Homebrew I called Nintendo about 022-2812...

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're all allowed to be optimistic, I guess, but those of you thinking these bans are temporary really need to step away from the crack pipe. Think of how many Black Friday New 3DSes would be returned to stores at the start of the month if the bans were temporary? Nintendo would have some very angry stockholders and retail partners to answer to. If you have a purchase receipt from before you connected you might have some official recourse, but the other 99.99% of us need to suck it up and move on.

SquidgyBean

Trophies
XP
Country
My brothers moon order just got sent out this morning from the actual nintendo uk store obviously its going to arrive well before the 23rd, does that mean he could possibly get a ban

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Heres nintendoes reply to my plea

Response (11/19/2016 11:56 AM)
Hello,
Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear what's happened, and I appreciate your patience in awaiting our reply.
Normally we do not lift bans, as there was a specific reason that this action was taken. However, if there is more you would like to share, please call us at 1-800-255-3700. If the agent who takes your call asks for an Incident ID#, please give the following number:
We’re available to take your call seven days a week (except for major holidays) between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00pm Pacific time.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Shane Schaefer

_
Customer (11/17/2016 08:57 PM)
Dear nintendo I'm currently banned on my n3ds for playing pokemon early I had a friend let me try his copy for a bit to be sure I wanted it and I did I didn't know I was going to get in trouble for it im very sorry. I'm currently waiting to pick up moon tomorrow. Plz find it in your heart to lift this ban I'm not rich and I can hardly afford a new n3ds much less games. If I must I will send a receipt and picture as proof. Plz reconsider times are tough..​

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: KytuzuEX

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can hardly afford a new n3ds much less games.​
Nintendo wants to sell games and nothing else, why the hell would they even consider unbanning you if you've admitted you're not capable of doing that in the future? No offense, but your "plea" is the kind of thing customer service agents share with each other for laughs.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo wants to sell games and nothing else, why the hell would they even consider unbanning you if you've admitted you're not capable of doing that in the future? No offense, but your "plea" is the kind of thing customer service agents share with each other for laughs.
that just means i can't afford it atm plus you don't want to sound loaded. either way it was worth a shot.

Last edited by Raylight,

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus you dont want to sound loaded
Why not? The only reason they would even consider unbanning anyone is the risk of missing out on future game sales to that person.

Also if your "friend" really loaned you a cartridge, you should send Nintendo pictures of that cartridge with a visible serial number and the purchase receipts showing a date before you connected, or if he's a reviewer I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing his name so they can punish him for being leaky. You gotta give them a lot more than just a promise to buy moon in the future.

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not? The only reason they would even consider unbanning anyone is the risk of missing out on future game sales to that person
they wont you can still buy the cart. and still use the internet eshop. either way we cant give a perfect story to cover ourselves mine was just to see what they'd say. it was a pretty bad story at that :rofl2:

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: SaffronXL

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry man it was worth a try, you're right there's no perfect story, I was working on a pretty complicated one involving a nephew in the hospital and it subsequently being stolen, but I realized the IP addresses would betray me.

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry man it was worth a try, you're right there's no perfect story, I was working on a pretty complicated one involving a nephew in the hospital and it subsequently being stolen, but I realized the IP addresses would betray me.
yea we live in an age of information so one way or another they will find out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are you talking about.... There is no case there.
you really not thinking this through are you? you really want to lie and risk the store taking action for you trying to get them in trouble?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sweet 4k triangles