead and play around with it a bit if you'd like. Run it on your computer, Xbox One, your toaster I don't care :P

https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box
can we have some info on how to instal sld2

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I went through and cleaned up a big majority of the codebase. It doesn't run any games yet as I still have to import the Emulator Core possibly through P_Invoke, however it (Being the U.I.) works and you can go ahead and play around with it a bit if you'd like. Run it on your computer, Xbox One, your toaster I don't care :P

https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box
any ETA. on when it will be ready i can wait im just wondering i dont want to get it unless i can test some games

JimmyRespawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a c# and xaml dev, cpp is just rocket science to me. But I'm happy to compile and distribute it free on store.
p.s. I have experience of adaptive UI and xaml

Last edited by JimmyRespawn,
Reactions: wiired24

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are doing a great job with this! Thank you so much for the dedication. I'm gonna be following these emulators very closely now that it's peaked my interest so intensly.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a c# and xaml dev, cpp is just rocket science to me. But I'm happy to compile and distribute it free on store.
p.s. I have experience of adaptive UI and xaml

If you guys wanna help with the front end although it is "Mostly" done there's always more stuff that can be improved and worked on. I'm welcome to new contributors. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you are doing a great job with this! Thank you so much for the dedication. I'm gonna be following these emulators very closely now that it's peaked my interest so intensly.

Thank you. I will continue to work to improve and grow the Xbox One homebrew community. The Xbox One is very unique in that it's the very first closed console that never had to actually be "Hacked" (Getting kernel access) to run homebrew/ Emulators. It's a shame that the community is so tiny. It has been and is my work to change that. More people will get dev mode if they see the proposition value of it.

Also shoutout to any devs out there who are willing to help, currently need help in taking pcsx-r (Core Library) and implementing that into psx-box. I believe the way this has to be done would be through a win32 DLL and then using p_Invoke and [DLLImport] to call the necessary init functions when needed. I'm also still going to be using PSXACT as a backend core as well. psx-box will have multiple backend cores Similair to how retoarch has multiple cores for it's backend.

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you guys wanna help with the front end although it is "Mostly" done there's always more stuff that can be improved and worked on. I'm welcome to new contributors. :P

Thank you. I will continue to work to improve and grow the Xbox One homebrew community. The Xbox One is very unique in that it's the very first closed console that never had to actually be "Hacked" (Getting kernel access) to run homebrew/ Emulators. It's a shame that the community is so tiny. It has been and is my work to change that. More people will get dev mode if they see the proposition value of it.

Also shoutout to any devs out there who are willing to help, currently need help in taking pcsx-r (Core Library) and implementing that into psx-box. I believe the way this has to be done would be through a win32 DLL and then using p_Invoke and [DLLImport] to call the necessary init functions when needed. I'm also still going to be using PSXACT as a backend core as well. psx-box will have multiple backend cores Similair to how retoarch has multiple cores for it's backend.
when loading it up in visual studio it crashes

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I just made an account today. Let me start up by saying, you guys rock for initiating homebrew on xbox one. With xbox live creator update coming around the corner and with dev mode, we can make really cool content on xbox one. PS1 is my favourite console and I can not wait to play it. That being said, I am a developer. But I am still in training, I was wondering what type of software do you use to convert from .exe to appx. I know you can use Desktop App Converter, but the problem is you need containers. And you need either windows 10 professional or windows 10 enterprise for that. I assume you guys do not have either. So I wanted to know how to convert apps to appx. I would love to convert dosbox to appx and port it to xbox one. Just send me to a good video or link where I can learn how to do that guys. I tried a lot of videos and they didn't work with me

when loading it up in visual studio it crashes
Try to use visual studio 2017. instead of 2015. It worked with me this way. If you are already in visual studio 2017, let me know what kind of error you get

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! I just made an account today. Let me start up by saying, you guys rock for initiating homebrew on xbox one. With xbox live creator update coming around the corner and with dev mode, we can make really cool content on xbox one. PS1 is my favourite console and I can not wait to play it. That being said, I am a developer. But I am still in training, I was wondering what type of software do you use to convert from .exe to appx. I know you can use Desktop App Converter, but the problem is you need containers. And you need either windows 10 professional or windows 10 enterprise for that. I assume you guys do not have either. So I wanted to know how to convert apps to appx. I would love to convert dosbox to appx and port it to xbox one. Just send me to a good video or link where I can learn how to do that guys. I tried a lot of videos and they didn't work with me

Try to use visual studio 2017. instead of 2015. It worked with me this way. If you are already in visual studio 2017, let me know what kind of error you get
visual studio 2017 it just says vs stopped working

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is odd. if you have an ad blocker that is installed on pc (instead of browser), disable it for a second and try again. otherwise, make sure there is no updates on your pc waiting to be installed. And after that, just try to reinstall visual studio 2017 again with all the plugins related to console

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

You talk a big talk but what exactly have you contributed to the scene? If you don't like me or the work I do that's fine. But there are few if any who have contributed as much to the Xbox One homebrew Community as what I have. You can hate on me all you want and tell me how everything I've done sucks or how I'm a "Rookie" that's never gonna get anything done, but that just looks bad on you dude. As far as I'm concerned you can talk all the talk you want but that's all it is is just talk. Until you have actually contributed anything useful to the community then let's chat. Honestly you're wasting my time by coming over to my turf and spewing venom on the forums. There is no place for this here.

Last edited by Minox,

softwaregnu

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, this is a joke.

Https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box/tree/master/ <- 0 lines of codes of an emulator.

You say that the WinPSe developer has broken the GPL license for not sharing his code but then you go and you break the contract and Microsoft terms encouraging others to share a personal and individual developer account in this other post: https: // gbatemp .net / threads / how-to-activate-and-share-dev-mode-on-xbox-one-up-to-3-devices.468161 /

Tell me, if the emulator WinPSe10 is based on PCSXR and you are going to use the same core, how do you best pretend to be "your emulator" if it is a simple front like Bizhawk? That after realizing that psxact is a serious mistake to use it.

Anyway, then what you are going to do better is to make a better interface of the same core that you have used? Well, maybe you can convince the guys of ePSXe to share their code that for some reason are suspicious as if it were the best emulator, when clearly most of its code are codes of other emulators and also with free license. Maybe they will bring it to UWP and the whole debate will end ... maybe not.

Do not misunderstand me Wiired24 I do not want to discredit your work of which I am absolutely sure that you act in good faith and with much enthusiasm, I simply try that you all put your feet on the ground and that when you face a project is done with knowledge of cause. What has really bothered me has been the free attack on the WinPSe developer and the performance of your emulator when I've seen tens that work worse than that and that do not work on a current generation console. Remember that you can always improve it and it works decently like the rest of psx emulators, and that's when you'll realize that you're not accomplishing this project at all, if it's the one day you finish it, at a time in the That the xbox one is still of interest to use and that also works better than WinPSe (which will surely continue to improve). As I said in the previous post, good luck and still no scheduled completion date.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box/tree/master/ <- 0 lines of codes of an emulator.

You say that the WinPSe developer has broken the GPL license for not sharing his code but then you go and you break the contract and Microsoft terms encouraging others to share a personal and individual developer account in this other post: https: // gbatemp .net / threads / how-to-activate-and-share-dev-mode-on-xbox-one-up-to-3-devices.468161 /

Tell me, if the emulator WinPSe10 is based on PCSXR and you are going to use the same core, how do you best pretend to be "your emulator" if it is a simple front like Bizhawk? That after realizing that psxact is a serious mistake to use it.

Anyway, then what you are going to do better is to make a better interface of the same core that you have used? Well, maybe you can convince the guys of ePSXe to share their code that for some reason are suspicious as if it were the best emulator, when clearly most of its code are codes of other emulators and also with free license. Maybe they will bring it to UWP and the whole debate will end ... maybe not.

Do not misunderstand me Wiired24 I do not want to discredit your work of which I am absolutely sure that you act in good faith and with much enthusiasm, I simply try that you all put your feet on the ground and that when you face a project is done with knowledge of cause. What has really bothered me has been the free attack on the WinPSe developer and the performance of your emulator when I've seen tens that work worse than that and that do not work on a current generation console. Remember that you can always improve it and it works decently like the rest of psx emulators, and that's when you'll realize that you're not accomplishing this project at all, if it's the one day you finish it, at a time in the That the xbox one is still of interest to use and that also works better than WinPSe (which will surely continue to improve). As I said in the previous post, good luck and still no scheduled completion date.

Actually, he said on another thread that he is almost done with the ps1 emulator and he is just waiting on one thing. he also ported a chip 8 emulator today so he seems to be doing well if you ask me. I think you should personally wait until you play ps1 emulator before you criticize

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think there's a slight misunderstanding, psx-box is a front end for various emulator cores I.E. pcsx-reloaded, psxact ,psxjin etc. The psx-box project has changed a bit since it's initial conception. It will basically function similar to Retroarch where its a GUI Frontend and it can load multiple PS1 Emulator cores through DLL's which has the benefit of extra compatibility for games and keeping the codebase small.

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a slight misunderstanding, psx-box is a front end for various emulator cores I.E. pcsx-reloaded, psxact ,psxjin etc. The psx-box project has changed a bit since it's initial conception. It will basically function similar to Retroarch where its a GUI Frontend and it can load multiple PS1 Emulator cores through DLL's which has the benefit of extra compatibility for games and keeping the codebase small.

I am super hyped for the emulator, Not to rush anything, but do we have any release date for the emulator. It sounds really close to finishing. Also does that mean that epsxe can be loaded as a core?

Last edited by kingtut,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so could you use it to load other emulators

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am super hyped for the emulator, Not to rush anything, but do we have any release date for the emulator. It sounds really close to finishing. Also does that mean that epsxe can be loaded as a core?

Only if the ePSXe team releases a DLL. Their Emulator is not Free Software/Open Source. As far as a release goes I just started a new class (IT 100) today so for the coming weeks I'm going to be more tied up with School Work and will have less time. But Ideally, I'm aiming to get it out around June/July. There is no need to rush it. I want it to be the best that it can be as does the rest of the team

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...