Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is all pretty impressive
ohmy.gif
I need to start drawing again. I feel inspired.

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
well anyone can ask away of they have questions, I'll give advice as much as I can. sometimes I pop into other threads here and there and if I find something useful to mention I will say it. it's far and rare, but if anyone asks me anything I will definitely answer.

so I finished designing the cover for my sketchbook which right now i'm only making 1 copy but if it all goes well I might start selling.
it's 8X8 20 pages, hard cover
I'm not much of a photoshopper, I much prefer hand done stuff to digital, but I wanted it to look more up with the times. I know it's not crazy intricate (quite simple actually) but I really like the way it looks.
here's the cover for it:
cover.jpg

Myke

so tasty!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
well I figured I would post this in my sketchbook because even though it's not art per se, I still think it's artistic and I'm damn proud of it.
Here's my arcade cabinet I built a couple of years ago. Took me around 6 months.
I started from this:
cabinets.jpg

then mocked up a control panel like this:
cab2.jpg

I then bought these:
parts.jpg

built the box of my control panel and cut the top part like this:
CPdrill.jpg

reprimed the whole arcade cabinet in black, then took apart the coin slots and cleaned and repainted everything like this:
coinslots.jpg

then I started sketching the designs that I painted on the sides with white chalk like this:
danstudy.jpg

I then painted said sides with enamel. I had red, yellow, blue, black, and white and mixed all my colors
and they look like this:
akumadone.jpg

and this:
dandone.jpg

then I designed the control panel and put the whole thing together like this:
cpdone.jpg

I then designed the marquee and tested the light I mounted behind it and it looked like this:
marqueeinstall.jpg

I then put the whole thing together and changed my boot screen, and it looked like this:
awesumsause.jpg

I do have a screen cover that doesn't show the border of my monitor or the inside of the cab, but I don't have a picture of it. it's a sheet of lexan where I spraypainted black around the panel. it's shiny from the viewer side. it looks clean as hell.
still love it to death. she's my non human baby. hope you like it! stop by and play a game sometime! it's only got like 200,000 games, and around 20,000 pinball tables. It doesn't show in the picture, but I got buttons on the sides of the cabinet for flippers and bumpers, as well as a button on the front of it for the ball plunger.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Myke said:
well I figured I would post this in my sketchbook because even though it's not art per se, I still think it's artistic and I'm damn proud of it.
*snip*
Wow.
ohmy.gif
That's awesome. If I'm in America then I'll play with that.
yay.gif
But, I don't know where you are, and please don't answer my question, it's too confidential.
wink.gif

I'm proud of you that you made that. It's super hard to do it, if you're gonna make me do it.
wtf.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could find a private company to do that for you. That's what my school does when they make the designs of all of our new planners.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Myke said:
woot! my hardcover sketchbook came in the mail today. it's so shiny and sick looking.
*snip*
now if I only knew how to get more printed and how to sell them.
Wow. That's so cool.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude