• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

London Terror Attack(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't account for terrorism in Ireland, tho
Wrong.
3ZZSufT.png

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I might be wrong on that, but I think this Ramadan alone there have been more civilian deaths than in all IRA (Irish) history.
Wikipedia brings me to this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Terrorism_deaths_in_Northern_Ireland
Is that it?
Anyway I don't feel lile looking it up. But the Irish argument is just like the Christian abortion clinic bombings: An exception which confirms the rule. The rule being Islamic terrorism. There is a Hadith of Muhammad saying "I have been made victorious with terror (casting fear into the enemy's heart". After 9/11 more people apparently converted to Islam btw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The stupidity of some people mystifies me.
Can you disprove his claim?

Reactions: Haloman800

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you saying parts of the Talmud are inspired by God
No, the Torah includes many times where God asked Moses to relay information, this is clearly one of those cases.

that Muhammad can keep on having sex with a certain woman even if his other wives disapprove and that Allah can give him better wives if they don't behave, could be of any benefit for the future.

Wait, what? gonna need evidence.

[QUOTESo one day it would be good advice from God to hit the enemies above their neck (i.e. beheading them) and cut off their finger tips? Wow, I don't want to be in a war with you (neither on an opposing nor the same side).[/QUOTE]

The Quran uses hyperbole, if you're going to fight others you're not meant to follow the exact rulings. The use of beheading etc. Was to show how gruesome the war ahead would be.

but this argument kills any discussion

But that's just something you'll have to accept when discussing an Omni-God.

There are actually Jews who believe that.

I know a lot of Jews who believe that.

Do you believe that God punishes in this life?

Yes, this is proven by the deluge as well as the destruction of other societies in the past (the Ad etc.)

Do you believe God punishes people through other people?

If that's a mean to punish, possible. Although, I'm not too sure so I'll get back to you on this one.

@UltraDolphinRevolution
He doesn't need to, he's making a negative claim.

Muslim mayor tells British citizens "You just have to deal with Muslims committing terrorist attacks".

How is this surprising? Why is he still mayor? Countries like Poland have ZERO terrorism, you know why? Because they have close to 0% Muslims.

He must be a troll... Right?

Sadiq Khan said you have to deal with terrorism in big cities in the sense that we have to strengthen our police etc.
Not "Just accept that it's happening."

A similar thing happened with Macron, who by the way, is the only politician in a major country right now that I actually support, said a similar line and was misinterpreted as to saying Terrorism is just something we should accept, he meant it as something that WILL happen and something we need to take the proper steps to control.

inb4 ignorant fools call Macron a politically correct liberal.

Warsaw, Poland, is a "Big city" and they have zero terrorism. Seoul, South Korea is the same.

Lol. Warsaw is about as unimportant as Malta in the fight against terror. South Korea hasn't done anything to provoke ISIS. ISIS's agenda is to disrupt the western world. You aren't going to do that by disrupting Poland, which has a GDP of 489 billion, when you could disrupt the UK with a GDP of 2.73 TRILLION.
This statement shows a level of ignorance that I'd expect from a 14-year-old.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
No, the Torah includes many times where God asked Moses to relay information, this is clearly one of those cases.

[QUOTESo one day it would be good advice from God to hit the enemies above their neck (i.e. beheading them) and cut off their finger tips? Wow, I don't want to be in a war with you (neither on an opposing nor the same side)
Lol. Warsaw is about as unimportant as Malta in the fight against terror. South Korea hasn't done anything to provoke ISIS. ISIS's agenda is to disrupt the western world. You aren't going to do that by disrupting Poland, which has a GDP of 489 billion, when you could disrupt the UK with a GDP of 2.73 TRILLION.

But if ISISs agenda is to disrupt the western world. Why attack the Philippines?

isnt that the East-Asian part of the world?

I am just curious since i was under the impression that ISIS are savage monsters who attack randomly without any agenda whatsoever.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But if ISISs agenda is to disrupt the western world. Why attack the Philippines?

isnt that the East-Asian part of the world?

I am just curious since i was under the impression that ISIS are savage monsters who attack randomly without any agenda whatsoever.

Because it's easy to attack the Philippines.

That, and the Philippines are a pretty huge manufacturer of goods.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Still don't get your point sorry. Are you saying God somehow inspired certain Rabbis who then wrote down this hidden truth that was supposed to be in the Torah?

You asked me how do I know that the Baby Jesus speaking and Jesus making clay birds alive stories are not the correct ones.
Here is why:
Stories about a famous person get hyped up, not the opposite.
If Alexander the Great was a great lover (just making it up as an example) who could satisfy 5 women in one night, then over time it would be 10 women. Later still there would be the claim that he wouldn't lose an erection. Eventually God gave him super staying powers etc etc.
I'm not sure you could argue that Jesus claimed to be God from the Gospel of Mark. Difficult to say. But the later gospels Mt/Lk clearly make him more divine. The latest biblical gospel (John) even more so.
If you ask me personally, I think Jesus was probably a Zelot who killed some Roman soldiers or tried to build an army for liberation. There is a hint in the gospels: Barrabas should have been killed but the Romans had a custom to release a prisoner. No such custom is known in Roman history, so the gospel writers made it up. What if (just a theory): Jesus was actually Barrabas? The name means "son of the father". That's a weird name! Jesus called God "Abba" (father) all the time. The Jewish crowd loved Barrabas according to the Gospels.
Muslims always say the Gospels can't be trusted because they are too late. Then how on earth can we trust a much later gospel?
And then there's also the fact that a speaking baby is both ridiculous and scary as f*ck. Just think about it. LOL

Sura 66:1. Pls don't ask me to find the hadith, but it was a Christian slave, if I recall correctly.

The Quran uses hyperbole, if you're going to fight others you're not meant to follow the exact rulings. The use of beheading etc. Was to show how gruesome the war ahead would be.
THE F*CK?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?
First you tell me these verses are situational. But they could be useful again one day.
And now you're telling me even when they are useful again you should not do as they say?!
You wanna know the truth? You know the Quran contains vile and despicabel things (so does the Bible) but you are afraid to face to truth.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
. Are you saying God somehow inspired certain Rabbis who then wrote down this hidden truth that was supposed to be in the Torah?

It's pretty simple, moses relayed that information to be written into the Torah.

Sura 66:1.
"O Prophet, why do you prohibit [yourself from] what Allah has made lawful for you, seeking the approval of your wives?"

This has to do with sex, does it?

Stories about a famous person get hyped up, not the opposite.
If Alexander the Great was a great lover (just making it up as an example) who could satisfy 5 women in one night, then over time it would be 10 women. Later still there would be the claim that he wouldn't lose an erection. Eventually God gave him super staying powers etc etc.
I'm not sure you could argue that Jesus claimed to be God from the Gospel of Mark. Difficult to say. But the later gospels Mt/Lk clearly make him more divine. The latest biblical gospel (John) even more so.
If you ask me personally, I think Jesus was probably a Zelot who killed some Roman soldiers or tried to build an army for liberation. There is a hint in the gospels: Barrabas should have been killed but the Romans had a custom to release a prisoner. No such custom is known in Roman history, so the gospel writers made it up. What if (just a theory): Jesus was actually Barrabas? The name means "son of the father". That's a weird name! Jesus called God "Abba" (father) all the time. The Jewish crowd loved Barrabas according to the Gospels.
Muslims always say the Gospels can't be trusted because they are too late. Then how on earth can we trust a much later gospel?
And then there's also the fact that a speaking baby is both ridiculous and scary as f*ck. Just think about it. LOL

Dude, I didn't ask for your opinion.

I never said the Gospels can't be trusted because they're too late. You're claiming I've said something when I clearly have not.
What the Quran says is fact and if it contradicts the Bible it's only an issue for Christians.

First you tell me these verses are situational. But they could be useful again one day.
And now you're telling me even when they are useful again you should not do as they say?!
You wanna know the truth? You know the Quran contains vile and despicabel things (so does the Bible) but you are afraid to face to truth

Nice job trying to assume things. Anyway, they're useful to know what to do in certain situations. Not to follow exact orders.

For example 2:191 asks Muslims to fight against oppression, that's the general message. You don't have to kill them with a sword when you have a gun.

Sorry for those with OCD, I keep having formatting issues when I quote Quran.com.

What kind of goods dude? kmon dont leave me hanging :ha:

I believe mostly palm oil and other food products.

Also, what exactly are your beliefs?

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's pretty simple, moses relayed that information to be written into the Torah.
Could you pls use a synonym? Maybe I just don't understand "relay". Thanks.

"O Prophet, why do you prohibit [yourself from] what Allah has made lawful for you, seeking the approval of your wives?"

This has to do with sex, does it?
The Quran doesn't make sense without the Sunna. This is a perfect example.
If you just read this verse it appears to be the most random verse in history.
But you could come to the conclusion even without the Sunna.
Let's see:
What could the wives complain about?
a) eating too much cake b) singing in the shower c) Having sex with non-wives?
What is lawful for Muhammad?
a) telling the truth b) writing poetry c) having an unlimited number of wives and sex slaves.

Also Allah threatening the wives with divorce is cute. Might give the reader the impression Allah and Muhammad are one and the same.

I never said the Gospels can't be trusted because they're too late. You're claiming I've said something when I clearly have not.
What the Quran says is fact and if it contradicts the Bible it's only an issue for Christians.
Actually, what Joseph Smith wrote is fact. If the Quran contradicts it, it's an issue for Muslims.
Anyway tell me a famous person who became less legendary over time, not more, i.e. later stories attribute less miracles to him. That was my argument in a nutshell. Any historian will tell you that earlier sources are better than much later sources. If you want to know about WW2, now is still your chance (some witnesses are still alive), you don't ask people in 2100.

Nice job trying to assume things. Anyway, they're useful to know what to do in certain situations. Not to follow exact orders.
For example 2:191 asks Muslims to fight against oppression, that's the general message. You don't have to kill them with a sword when you have a gun.
Sura 2:191 doesn't mention a sword. But that doesn't matter. I get what you are saying, but you have to admit that cutting of finger tips is a pretty exact order, don't you think? How else can we reinterpret this verse? Cut of their toes? Or does it actually just mean cut off their toe nails. Ahhh isn't that nice. And here I was finding fault with the Quran. Puh. :)

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's see:
What could the wives complain about?
a) eating too much cake b) singing in the shower c) Having sex with non-wives?
What is lawful for Muhammad?
a) telling the truth b) writing poetry c) having an unlimited number of wives and sex slaves.

Also Allah threatening the wives with divorce is cute.

No offence but that's the biggest load of horseshit... other than basically all your other claims.
Allah put a limit on who Muhammed could marry:

33:52
Not lawful to you, [O Muhammad], are [any additional] women after [this], nor [is it] for you to exchange them for [other] wives, even if their beauty were to please you, except what your right hand possesses. And ever is Allah , over all things, an Observer.

Why would Muhammed limit himself?

Joseph Smith wrote is fact.

Prove it.

but you have to admit that cutting of finger tips is a pretty exact order, don't you think?

It was an emphasis rather than an order.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why would Muhammed limit himself?
Seeking approval from his wives.

Prove it.
I'm not a Mormon, lol. Just showing you how you come across.
I have the perfect book. It has the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If any book disagrees with my perfect book, too bad. It's not my problem. Lalala.

It was an emphasis rather than an order.
I'm sorry, but you are a lost case. Not a bone of critical thinking in your body.
I appreciate the conversation (unlike with Haider Raza) a lot, but I think we should leave it at that.

My last comment to you: I asked you earlier, whether you think God punishes people through other people.
I find this idea horrific.
If "my people" ever were to be annihilated by a foreign country, I'd prefer them doing it out of anger/limited resources/etc.
The thought of some people killing and thinking they do God a favor is just f*cking scary!
That's why I condemn both the Bible and the Quran.
I'd like to say God bless but you'd first have to prove his existence. No hard feelings, brother in humanity. ;)

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeking approval from his wives.

That wouldn't make sense seeing as how this verse came long after the wives accepted his roles.

I'm not a Mormon, lol. Just showing you how you come across.
I have the perfect book. It has the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If any book disagrees with my perfect book, too bad. It's not my problem. Lalala

If you can't prove your claims, why should I trust you. I've thoroughly debunked your claims and the best you can come with is unsubstantiated claims.

I'm sorry, but you are a lost case. Not a bone of critical thinking in your body.

And that's because I'm questioning your "critical" thinking? If anything that shows im more critical as I'm willing to accept your arguments, refute them and then go on to question them. You haven't even refuted a single one of mine, just questioning them waiting for further clarification when most of my explanations were simple.

The thought of some people killing and thinking they do God a favor is just f*cking scary!

If god punishes you through a person, that person wouldn't know that was god's intention. If you think "God wants me to do this." You are clearly in the wrong as you are not an all-knowing being.

So if you can actually refute my claims rather than suggest possible answers, I'd gladly accept a loss.

I'd also ask you to stop making assumptions. I've questioned my faith every time I've hit an argument like this. How can I, someone who is an advocate of rational thinking, not question the very foundations of my life?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I asked you earlier, whether you think God punishes people through other people.
I find this idea horrific.

If "my people" ever were to be annihilated by a foreign country, I'd prefer them doing it out of anger/limited resources/etc.
First of all you don't believe in God so this question doesn't imply. Unless you believe in God then I can tell you this. Do study cuz you know nothing because

Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Isra', (Verse 15), what can be translated as, "Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another’s burden…" Allah also says in surat Fussilat, (Verse 46), what can be translated as, "Whosoever does righteous good deed it is for (the benefit of) his ownself, and whosoever does evil, it is against his ownself, and your Lord is not at all unjust to (His)slaves." Allah also says in surat Fatir, (Verse 18), what can be translated as, "And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden, and if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin…"

They do it because just like you bashing religion without knowledge. Same reason they do it without knowledge thinking that killing people will take them to heaven. I know how annoying & scary it is.

That's why I condemn both the Bible and the Quran.
-SNIP- Good for you.

I'd like to say God bless but you'd first have to prove his existence. No hard feelings, brother in humanity. ;)
His existence is clear as I explained earlier to you. You might have ignored we have eyes we don't think this creation could come by accident. So yeah now you have to prove how this universe was made from nothing to something. Also how it was made so complex without something.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"lol ur ignorant" nice rebuttal.

Big cities in European/East Asian countries that don't have Muslims have nearly zero terrorism. Must Muslims aren't terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims.

Islam is a 7th century cult that idolized a pedophile, rapist, murderer and warmongerer.

(inb4 you criticize some other religion) no other religion today is killing people en masse, only Muslims.

Islam is incompatible with modern society.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

I believe mostly palm oil and other food products.

Also, what exactly are your beliefs?

My Beliefs? if your referring to my religion of faith then it is the same as yours(Islam). i am not the best Muslim, like many i have my faults but i i believe if you stick to the 5 pillars, then you will befine. I aint as extreme as our "brother" Haider Raza. Anything else? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it