New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trozei is more like the popcap game Chuzzle, if you remember that, except a bit different.

Oh, I actually really enjoyed Chuzzle back in the day. I'll check it out.

...When I get a new DS. My old one finally broke. But it was a shitty DS Phat so I didn't throw as much of a bitchfit over it as my old Vita.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would be entitled to believe you but since the Pokemon Company is not entirely owned by Nintendo... (Considering they've done IOS releases too)
Yeah no. That's why my question still stands. B2/W2 showed me that gamefreak prefer accessibility more (which is kinda the reason they did it on the DS.). XD

Last time I checked since gen 3
Gen 3 ->remake of gen1
Gen 4 -> remake of gen 2

That's you right now:
Gen 5 -> no remake
Gen 6 ->remake of gen 3.
Hmm... a bit of weird don't you think?

Actually they are the major stake holders of the 'pokemon franchise', they own 66% of it, gamefreak just 33%. Also the Pokemon Company was created by Nintendo themselves to handle Pokemon products outside of Nintendo. The Pokemon company itself belongs to Nintendo as they set it up. lol

As for IOS pokedex, it just promotion, Nintendo won't ever let proper games get released on there nor you ever see it, unless it actually promotes Pokemon.

They can remake gen 3 using 6th gen mechanics and top of compatibility with 6th gen.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually they are the major stake holders of the 'pokemon franchise', they own 66% of it, gamefreak just 33%. Also the Pokemon Company was created by Nintendo themselves to handle Pokemon products outside of Nintendo. The Pokemon company itself belongs to Nintendo as they set it up. lol

As for IOS pokedex, it just promotion, Nintendo won't ever let proper games get released on there nor you ever see it, unless it actually promotes Pokemon.

They can remake gen 3 using 6th gen mechanics and top of compatibility with 6th gen.
a rhythm game calledPokémon Say Tap?! says hi.

They can but my point is, that doesn't mean that they WILL!
Yes, Nintendo owns it but that doesn't mean that Nintendo completely controls what kind of content they release on which platform If that was the case, they wouldn't have touched the IOS platform.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a rhythm game calledPokémon Say Tap?! says hi.

They can but my point is, that doesn't mean that they WILL!
Yes, Nintendo owns it but that doesn't mean that Nintendo completely controls what kind of content they release on which platform If that was the case, they wouldn't have touched the IOS platform.

Looks more like Promotion to me. There were a number of promotion games like this released on the PC. IOS isn't the first lol.

You seem to forgot it's published by the Pokemon Company, who owns the Pokemon Company. Nintendo does.

If that was the case, why wouldn't they freely release games out on other systems a long time ago, such as PSP, ps3, x360, PS vita. Nintendo is pulling the strings cos they are owners. Gamefreak is the other owner but they can't do anything, they haven't released pokemon game outside of Nintendo platforms.

The Pokemon Company is part of Nintendo and all those just ways to advert pokemon. Wake me up when I see a real pokemon game on any other system.

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Throwing a Pokeball with the Kinect sensor would be interesting, I suppose. Certainly a new way to play. You could have the game set in first person like the recent Minecraft version of G/S. It'll obviously never happen but it's not without merit as an idea.

Yeah I know it will never happen but a person can always dream and think of ideas, see if someone could go and talk at the table with them (and KNOW how to say things) it would be a big step......... there are over 5000 people on facebook that would buy a 360 version of pokemon hands-down....... bringing it over to 360 gives pokemon a new wold of "core & hardcore" gamers that like myself play CoD, skyrim, FF and so many others, you can make it a rpg with the way you have to role-play your char. & team, how you play determines the outcome & paths, with the kinect involved you can include families and kids into with playing as a person and/or pokemon.... or play as a person till battle than you have to play as a pokemon..............not to mention the mini-games/battles you could play like in Pokemon Stadium

keep in mind this is just a little idea that I have, I have A LOT more in-detail info & way to work with it if anyone wants to really hear it lmao

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I said what I can.
As for the question in mind, I still think the remakes will come first before 6th gen.
Whether they remake it for DS or 3DS remains to be seen. If they did so for B2/W2. that doesn't mean they won't for the remakes.
Let's see if Gamefreak makes the right decision.

Markitus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they are going to announce Gen VI. I like RSE a lot, and I'd really like to play remakes, but the original games are still playable with the same hardware that plays Gen V, that is, a DS or DS Lite. Now you will tell me that it was the case with FRLG as well, but the remakes we've got so far were made to gain compatibility with the incompatible GB games. The upgrade would also be unnattractive, because the DS hardware is limited, and is more than 8 years old.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Nintendo confirmed to very long ago that they had no DS nor Wii games under development, so the remakes would happen on 3DS. Splitting a generation into two different hardware seems risky to me. I don't know if Nintendo is even licensing new DS games, because the current release schedule has only 5 games for DS, and none in Japan.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a new pokemon tcg!

Actually a good point. There are hundreds more cards since the last game, and Nintendo could make a damn fortune by putting AR markers on cards from now on so you could scan them in to your game to make use of them online through the wi-fi connection.

I'm stunned that the 3D cameras haven't been used to make a new Pokemon Snap yet though. As I've stated since I discovered the 3DS, use the same basic technology as Spirit Camera/Dream Radar to superimpose images of Pokemon over the real world feed from the cameras and BAM! Instant system seller. You could have a simple campaign mode with the newer pokemon in and have the camera feed as as bonus feature. Hell, you could remake the original onto 3DS provided that special feature is in there. I'd buy it. And I'm 25. I should be far too old to be excited by the prospect of getting low resolution photos of myself with an Articuno perched on my shoulder, but it's still the most awesome idea I've had in a while.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You forgot the 33% Creatures Inc. owns...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's tomorrow +1