Gaming Metroid Samus Returns Leak?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
do you always feel the need to pick fights. you made the assumption you won't be banned.

edit: btw, speculation is when you have little to no information. I gave you an example of when it's happened. Nintendo even admitted it.
I wasn't banned even when I played with my WiFi ON 6 hours a day since the leak 10 days before the release of Pokémon Moon. I didn't enter to online features, of course.

Was I lucky then?

Reactions: Xiphiidae

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly. I don't know how the bannings were issued. that's y I said it was speculation on what Nintendo looks for. apparently, a lot of people weren't banned. however, a lot of people were. the past banning that came out of nowhere - I know people who only played one game on the system and were banned; while others playing many games online, weren't banned. I'm just saying this as a precaution for anyone who downloads an early copy. I'm not looking to fight. I was just trying to help.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't banned even when I played with my WiFi ON 6 hours a day since the leak 10 days before the release of Pokémon Moon. I didn't enter to online features, of course.

Was I lucky then?
Some people weren't banned... And from what I could tell, the ones banned were the ones who tried to get into the online features.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And how would they detect you used the game before release if you modify the 3DS date before playing it and avoid activating the Wi-Fi?

Well, on this same train of thought, how would they risk to ban innocent people, when it is possible that your 3DS was out of battery or something and the date ended being wrong on it, so you played the game say next month and it stored the wrong system date in the log file.

You know that can happen? Then the log file with a wrong usage date will be sent to Nintendo, even though you used your own game bought after release. They can't ban you based on the log file because of that, it is unreliable.

A timestamp of when you connected may be logged via an online clock. Nobody can say for sure because nobody here works for Nintendo.. That we know of.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, with the 360, people aren't banned individually. people are banned in waves. just because someone hasn't been banned for playing fire emblem early yet doesn't mean that it won't happen. a lot of people thought that they were safe 'til that big ban wave happened earlier this year. Nintendo is getting smarter at determining if someone is playing a pirated copy thanks in part to their hacker program. if it were as easy as changing the date, that would be a huge oversight by Nintendo. I think there's more to it than that.

Reactions: Deleted User

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, with the 360, people aren't banned individually. people are banned in waves. just because someone hasn't been banned for playing fire emblem early yet doesn't mean that it won't happen. a lot of people thought that they were safe 'til that big ban wave happened earlier this year. Nintendo is getting smarter at determining if someone is playing a pirated copy thanks in part to their hacker program. if it were as easy as changing the date, that would be a huge oversight by Nintendo. I think there's more to it than that.
I must be very lucky. I have played many, many leaked games and haven't been caught. :tpi:

I have never used online features before release date, of course, but WiFi ON. And you say having WiFi ON could be enough for being banned by playing early.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know, but it be a great portable on the 3ds/nds/gba if it was worked on

Highly unlikely that's gonna happen.
Doctor64 did want to release the source for it, and even make a Linux port.
If he did the Linux port I'm sure it would have been easier to get the source for it, but since Nintendo decided to DMCA the project, everything that can be posted after the DMCA notice could end up in a legal court for him.

Nintendo really likes to screw things up at the worst moment, if they just waited a little longer to make the DMCA we could have gotten the source code for AM2R and ported it to consoles as a Homebrew app.

This isn't possible, since AM2R was made using GameMaker: Studio, which doesn't have, until now, a way to export for 3DS.

If it was made using Unity3D, well, that's another story: anyone registered as Nintendo Developer (i mean, they literally did open to anyone can register and gain access to their tools) can use Unity3D for New 3DS and port it, make a build and share it's .cia file for everyone else.

Last edited by Perfect One,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd I wasn't hit in the mass banwave that most here know about, I played fe early(obviously not being a complete idiot and touching online which is guaranteed way to scream ban me from nintendo hq's rooftop) and I'm still good, there's no reason why the wouldn't ban me if that's one of the method's

CorrellRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You had to be dumb enough to not only launch the game with wireless communication enabled, but go out of your way to use the game's online features.
I've never heard of anybody being banned for just having the game installed and playing it offline.
I haven't seen much about this Metroid game, but I doubt it even has online features.
Actually @godreborn is right. U can get ban not because of games data (early/leaking/even reg games) due to 3rd party custom apps and data from ur 3DS thts in the bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, come on do not argue with someone who only wants to help or get advice and tips.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually @godreborn is right. U can get ban not because of games data (early/leaking/even reg games) due to 3rd party custom apps and data from ur 3DS thts in the bin.

I believe that did occur thanks to 3DS' spotpass, since who enabled it, showed to anyone the most played app and such other related stuff.

And that allowed to both players and Nintendo see homebrew apps on the show.

Last edited by Perfect One,

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are always a few stores that break street date. If a store disobeys Nintendo's instruction and sells the game early, that is not the fault of the person who purchased it. Banning someone who legitimately purchased a game at retail store would just open a big can of worms that I'm sure Nintendo can't be bothered with. Chances are that Nintendo can't tell the difference between somebody playing a ROM on CFW and playing a retail cartridge, so playing a ROM 3-4 days before release wouldn't look suspicious.

If the game leaked a month ago and was being played, that would be a totally different story. But this close to the release date, I'm not worried.

Last edited by Sevael,

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
like I said, the system records the date played. that information is sent to Nintendo the moment u sign in. and, again, that's y I mentioned incognito mode. that file is the database that records games played and their play date. staying offline means nothing to that file.

edit: btw, now looks who's making assumptions.

Sorry I am slowpoke here, but my system is set in 2015 (Do not ask me why I never knew why I ever put this date at first.) and I have no problem to play with Pokemon Sun :)
It only record if you play with passive wireless maybe ( I mean without using online feature but having it activated)
else I do not see how they can track you if they can not even see you.
They can not use only a system date. ^^

Now I know I have preload on my system and plan to play it when ever I can.
My system is just always off and I activate only time to time to do some pokemon battle or gts stuff :)

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are always a few stores that break street date. If a store disobeys Nintendo's instruction and sells the game early, that is not the fault of the person who purchased it. Banning someone who legitimately purchased a game at retail store would just open a big can of worms that I'm sure Nintendo can't be bothered with. Chances are that Nintendo can't tell the difference between somebody playing a ROM on CFW and playing a retail cartridge, so playing a ROM 3-4 days before release wouldn't look suspicious.

If the game leaked a month ago and was being played, that would be a totally different story. But this close to the release date, I'm not worried.
Carts have UniqueIDs so Nintendo can tell the difference between a cart and a CIA as far as online play is concerned.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
like I said, the system records the date played. that information is sent to Nintendo the moment u sign in. and, again, that's y I mentioned incognito mode. that file is the database that records games played and their play date. staying offline means nothing to that file.

edit: btw, now looks who's making assumptions.

That's horseshit. They will not ban people because of that, you can set the time and date freely. And they will not risk banning someone who (bought the game and) didn't care to set the time properly.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, there are several posts on this site about all the 3ds bans, This is not one of them, its about Metroid Samus Returns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude