New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting how long I've really had my trusty 3DS. Had it since launch night but it still seems young in my mind. Maybe because some of the key franchises I'm used to seeing haven't arrived yet. We still have no Pokemon, no Metroid, no new Starfox, not even F Zero, which SURELY to all that is holy the system is built for..

Because people still expect new Star Fox and F-Zero games.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question. Why is everyone always clamouring for remakes instead of new content? If you want to explore the older regions, just play the older games. They've really not lost all that much over time, and they don't really gain much in the remake process either. Aside from a pretty meh graphical facelift (if you're gonna remake for the sake of graphics, go the whole hog, I say), they usually just have some tiny additional features tacked on. Rarely enough to warrant paying for what is essentially the same game again. Sure, if I never played Red, Fire Red is the better way to go, but surely it's better still to have an all new game and people who never played can just play the original? Release it on the E-Shop or something.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Why is everyone always clamouring for remakes instead of new content? If you want to explore the older regions, just play the older games. They've really not lost all that much over time, and they don't really gain much in the remake process either. Aside from a pretty meh graphical facelift (if you're gonna remake for the sake of graphics, go the whole hog, I say), they usually just have some tiny additional features tacked on. Rarely enough to warrant paying for what is essentially the same game again. Sure, if I never played Red, Fire Red is the better way to go, but surely it's better still to have an all new game and people who never played can just play the original? Release it on the E-Shop or something.

Because Pokemon is a rehash anyway so you may as well have a rehash with "nostalgia" in it.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well keep acting like that, and Nintendo won't give them to you XD!
MWAHAHAHAAHHAHA!

Anyway, I'm betting it's a remake of the 3rd generation. Definetely. And if that's the case, the following question is, will they make it for 3DS or DS?
No way, Nintendo won't let gamefreak do that. 3DS needs its Pokemon share now. We need to see the power of the 3DS what it can do to a main line Pokemon series.

Remakes will come after a new gen on a new device. ;) That's what I believe.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have the original games and cases of Red, Blue, & Yellow

I will never get rid of them.............. side-note........ anyone like my idea "Pokemon on 360(360+Kinect maybe)"

Throwing a Pokeball with the Kinect sensor would be interesting, I suppose. Certainly a new way to play. You could have the game set in first person like the recent Minecraft version of G/S. It'll obviously never happen but it's not without merit as an idea.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No way, Nintendo won't let gamefreak do that. 3DS needs its Pokemon share now. We need to see the power of the 3DS what it can do to a main line Pokemon series.

Remakes will come after a new gen on a new device. ;) That's what I believe.
I would be entitled to believe you but since the Pokemon Company is not entirely owned by Nintendo... (Considering they've done IOS releases too)
Yeah no. That's why my question still stands. B2/W2 showed me that gamefreak prefer accessibility more (which is kinda the reason they did it on the DS.). XD

Last time I checked since gen 3
Gen 3 ->remake of gen1
Gen 4 -> remake of gen 2

That's you right now:
Gen 5 -> no remake
Gen 6 ->remake of gen 3.
Hmm... a bit of inconsistency don't you think?

D

Deleted User

I would be entitled to believe you but since the Pokemon Company is not entirely owned by Nintendo... (Considering they've done IOS releases too)
Yeah no. That's why my question still stands. B2/W2 showed me that gamefreak prefer accessibility more (which is kinda the reason they did it on the DS.). XD

Last time I checked since gen 3
Gen 3 ->remake of gen1
Gen 4 -> remake of gen 2

That's you right now:
Gen 5 -> no remake
Gen 6 ->remake of gen 3.
Hmm... a bit of inconsistency dont'cha think?
......?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Anything that isn't main series 2D sprites is basically shit at this point.

Even that's shit it's just serviceable. It's like Dynasty Warriors with a more obnoxious fanbase.

But admittedly I'd probably consider a 3DS more if it had a 2D sprites main series Pokemon title. Yeah it's a guilty pleasure.

But good chance it's a shit spin off, shit movie, or shit show.

I agree to a point, but fuck you if you didn't think Pokemon Trozei was a puzzle masterpiece.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon Pinball for DS and Snap & Stadium for 3DS.
Seriously, no one thought about this? (Remember, Gen 5 doesn't have his own "Battle Revolution" game, and I higly doubt they make a Stadium-like game for Wii U)

Reactions: chavosaur

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a 3D Pokemon pinball, but I'd like it better if it was an Eshop title. Hell remaking Pokemon pinball in 3D would be cool, but that's asking too much according to Ninty -.-

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Arguably the last/only good spin off was the TCG on the GBC. The puzzlers are basically Planet Puzzle League last time I checked.

Trozei is more like the popcap game Chuzzle, if you remember that, except a bit different.

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER